IGNORED

I found a 360 in Best Buy today!

dalton4life

I was in there just browsing but I was about to sit down start playing NBA 2K6 on the couch set up there when a worker told me they had one Core in stock. I asked him could he hold it for 15 minutes while I went to get the cash. I had to give them $8 in quarters but I left with my new 360. I'm going to download the Kiosk disc tonight since I heard that was bootable and hope to get buy a couple of games and a HD in a week or 2.

Edited by dalton4life

That's great man. What games are you planning to get?

1003314[/snapback]

Thanks a lot man. I appreciate it. It felt great buying it! Call of Duty 2 is my must have game. I will probaby get one or 2 more beside that. I'm considering Condemned: Criminal Origins, Madden 06, DOA 4 and Kameo: Elements of Power. It just slightly sucks having to wait a week or before I really can get playing it but I hope I can at least get the Call of Duty 2 demo working tonight. If not I'm going to pick up whatever Xbox magazine I saw today that had a 360 Call of Duty 2 demo on it tomorrow.

That's cool, man. Right now there just aren't enough games for the 360 that interest me enough to warrant buying one. Plus, I just got into the original xbox, and am quite happy with it right now.

If I were to buy one, I'd wait til the price comes down a tad and til after I see what ninty and sony have planned for their next gen consoles..

The magazine is Official Xbox Magazine, or as the kewl kidz call it, OXM.

Biased ?  Yes.  But a great magazine with great demos every month.

BTW, Welcome to the club !

1003347[/snapback]

Thanks. It's good to be it. I've only had an orginal Xbox for a few months and now here I go with the 360. Until last year I was strictly PS2 and classic systems so I've been playing Xbox catch up. I'll usually chose a console to focus on during a generation and buy the others when they get cheap. It's likely though I'll get the PS3 and Revolution whenever they come out except I'll know to pre-order PS3 as soon as stores start taking orders.

1003347[/snapback]

Thanks. It's good to be it. I've only had an orginal Xbox for a few months and now here I go with the 360. Until last year I was strictly PS2 and classic systems so I've been playing Xbox catch up. I'll usually chose a console to focus on during a generation and buy the others when they get cheap. It's likely though I'll get the PS3 and Revolution whenever they come out except I'll know to pre-order PS3 as soon as stores start taking orders.

1003417[/snapback]

You might want to call whatever gamestore you shop at for pre-orders. The EB here will be taking pre-orders (PS3/Rev) starting tomorrow (20th).

You might want to call whatever gamestore you shop at for pre-orders. The EB here will be taking pre-orders (PS3/Rev) starting tomorrow (20th).

1003482[/snapback]

Do you know how much you have to put down? I'm unfornuately tapped out until next week but if I can I will place my pre orders next week. BTW I got the Kiosk disc working. I blew through the Call of Duty 2 demo and played the King Kong a little bit. :cool:

1003347[/snapback]

1003417[/snapback]

Are you going to join Xbox Live?

My gamertag is beets if you are looking to play ever.

1003347[/snapback]

1003417[/snapback]

Are you going to join Xbox Live?

My gamertag is beets if you are looking to play ever.

1003770[/snapback]

I probably will in within the month. I finally bought an Ethernet cable long enough to reach my consoles in the living room from my router in another room. I mainly bought for FTPing to my original Xbox. Live looks good with the 360 if just to check out the demos. My first experience of non PC online gaming has been with the PSP and I've been having a lot of fun with that.

Edited by dalton4life

1003482[/snapback]

Do you know how much you have to put down? I'm unfornuately tapped out until next week but if I can I will place my pre orders next week. BTW I got the Kiosk disc working. I blew through the Call of Duty 2 demo and played the King Kong a little bit. :cool:

1003485[/snapback]

$50 per system.

Everywhere I've been has had the core systems kicking around... the premium systems though... those don't sit around. Good to see that there is still a mad rush for the systems after Christmas.

I wonder what will happen to the sales once the PS3 and REV are revealed at E3 (or sooner perhaps).

I'll be buying a Jaguar next and of the 3 next gen systems... I think the REV looks the most promising for me. But I want to see how all 3 compare. Next Christmas will be when I snap up one.

I walked into Target yesterday and they had 4 premium systems in the case!!!

I bought 2, one for me, one for ebay. Here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-360-Gam...1QQcmdZViewItem

Steve

1004164[/snapback]

Damn man, greedy guys like you are the reason behind the shortage.

What a joke!

You must buy Full Auto.  Get the demo right now, then buy the full version when it's released next month.  It's like Burnout, squared!

JR

1003959[/snapback]

Can I get the demo without a hard drive? I don't have one yet.

1004299[/snapback]

Yeah, just go buy the January OXM with Kameo on the cover, has the demo on it.

Edited by nik

Steve

1004164[/snapback]

What a joke!

Not really. The shortage is because MS launched a system that they aren't equipped to mass-produce yet.

The eBay markup market is a symptom, not a cause.

Steve

1004164[/snapback]

What a joke!

Not really. The shortage is because MS launched a system that they aren't equipped to mass-produce yet.

1004507[/snapback]

Still, he bought 3, 2 for him and a freind, a third out of greed, I know microsoft is at fault, but he's not exactly helping.

Would it be better if he'd just bought his and his friend's, then decided he'd rather make 200$ and wait on the 360?

I hate console launches lately. My PoV is if you can't actually supply the product, don't ship it.

Failing that, I see nothing wrong with people turning a profit because some moron believes it's worth 800 bucks to play a dozen games 6 months before the rest of the world.

Still, he bought 3, 2 for him and a freind, a third out of greed, I know microsoft is at fault, but he's not exactly helping.

1004543[/snapback]

Sure he's helping. Somebody who desperately wants an XBox 360, and is willing to pay what it's actually worth, will now be able to get one. This is the economy at work. Shortages are caused by prices artificially forced below free market value.

1004543[/snapback]

Sure he's helping. Somebody who desperately wants an XBox 360, and is willing to pay what it's actually worth, will now be able to get one. This is the economy at work. Shortages are caused by prices artificially forced below free market value.

1004680[/snapback]

Quite right! I for one don't believe any console is worth the price they debut at, so I will wait a year or even two to where the price is what I believe it should be. Besides, I know there will be AAA games out for the system by then ;) . Sure I'm cheap, but I'm not forcing anyone to do the same thing. If someone wants to pay double or triple the price of what the manufacturer sells a console at, more power to them. :D

Steve

1004164[/snapback]

What a joke!

1004507[/snapback]

1004543[/snapback]

How did this get turned into 3. I never used the word friend, and I never said 3.

I bought 2. One for ME and one for EBAY. Learn how to read NIK! I'm sure plenty of people on this forum would sell 1 for a quick profit!

Steve

Edited by De Butcher