IGNORED

OVGE 2006

-^CrossBow^-

I have in fact offered to pitch in on the ballroom to hold this shindig, but I know Jesse doesn't want us to spend our own money to make this happen. To that I say P'SHAW. I already make more money than I spend in a year anyway and if forking out a little cash so Tulsa can continue to happen every year is what it takes I don't care one whit if I get the bucks back or not. This is one con that definitely should not die!!

I have in fact offered to pitch in on the ballroom to hold this shindig, but I know Jesse doesn't want us to spend our own money to make this happen. To that I say P'SHAW. I already make more money than I spend in a year anyway and if forking out a little cash so Tulsa can continue to happen every year is what it takes I don't care one whit if I get the bucks back or not. This is one con that definitely should not die!!

Well, I told Crossbow that he needs to talk to you next year about having OHHLA as one of the sponsors. Good publicity for the website, and some extra funds to run the Con....*shrug*

Maybe we could even arrange to put a small ad on OHHLA, dear? (like what we did for AGE in 2003?)

OVGE was great this year, being able to meet everyone again, as well as some new faces in the crowd.

My ColecoVision table went over very well, even though I had a last minute set-up. The dual Vectrex's were also a hit, with several offers to buy one! The one thing that I would change is to have some chairs in front of the Vectrex's, as well as the SHUMP tournament. I found the mini-Atari joystick two days before OVGE, and decided to offer one as a prize. The other mini Atari joystick that was supposed to be for "show only" had several people asking "does it really work?." So, I plugged it in and watched the joystick slowly disintegrate! Several gamers enjoyed it, while others just watched. Fifteen bucks for a very poorly made "Plug N Play", that will be used as a key-chain only. (Collectors, look for this item to be reduced soon.)

Saturday evening was fun, even with the thunderstorm! Being able to spend time with everyone is a cherished moment, that any game cannot possibly match. As for the Pac-Man scratch-offs, when I took them to Texas for a payout, the place I stopped at said that this game was out of date, and the big prizes had already been won. He was wrong, as shown at the Texas Lotto site located here:

http://www.txlottery.org/scratchoffs/activ...et.cfm?gnum=664

(36 more cocktail arcades to be given away!)

I also regret buying only 2 items this year, Rob's Commodork book (highly recommended), and an arcade marquee of Donkey Kong Jr. from Jeff.

Thanks to everyone for a great show this year. With everyone pulling together, OVGE will be here for 2007!

Brad

ps. Did anyone get a picture of the Coke/Pepsi SHUMP?

Edited by purenergy

As for the Pac-Man scratch-offs, when I took them to Texas for a payout, the place I stopped at said that this game was out of date, and the big prizes had already been won. He was wrong, as shown at the Texas Lotto site located here:

http://www.txlottery.org/scratchoffs/activ...et.cfm?gnum=664

(36 more cocktail arcades to be given away!)

Is that why I haven't found any Pac-Man scratch-offs lately? It was a limited time game? Man, that sucks. I only played it two or three times. I'll try to find a convenience store with some left, and see if I can't snag me one of those cocktail cabinets!

Your table was a lot of fun. I'm one of those who played the tiny keychain Atari joystick, and thought it sucked. I didn't get any pictures of the Coke Wins competition, unfortunately. I barely took any pictures, because I was too busy playing games and talking to everyone. The idea to take a few photos hardly ever popped into my head. I did take a lot of pics of the Altair, for my computer geek friend, since he had to work that day.

Thanks!

:)

Is that why I haven't found any Pac-Man scratch-offs lately? It was a limited time game? Man, that sucks. I only played it two or three times. I'll try to find a convenience store with some left, and see if I can't snag me one of those cocktail cabinets!

I've found 2 places in North Texas that have plenty left. Every time I buy one (or more :)), I keep thinking "this could be collectable", but I scratch it anyway!

I don't think I could leave those unscratched. What if, in 20 years, one of those in your collection gets the aluminum accidentally scratched, and you found out that it won? How tragic would that be, that you had won an arcade cab with that ticket, but never redeemed it? That would totally kill me.

Maybe you could scrape off the very bottom, the part with just the codes that their machine scans, just to make sure it's not a big prize winner. Then leave the coating on it unscratched if it's a losing ticket.