IGNORED

NEW --> IDE for STE, STF, MEGA ST, MEGA STE ?

badak

Hello guys, there are few changes in this project 22 fev 2006:

Now we want to know who is interested by an IDE hard drive adapter for STE, BUT NOW FOR STF, MEGA ST, MEGA STE too ! (internal , no with cartridge port)

In fews days, I received more than 35 email and If we are 100 (minimum) , Rodolphe Czuba (CT60 creator) will be ready for looking this project so if you are REALLY REALLY interested (only serious guys please), send your (valid) email address to this email IDEPROJECT@FREE.FR with this message (it’s an example)

- Yes, I am really interested by an IDE adapter for my favourite STE (or STF, or Mega ST or Mega STE)

- If we want to add a "TOS flash switcher(ex:1,06/2,06)" it is necessary to solder. So is it a problem if you must to solder in your Atari for adding this adapter?

--- Yes it's a problem, i don't want or i can't to solder.

--- No it's good i can to solder or with my friend.

Don’t ask any info about price, size, tech, etc… it’s just for starting the project

DON’T post your answer on this forum.

thanks

bastien

Edited by badak

FYI, a friend of mine plugged in a SCSI to IDE bridge from a company called Acard to his ICD Microhost and it works great. This should mean that you can use such an IDE-SCSI adapter with almost any Atari DMA-SCSI adapter, space permitting.

It's not as clean as a direct DMA-IDE adapter, but it is an alternative in the meantime.

Edited by crash

Ok, Also could you consider making it with a CF port also or another version with a CF instead?  Also, we are talking about a ST, most CF cards could be enough for people to use.  Since CF is similar to IDE ports, we could then mount them internally to the STs.

1018879[/snapback]

IDE to CF adapters cost about _one dollar_ on eBay, so I'm not sure it is worth the trouble to design one into a product such as this. I tested one of these with HDDriver8 on my Falcon and it works fine. Also, you can get IDE flash memory devices such as these that go up to 2gb:

http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/product...dexnum=4&exid=2

These plug directly into the IDE port, and incidentally, also work nicely with the Atari 8-Bit IDE adapter MyIDE:

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?t=373

The orientation of the IDE port on an ST IDE adapter could be a factor when considering internal installation and the use of various devices.

Cheers!

I sent my email. It would be nice if there was a case mod kit too, to accomodate a laptop drive inside. But that's not the point. I'm interested and I sent my email. Hopefully the price will be kept down by the quantity. The more you buy the less you have to charge.

Nathan

/EDIT I just got my email returned to me. Is their inbox full? Did they get som many emails that they changed the address? What?

I'm still interested. Next time to avoid the bots, put an email in a public forum like: name@@@domainDOTcom or somethign like that. It avoids those pesky email bot farmers.

Edited by nathanallan

Hello guys, there are few changes in this project 22 fev 2006:

Now we want to know who is interested by an IDE hard drive adapter for STE, BUT NOW FOR STF, MEGA ST, MEGA STE too ! (internal , no with cartridge port)

In fews days, I received more than 35 email and If we are 100 (minimum) , Rodolphe Czuba (CT60 creator) will be ready for looking this project so if you are REALLY REALLY interested (only serious guys please), send your (valid) email address to this email IDEPROJECT@FREE.FR with this message (it’s an example)

- Yes, I am really interested by an IDE adapter for my favourite STE (or STF, or Mega ST or Mega STE)

- If we want to add a "TOS flash switcher(ex:1,06/2,06)" it is necessary to solder. So is it a problem if you must to solder in your Atari for adding this adapter?

---  Yes it's a problem, i don't want or i can't to solder.

---  No it's good i can to solder or with my friend.

Don’t ask any info about price, size, tech, etc… it’s just for starting the project

DON’T post your answer on this forum.

thanks

bastien

1018457[/snapback]

Define "soldering". :-)

Seriously, I mean if its a couple of wires, no problem. If its multiple wires, cutting traces on the MB, desocketing chips 'n stuff...well, thats a whole 'nother ball game.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...