IGNORED

Stupid Mental Kombat question

NoahsMyBro

I'm understandably late to the party, but to any of you more aware than I, please clarify for me, if you can, the pre-order status/procedure for Mental Kombat.

IE, have I missed the boat on the limited run? If not, is there something I should do to reserve a copy, or are things not to that stage yet?

Thx,

Steve

...anxiously awaiting QB #86...

quote:

Originally posted by Steve Jacobs:

IE, have I missed the boat on the limited run? If not, is there something I should do to reserve a copy, or are things not to that stage yet?

I don't believe Simon has started taking orders for the carts yet. At the bottom of the Mental Kombat Development Page he states:

Please do not ask for purchase of the final product until the final release and ordering phase was announced on this site. Thank you!

I noticed that he added several pictures showing all the carts together, along with the manuals and boxes. Pretty cool.

..Al

• 1 month later...

You can't register for the limited run right now, because the headbands are currently produced and I expect them to be ready in the middle of july.

The production of the bands is a hell of a work: you have to cut the cloth, all that sewing, turning the bands inside out to hide the sewing line, ironing the bands, fold them, etc. I shouldn't have started that job, even if the work is done by a female friend of mine (I have to pay her very good for doing this boring job).

But the results look very great I think... :D

At the moment I'm additionally thinking of printing a logo on every headband, but that's unsure right now. Is anyone here experienced with "transfer-paper" (printing on it using an ink-jet printer and ironing the picture on cloth afterwards)?

The official ordering phase will be anounced on my development page and here at AtariAge as soon as the game is ready for shipment.

Simon

i was thinking the same thing , im glad the window hasnt closed a id sure like to buy a home brewed game one of these days i guess th key is to be looking everyday , but i dont know what the demand is for it, im sure most think they will not have the chance but look at other homebrews you can still find some,

@ ATARIPITBULL: Roughly the game will cost 45 USD. That includes:

- Numbered, signed, labeled (laminated laser print) Cartridge

- Full color printed box (professionally printed)

- Full color printed manual on thick paper (inkjet print)

- Headband Red

- Headband Yellow

- Hozer Merchandise Button

Due to the unsure costs of the headbands and the unsure situation of the headband-print, the final price may vary in the range of 40 to 49 Dollars. But I expect it not being higher than 45 USD.

@ AtariKen64: Sorry I couldn't catch the sense of your post. What did you mean with i.e. "glad the window hasnt closed a id" and the whole rest of the text??? :?

Simon

Thanks for the "translation", Mat! :D

I don't expext the 100 limited carts to be ordered within a period shorter than three weeks, so there should be enough time to place a pre-registration.

@ MayhemUK: anything for trade now? You know what I'm searching for... ;)

Simon