IGNORED

Surfs up amiga proto

Dusk2600

Anyone know who this jon whatever guy is that bid 10 times to reach wonder's bid max??

Nope, but not surprisingly, Wonder won it. Congrats Wonder007! :cool:

THANKS!!!!! Still WONDERING who that Jon guy is???????

Dino, did you notice Wonder sniped that auction? And perhaps he shouldn't have bid so high before that, letting the other guy nibble? (In Wonder's case, any bid by him is enough to scare off some potential bidders!)

So does sniping still not matter on high-dollar items? :?

Wonder always follows up with a last minute snipe to ensure he gets his item. However, I don't think it would have made a whole lot of difference in this case anyway. The reason why I say this is because I think a lot of potential bidders were put off by this auction because it was around $800 well before the auction close and they were not prepared to pay more. Had Wonder not placed his bid, then the high bid would have hovered at around $200 till the end. At that point, 2 things could have happened, this Jochris character could have put in a higher bid of $800 to ensure he would win or the interest of other collectors would have remained and they would have put in a last minute snipe hoping to win. Either way, this cart would not have gone cheap. I must say though, it was a very strange auction. collectors dont generally bid the way Jochris did. He may be a shill bidder trying to protect his auction, in which case his final $800 bid is like his "reserve" price and he wouldnt let his cart go for less. IF that was the case, then a last minute snipe would not have worked again.

Has this game been dumped??

Well, I have a repo copy but not the real mccoy.

I also have a reproduction copy but am intrested in this one, looks like this will be the first auction where I will have to face the notorius Wonder007 that never loses an auction, I will put up a fight but your reputation speaks for it self............. I hate Ebay.

If I were you I wouldn't even bother placing a bid. If you bid the only thing you will achieve is to make him pay through the nose for it. Wonder's a nice guy. i'd rather it go to him for a steal than some e-bay hawk make a killing off him. And if you do win, it wont be worth it - you'll have to pay 100xmarket value to beat him. no good can come of it either way.

LET WONDER HAVE IT I SAY!!!

I get what youre saying but I think this might be another reason why he got the boxed Malagai so cheap. Once people knew that he was gunning for it they may have backed down, they did say they would ship at the end of the auction but still nobody bid any higher. I think people just gave up because of Wonders reputation, Im sure he is a nice guy but that wont stop me from placing a bid of what I think its worth even if I know hes going to win anyways.

I appreciate the kind words from Dino and Crazy Climber....all I got to say is I will do what I have always done and if I win, I win and if I lose, I lose----it will not be the end of the world.....you just need to move on..

I really enjoy collecting Atari 2600 stuff.........I think I love it so much because it reminds me of my childhood, boy I wish I can go back to those times......they were the best.

Congrats Wonder, it went out of my league but not by as much as I thought. Theres a few actual releases around this price I need before I drop that kind of cash on a proto. I basicly collect for the same reasons so never worry about me re-selling to make a profit, as far as Dino talking about me inflating the price if you check the bidding history you will see that I never even bid on it. I always wait until the last minute and place my one and only bid which I dont see a problem with. Its usually the only way I have a chance to beat someone who is not concerned about the price of items. Sometimes a very large bid at the end can catch people off guard, not the case here so I didnt bother with it.

Has this game been dumped??

Well, I have a repo copy but not the real mccoy.

I also have a reproduction copy but am intrested in this one, looks like this will be the first auction where I will have to face the notorius Wonder007 that never loses an auction, I will put up a fight but your reputation speaks for it self............. I hate Ebay.

If I were you I wouldn't even bother placing a bid. If you bid the only thing you will achieve is to make him pay through the nose for it. Wonder's a nice guy. i'd rather it go to him for a steal than some e-bay hawk make a killing off him. And if you do win, it wont be worth it - you'll have to pay 100xmarket value to beat him. no good can come of it either way.

LET WONDER HAVE IT I SAY!!!

I get what youre saying but I think this might be another reason why he got the boxed Malagai so cheap. Once people knew that he was gunning for it they may have backed down, they did say they would ship at the end of the auction but still nobody bid any higher. I think people just gave up because of Wonders reputation, Im sure he is a nice guy but that wont stop me from placing a bid of what I think its worth even if I know hes going to win anyways.

I appreciate the kind words from Dino and Crazy Climber....all I got to say is I will do what I have always done and if I win, I win and if I lose, I lose----it will not be the end of the world.....you just need to move on..

I really enjoy collecting Atari 2600 stuff.........I think I love it so much because it reminds me of my childhood, boy I wish I can go back to those times......they were the best.

Congrats Wonder, it went out of my league but not by as much as I thought. Theres a few actual releases around this price I need before I drop that kind of cash on a proto. I basicly collect for the same reasons so never worry about me re-selling to make a profit, as far as Dino talking about me inflating the price if you check the bidding history you will see that I never even bid on it. I always wait until the last minute and place my one and only bid which I dont see a problem with. Its usually the only way I have a chance to beat someone who is not concerned about the price of items. Sometimes a very large bid at the end can catch people off guard, not the case here so I didnt bother with it.

Oh, I know you did not bid.....but like I said before, everybody has a right to bid and I will never ask anybody to hold off a bid...I just get mad when people buy stuff just to resell. But, when it comes to collectors, may the person who is willing to pay the most win.

Again, Dino, I appreciate your words and Crazy Climber, no worries. I know both of you are true collectors and really are more interested in the successful state of the Atari 2600 world. :)

@ Crazyclimber: Sorry for the tone of my previous posts. I actually didnt intend to accuse you of overinflating prices on bids (even though i acknowledge that it kinda came out that way). My issue is primarily with resellers and some collectors who place bids to ensure that collectors like Wonder, you and me pay a price that they feel is an acceptable price. I have no issue with people like you taking a last second snipe at an auction that they intend to win. you should just bear in mind that Wonder007 doesnt get fazed by last second bids ;)

Good luck with your collection man!!

@ lemoncurry: my theory was right, the final selling price was not that much higher than what Crazyclimber was prepared to bid :D

• 2 weeks later...
@ Crazyclimber: Sorry for the tone of my previous posts. I actually didnt intend to accuse you of overinflating prices on bids (even though i acknowledge that it kinda came out that way). My issue is primarily with resellers and some collectors who place bids to ensure that collectors like Wonder, you and me pay a price that they feel is an acceptable price. I have no issue with people like you taking a last second snipe at an auction that they intend to win. you should just bear in mind that Wonder007 doesnt get fazed by last second bids ;)

@ lemoncurry: my theory was right, the final selling price was not that much higher than what Crazyclimber was prepared to bid :D

Sorry for the late response, I do not like people bumping up the price either. I rarely re sell something and if I do its because I somehow ended up with two. As for people who bump the price up so they think it is ''acceptable'' they suck. The only way a normal person can get a complete collection, or near, is to get a good deal now and then. Imagine if you had to pay full price guide value for every game in your collection, impossible.

Sorry for the late response, I do not like people bumping up the price either. I rarely re sell something and if I do its because I somehow ended up with two. As for people who bump the price up so they think it is ''acceptable'' they suck. The only way a normal person can get a complete collection, or near, is to get a good deal now and then. Imagine if you had to pay full price guide value for every game in your collection, impossible.

Totally agree that its impossible, unless you are Wonder007 of course!! the only problem nowdays is that there are SO many resellers that you can only get a bargain once in a blue moon...