IGNORED

Best game found in wild and didn't buy

Ridenmy65

A few years back I was at the local flea market and I went to my normal locations and the guy had the game "Ram it" by telesys. It was the black and white label variation.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I didn't buy the game because at the time I had no idea of its worth. He wanted $15 for the game and I decided that I would wait and do some research before I bought some common game for way too much money.

The next weekend I went back to buy the game and it was gone. So I was wondering, does anyone else remember passing up a game that they were not sure of its value only to regret it later.

Or a similar story of not having the cash at the time of a good find. Only to go back and the "good stuff" be long gone.

Angelo

how much do you think ram it is worth?

Well, I think the game is worth more the $15 price tag that I passed up. I know I just wish that I didn't pass it up because now I need it in my collection. I am sure one day I will run into another one.

One thing that use to frustrate me was when I would see a bunch of cartridges of other systems, but because I was only primarily collection the 2600, I wouldn't know their worth so I would end up passing them by. Who knows what I have passed up on.

I knew there must have been a few other people who had passed up on some games. I am glad I am not the only one.

Hmmmmm, it's hard to say the rarest game I've passed on in the wild. Probably like Pifall II or something similar. I remember passing on multiple coppies of Pitfall II for sure. I actually passed on some uncommon games at the flea because the guy wanted $5 each for them. They were of the cosmic creeps, tron deadly discs, crackpots variety. I did buy some stuff from him though.

Kudos,

MattG

I once passed on a mint master builder at a flea market because I thought 15 canadian was too high,

I did some research and discovered atariage.com, turns out it was pretty rare, in fact, it would have been the rarest game I had.

The next week I went back, and it was still there......then I realized I was probablly the only atari nut in the neighboorhood because all the kids in the place were eyeing the Nintendo/Sony games - they had no interest in Atari, one kid asked me what an Atari was? I told him it was the original home video game system, 25 years ago....he just blinked and said, he did not know that....

...I told him not to worry about it...it was old and had crappy graphics ...

Not Atari related at all... but I noticed a black system at Value Village once. I wasn't sure what it was (It was under a counter, and I have bad eyesight), but I thought it was a CD-i at the time. Since I had no source for CD-i games, nor was I at all interested in any of them, I passed on it. It was priced at $30.

The next day I went back, and it was half-price day, so I could have had it for $15 (These are Canadian prices by the way), and I passed on it again.

A few days later I was thinking about it, and I realized I was completely wrong about the system, and that it couldn't have been a CD-i since it was shaped wrong (Although I thought I saw "CD-i" embossed on the top of the system). The best I can figure is that it was probably a Turbo Duo

--Zero

I had to pass up two carts, complete with boxes. They were Miner 2049'er Vol 1 and Miner 2049'er Vol 2, I didn't have the $2.00 each left after I picked up a box of commons for $20.00.

I had to run to an ATM and the the money, luckily they were still there when I returned in an hour.