IGNORED

Help Me Find These

I am looking for dma cables to hook up the old atari hard drives to the ST. I am looking for ICD hard drive utilities. Does anyone know if they can be used with Atari Branded hard drives?

AFAIK, ICDs stuff will work with Atari SH204/205, Megafile 30 and 60 hard drives.

IMHO, you should invest in HDDriver though. Its the berries. :)

As far as those old DMA cables, check with Best Electronics or B&C Computervision. They can fix you right up.

HTHs.

I am looking for dma cables to hook up the old atari hard drives to the ST. I am looking for ICD hard drive utilities. Does anyone know if they can be used with Atari Branded hard drives?

AFAIK, ICDs stuff will work with Atari SH204/205, Megafile 30 and 60 hard drives.

As far as those old DMA cables, check with Best Electronics or B&C Computervision. They can fix you right up.

HTHs.

Huh HDDRIVER?

HTHs.

Huh HDDRIVER?

Yes, HDDriver, by Uwe Seimet. Its the best HD software for Atari computers, bar none, IMHO. Its still supported too. I think you can buy it by paypal (not sure about that though).

Yes, HDDriver, by Uwe Seimet. Its the best HD software for Atari computers, bar none, IMHO. Its still supported too. I think you can buy it by paypal (not sure about that though).

Yes, you can pay it via paypal, i did it that way, Uwe e-mailed me the software, very nice guy, fantastic software.

Javier.

Only the PRO versions of the drivers. Standard ICD drivers are for ICD host adapters only.

Some of the latests non-ICD host adapters emulate and ICD one and then they work with all ICD drivers. But Atari branded adapters do not.

What's actually going on in, say, the ICD Link?

Could a cheap alternative be knocked together with today's components?

There has been a lot of talk about this recently in other places, like the newsgroup or atar-forum.

Most projects are however for IDE and not for SCSI, which of course makes a lot of sense.

Yes, it should be extremely cheap to make an ICD link nowadays in high quantities. Using standard components and producing it for low volume is completely different, but it's not too expensive either.

Huh - anybody here who wants to make some link adapters for me?

How many thousands you want to order?

Sorry for the joke, but that’s the problem. Very few people want to invest developing something that will sell in minimum quantities.

Furthermore, there is a strong disagreement about what exactly people want, and what is better or easier to develop. A hard disk interface for the cartridge port, a board that plugs in the CPU socket, or in the DMA port? A SCSI interface, an IDE or an USB one?

All of this has been discussed recently. So to the already small potential number of buyers, it is further reduced because each other wants something different.

Do you have any doubts that manufacturing costs nowadays would be extremely small? Even producing in small quantities wouldn’t be a big problem. The problem is the developing costs.

I have proposed already an open project based on a powerful 32-bit MPU (such as ARM) that would connect to the DMA port. Then it would be very easy to adapt or expand for different type of interfaces. Not many seem to agree or like the idea.

Heck, I agree and I like, ijor! And yeah, there's lots of disagreements as to what would people want. I say do like M$ and give them something that does something (but works, unline M$). To me it's simple: Boot from a hdd, save to a hdd, anything else is negotiable. I just wish I could help finance it :)