10 Best Nes Games

• 1 month later...

1. Mega Man 2 (far and above the best)

2. Super Mario Brothers 3

3. Super Mario Brothers

4. Contra (why don't I see this on anyone's list?), come on now

5. Double Dribble

6. Excitebike

7. Metroid (I don't like it much, but it is definitely good)

8. Legend of Zelda (not gonna leave this one off)

9. Blaster Master

10. Mike Tyson's Punchout

If I were stuck on a desert island, I'd be happy to spend the rest of my life with just these games

omg, where's the power supply?

• 1 year later...

I haven't bothered reading through everyone's list, and since I'm sure my actual top 10 would overlap with pretty much everything that's already been mentioned, here's some of the lesser known games that I really liked for the NES:

Shatterhand - Excellent Ninja Gaiden type of game. Possibly my favorite NES game ever.

Kick Master - Aside from the way the graphics flash (2600 style here), this game is really fun.

Treasure Master - Another great platformer with some really nifty ideas in it. Plus, the magazine ads for this are burned into my memory.

M.C. Kids - It may be a glorified Mc Donalds advertisement, but it's really fun!

Duck Tales - I actually got into this on the Gameboy, but the NES version is great too. Yet another platformer though.

The Goonies - Boy, I seem to like platform games a lot...

Castelian - Also known as Tower Toppler on some systems.

Legend of Zelda 2 - I don't know why people don't like this game... I think it's excellent!

Last Ninja - I always thought this game was really cool... but I REALLY suck at it.

A Boy And His Blob - Completely bizarre.

Burai Fighter - Basically a Forgotten Realms ripoff... but good stuff nonetheless.

Ice Hockey - Possibly the most classic video hockey game ever... Blades of Steel may be better, but this game is pure nostalgia.

--Zero

Wow, talk about serious post necromancy. Anyhoo, here's mine. These are in no particular order, either.

Metroid

Mike Tyson's Punch Out

Pro Wrestling

Zelda

Super Mario 3

Castlevania 2

Final Fantasy

Metal Gear

Ghosts 'n Goblins

Contra

There are many, MANY more that couldn't possibly fit into a top ten list, though. I consider the NES to be one of the greatest systems ever made. Screw all the "But the SMS was technically superior!". Yeah? What did THEY have? Nothing, really. Sure, some of the greatest game series of all time started on the SMS, such as Phantasy Star, but on the whole, the system didn't get near the great games that the NES did. Psycho Fox or SMB3? You decide...