IGNORED

WTB:Sega CD 1

Mr.collection

• 4 weeks later...

I take it the Megadrive II / Mega-CD (I) combo for £40 from our local Gamestation wouldn't be much use .... ? Their 2nd hand consoles _have_ to work for them to sell them, but you said that it powering up wasn't an issue anymore; why would you want a non-operational Sega-CD (v1)? There's always the CDX cart to deal with the Region problem. To be fair, though, you'd be looking at ~$100+ after carriage. I'm guessing you'd rather wait for a cheaper Sega-CD variant.

If you don't want it, I may go and buy it anyway; I've just recalled I have a MD (I) and a M-CD II; buying the (II)/(I) combo from the shop i could finally pair like-console-with-like-CD-addon as nature intended.

If your just looking for the Sega CD unit itself then get back with me after Christmas here...

Cause...um...well, I just finally got my Sega CD model 1 fixed. But in the interim, I got a spare to replace it. Was gonna hold onto it for parts. But let me check it more indepth and put it through some burn in testing over the weekend to ensure it is working 100%.

Originally it wouldn't play the CD Audio..but the genesis sounds were coming through just fine. And it wouldn't read discs at all. It would just keep saying to press reset, even with a brand new Sega CD game in the thing.

Finally found it was a disconnected ribbon cable inside, Some laser adjustments needed, and the CD audio problem was because the Sanyo DA converter chip on the audio/power board had at least 2 loose solder points on it. Took care of all this and so far so good for the past week now.

Let me know if your interested?