IGNORED

HSC3 Contest 2 Joust - EXPERT

Goochman

bjk - sorry to hear about your job

1007165[/snapback]

I should have mentioned it is a planned layoff and I will be back to work march 4. (I work at a country club and there aren't too many people golfing in the snow :) ) So I get paid 80 percent of my wages for doing nothing for a couple of months every year.

"Blue Birds"?

Come on now.. call them by their name: SHADOW LORDS :D

Red = Bounder

Grey = Hunter

Blue = Shadow Lord

Just more fun that way  :cool:

1007346[/snapback]

I used to know those names. All I knew is that those blue birds were getting annoying. :)

Anyway, take the advice I gave above and insert "shadow lord" (cool name!) with the "Blue birds" :)

1007165[/snapback]

I should have mentioned it is a planned layoff and I will be back to work march 4. (I work at a country club and there aren't too many people golfing in the snow :) ) So I get paid 80 percent of my wages for doing nothing for a couple of months every year.

1007339[/snapback]

Ok now I am jealous :)

What do you do at the course? Im a bit of a golfer - make that hacker - myself ;)

1007165[/snapback]

1007339[/snapback]

Ok now I am jealous :)

What do you do at the course? Im a bit of a golfer - make that hacker - myself ;)

1007383[/snapback]

I'm a cook. Usually I work on the line for the dinner rush, and usually help out with banquets if there are any.

To tell you the truth, I have only been golfing twice in my life, and never at the course where I work (even though I can anytime I want on mondays or sundays in the summer) I will probably get around to it next summer :)

Tip for Thursday: the Secret Weapon

Ever find yourself flying amoungst 10 birds and things just get chaotic?

Try landing.

Mind you not just anywhere, but like the attached picture, under the middle floating island. This is not 100%. Sometimes the other bird riders will fly under that island and try to land on you. There are risks.

But more often than not, they will fly to the left or right of the lower platform, either landing in the lava, or being dragged in by your strange ally, the lava troll.

Only problem is, you get no points for doing this.

Have fun!

post-4709-1138367414_thumb.jpg

Ever find yourself flying amoungst 10 birds and things just get chaotic? 

Try landing.

Mind you not just anywhere, but like the attached picture, under the middle floating island.  This is not 100%.  Sometimes the other bird riders will fly under that island and try to land on you.  There are risks. 

But more often than not, they will fly to the left or right of the lower platform, either landing in the lava, or being dragged in by your strange ally, the lava troll.

Only problem is, you get no points for doing this.

Have fun!

1007883[/snapback]

Good tip. I usually don't have problems with a bunch of birds, but I do have problems with the last silver or blue one that is left. It seems they put up much more of a defense when they are by themselves. I usually just let the last one or two fly into the lava. No points but I don't have to kill them that way. :)

And I still haven't gotten a score as good as my last one (I keep getting between 150-160k) So I guess I am done for joust this week.

1007883[/snapback]

Good tip. I usually don't have problems with a bunch of birds, but I do have problems with the last silver or blue one that is left. It seems they put up much more of a defense when they are by themselves. I usually just let the last one or two fly into the lava. No points but I don't have to kill them that way. :)

And I still haven't gotten a score as good as my last one (I keep getting between 150-160k) So I guess I am done for joust this week.

1007993[/snapback]

Had a lot of fun beating if no one, myself, in this competition. I look forward to swapping scores with everyone else in the next contest as well.

Don't worry side from Wizard of Wor, Archon, Star Raiders, Joust, and Moon Patrol, which I've played for YEARS and YEARS, I am a fairly average player. :) Though I figure that if I at least participate I will get a point. As people partipate in some and not others, if I play in all, I could still be up in the high ranks. (My advise to everyone to hang in there and at least try.)

Why I like these contests. Makes me play games I wouldn't normally and gets me away from my usual standards.

Edited by doctorclu

Contest Closed!

1008085[/snapback]

Dammit and I was just setting up my 8bit today to play it tomorrow :(

1008917[/snapback]

You have a SIO2Pc cable for that Atari of yours? An Atari 800 XL and a SIO2PC cable hooked to anything greater than a 50 mhz IBM platformer and you got an 8-bit with THOUSANDS of games. ;)

• 2 weeks later...