no order on these

10. Top Gun

9. Megaman 2

8. Metroid

7. River City Ransom

6. Kung Fu

5. Duck Hunt

4. Crash and the boys Street Challange

3. Blades of steel (one of the best hockey games period.)

2. Cobra Triangle (might have the name wrong.. its like speedboat and you shoot shit)

1. Master Chu and the Drunkard Hu (well.. the game totally sucks ass but its got one of the best titles ever)

I only like Duck Hunt and Bionic Commandos.

Sometimes a system (even though you know the quality is there) leaves you cold. That's been the case with every pre-gamecube Nintendo for me. Don't know why.

By the way, are there any NES homebrewers?

I'd like to see a game that REALLY uses that stupid little guy, R.O.B. - something like 'beat the crap out of ROB'

1a-Double Dragon

Woah now, thats blasphemy. Nintendo totally butchered double dragon. The master system version is a little better, but nothing beats the coinop.. compare coin-op to master sys to ninendo. youll notice how much nintendo butchered an d changed it.. hell half of the game is totally different on the nes.

As for working Xenophobe ROM.. check your email

10-Mission Impossible

9-Mario Bros.

8-Super Mario Bros. 3

7-Legend of Zelda

6-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II

5-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

4-Elevator Action

3-Ikari Warriors

2-Super Mario Bros.

1b-Ghostbusters

1a-Double Dragon

NOTE: NES "Xenophobe" isn't on here because I can't find a working ROM for my emulator, therefore I can't try it. If you can give me a link to one it would be greatly appreciated.

quote:

Originally posted by King Atari:

NOTE: NES "Xenophobe" isn't on here because I can't find a working ROM for my emulator, therefore I can't try it. If you can give me a link to one it would be greatly appreciated.

You dont have this game? OMG im shocked

There was 3 loose ones at a place i go to, i got 1 of them 2 weeks ago i think i payed $3 for it

If you loved Adventures here a RPG list.

1 Crystalis

2 Final Fantasy

3 The Magic of Scheherazade

4 Dragon Warrior I

5 Dragon Warrior II

6 Dragon Warrior III

7 Dragon Warrior IV

8 The Legend of Zelda

9 Zelda II

10 Castlevania II

Not in this order, but all great adventures.

quote:

You dont have this game? OMG im shocked

Ah, 2600 version comes first.

quote:

As for working Xenophobe ROM.. check your email

Got it, it's not bad. The controls are a little strange, but I'll get used to them. So, "Xeno" just knocked "Mission Impossible" off the list:

10-Xenophobe

9-Mario Bros.

8-Super Mario Bros. 3

7-Legend of Zelda

6-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II

5-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

4-Elevator Action

3-Ikari Warriors

2-Super Mario Bros.

1b-Ghostbusters

1a-Double Dragon

The 2600 will always be my favorite home version, though.

quote:

Woah now, thats blasphemy. Nintendo totally butchered double dragon. The master system version is a little better, but nothing beats the coinop.. compare coin-op to master sys to ninendo. youll notice how much nintendo butchered an d changed it.. hell half of the game is totally different on the nes.

I know they reconstructed a lot of it, but it's the first home version I played, and it's my fav. Besides, the heart's still there. And if the music doesn't make you want to open up a can, nothing will.

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: King Atari ]

quote:

And if the music doesn't make you want to open up a can, nothing will.

argh.. im serious.. i have the theme for level 2 stuck in my head now.. the one with the skippy soundin techno beat.. it did have great music.. but im a double dragon purist.. i spend so much money on that machine, i almost cried when they took it away from the local 7-11... back in the 80s it seemed as if every 7-11 had at least 2 game machines.. now none of our local convience stores have anything.. they put the damn lotto texas quickpick and scratchoff machine where my double dragon machine was for sao long..ahh if only i was rich and owned double dragon.. heh i refuse to call it dd even tho im lazy.

Now wait a minute, leaving out SMB from #1, that's just not right. Not right at all. So... here's the final revised copy of my top 10 list (with 12 titles, heh heh):

10-Mission Impossible

9-Xenophobe

8-Mario Bros.

7-Super Mario Bros. 3

6-Legend of Zelda

5-Metroid

4-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

3-Elevator Action

2-Ikari Warriors

1c-Super Mario Bros.

1b-Ghostbusters

1a-Double Dragon

As far as I'm concerned, those three #1's are all you need. Those abc's are just to divide them. I couldn't pick an absolute favorite.

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: King Atari ]

Sorry I'm crowding this post, but I must reply:

argh.. im serious.. i have the theme for level 2 stuck in my head now.. the one with the skippy soundin techno beat.. it did have great music.. but im a double dragon purist..  

So am I, but if that's all there is for the NES, that's good enough for me. Like I said, it's the first home version I played, so naturally I love it. I don't think there's an arcade perfect version for home, the Genesis version is graphics wise, but the controls aren't very good.

The first Double Dragon for the NES did suck. It seemed that developers for the NES went out of their way to "enhance" or "add" features, new levels, etc to games instead of making them as faithful to the arcade as possible! Personally I HATED this! What kid back in the 80's didn't want their Double Dragon to play like the arcade version? Where did all this moving platform jumping crap come from? Why did they speed up the music? Why did your weapons "disappear" from your hands when you moved on to a new section? What was up with all those weird Bruce Lee guys? Ugh...I could go on and on! My brother got the SMS version and he laughed at how poor the NES version turned out!

Double Dragon II was a much better game, but again they felt the need to stray from what made the coin-op version so great by adding in different stages and objectives.

IMO, the only game that was enhanced above and beyond the arcade original was Bionic COmmando.

The Nintendo is one of my least actively collected for systems. So I haven't got much gamewise (About 25 or so). But of what I have these would be my top 10:

#10 - Castlevania 2

#9 - SuperMario Bros. 3

#8 - Xenophobe (Still like 7800 version better)

#7 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3

#6 - Castlevania (What a classic!)

#5 - Batman (Why do so many dislike this game!?)

#4 - SuperMario Bros. 2 (Still my Favorite!)

#3 - Toobin' (Great conversion easier to control)

#2 - Blaster Master (Better than Metroid IMHO)

#1 - Contra (You knew it had to appear somewhere!)

Most of the above games are the ones that really made me take notice of the NES in the first place. To be honest, there are several 7800 versions of games available for both that I prefer the 7800 versions over the NES. Double Dragon being one of them. Also 7800 Xevious and Xenophobe play better for me.

I am sure that if I actually had Turtles 2: The Arcade Game that it would be in that list somewhere. I do know that if I had Super C it would and also...believe it or not, I always liked Fester's Quest.

Enough rambling from me...back to my actual roots...(where is that 7800 proline stick now...?)

• 1 month later...