IGNORED

OVGE 2006

-^CrossBow^-

It has been a very busy year with a lot of changes for me. However, it is time once again...:

Attention all classic video game players!

You have asked and been anxiously waiting! So without delay...

Welcome to the Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition 2006!

Tulsa, OK – On August 19, 2006 Atari, Coleco, Mattel, Nintendo, Sega and many more of your favorite classic gaming systems will once again rise from history in all their glory as the Marriott Tulsa Southern Hills Hotel in Tulsa, Oklahoma will be host to the forth annual Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition organized for the mid-American states of Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and beyond!

Plenty of space left so be sure to reserve now if you are interested in being a part of Mid-America's most anticipated annual event!

We also will have a need for a couple of volunteers this year to assist with marketing and during the event. Please contact us through the OVGE website if you are interested in being a volunteer.

The Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition is a gathering of collectors, video game enthusiasts, and vendors coming together to show, trade, buy, sell and have an incredible time!

Check the OVGE website for full details and be sure to check often for updates as they happen.

Click here for the full Press Release.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't missed a year setting up and I don't believe I'll do it this year either! On my agenda are to bring the A4000T, a C-One (so if you've never seen one before, this may be your only chance :) There aren't many of these around). I haven't decided on my other items yet but I'm open to suggestions.

And if I can get a signal, I'm running the webcam again :)

Brian

Well, the new Oklahoma Naz...I mean Gaming Bill went was passed into law. WITHOUT any sort of involvement from the voters, I might add. Wonder if this means we'll have state investigators at the show to make sure everything stays decent?

Investigator - Now, now. You must turn off this game. The violent imagery will scar little Timmy over there for life.

Random guy at convention - But Mr. Jackboot sir, this is Super Mario Brothers!

Investigator - Yes, and when Mario jumps on those little mushrooms, they obviously die! Violence, I say! Wait, mushrooms?? Drug use as well! Indecency! Blasphemy! You're coming with me...

Seems we've entered the next stage of hell, folks.

:x :ponder:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bumping this up a bit. So far on my table I've got a Commodore One to display, a couple CD32s probably, and various other C= stuff. I'm going to try to drag all my duplicate carts (200+) and wires/etc. I'm up for suggestions (look through the collection on my webpage). Last year I had an import theme - PC Engine Duo, Japanese Gamecube games, Brazillian SMS games, etc.

The tables are paid for...and I'm bringing company this time!

AltairBoy is planning on being there to show off some of his collection of vintage (and working!) MITS Altair computers at the PDF tables, with at least one 8800 up and running with a game or two, and some vintage computer magazines dating back before Apple came along and revolutionized everything. Now there's something ya don't see every day.

I'll have the usual Odyssey2 goodness, and if I can coax it into working again, the original Magnavox Odyssey (again, not something that you can get your paws on every day). There'll also be a real live working Atari Video Music there that you can try out hands-on (along with a nifty mix of game-related tunes and vintage 70s and 80s goodness), as well as the complete Coleco tabletop collection - all with batteries in 'em! - and all those great goodies in the PDF videogame memorabilia collection.

If I can get it all put together in time, this year will see the premiere of a new expanded version of the PDF video loop that has proven so popular in years past - with possibly even as much as an extra half-hour of vintage game clips.

Oh, and that's just the PDF table. Flack, icbrkr and quite a few others will be there, all with their own displays that are at least that cool.

If all this isn't sounding tasty enough for you to head to Tulsa for a Saturday, then I don't know what is! Come on out and play some classics. That number again is O-V-G-E. :cool:

If anyone's on the fence about this one, it'll be worth it just to come and check out AltairBoy's Altair collection. At the rate that they (and he) are aging, you might not get another chance to see such dinosaurs together. :D

I know Icbrkr and I have both paid for our tables. It should be an awesome show, can't wait to see everyone again!!!