IGNORED

OVGE 2006

-^CrossBow^-

If anyone's on the fence about this one, it'll be worth it just to come and check out AltairBoy's Altair collection. At the rate that they (and he) are aging, you might not get another chance to see such dinosaurs together. :D

I know Icbrkr and I have both paid for our tables. It should be an awesome show, can't wait to see everyone again!!!

I've been working on this all morning. I've got 3 tables - 2 tables for displays, and 1 table for stuff to sell. What I've got so far:

Table 1:

Amiga CD32 - Playing Gloom (by request of SteveW)

Amiga CD32 - Playing Guardian and any shooters I have with me

<empty spot>

Table 2:

Commodore One - Playing .. ? I need help here. I need a list of about 10 C64 games that would be a good "pick it up and play" game. I say 10 because the C-One's core isn't 100% compatbile and it might not work.

Amiga 4000T - Playing ... ? I need an AGA title here to show off... again, quick "get into the game" sort of play. Also, if anyone wants to see a pretty loaded Amiga 4000T setup too, I'll break out of the game (it's a 4000 w/18MB, 5 disc CDROM changer, 24 bit video card, NIC, more).

Commodore 64C - Playing .. ? Creatures 2 has always been a hit for the death scenes but I'm up for something else.

Table 3:

Everything from my store is coming along pretty much (epochgames.com) .. 2600, 7800, 5200, NES, SNES, TI, Genesis, more.. and a lot of accessories and stuff that aren't on my store (cauz I haven't added em in yet). Controllers, some TI parts, a Coleco Telestar pong machine, 3 or 4 Sun Sparcstations and anything else extra that I have lying around. I'm sure I'll add more stuff to my table before the date arrives.

If anyone's on the fence about this one, it'll be worth it just to come and check out AltairBoy's Altair collection. At the rate that they (and he) are aging, you might not get another chance to see such dinosaurs together. :D

I know Icbrkr and I have both paid for our tables. It should be an awesome show, can't wait to see everyone again!!!

I've been working on this all morning. I've got 3 tables - 2 tables for displays, and 1 table for stuff to sell. What I've got so far:

Table 1:

Amiga CD32 - Playing Gloom (by request of SteveW)

Amiga CD32 - Playing Guardian and any shooters I have with me

<empty spot>

Table 2:

Commodore One - Playing .. ? I need help here. I need a list of about 10 C64 games that would be a good "pick it up and play" game. I say 10 because the C-One's core isn't 100% compatbile and it might not work.

Amiga 4000T - Playing ... ? I need an AGA title here to show off... again, quick "get into the game" sort of play. Also, if anyone wants to see a pretty loaded Amiga 4000T setup too, I'll break out of the game (it's a 4000 w/18MB, 5 disc CDROM changer, 24 bit video card, NIC, more).

Commodore 64C - Playing .. ? Creatures 2 has always been a hit for the death scenes but I'm up for something else.

Table 3:

Everything from my store is coming along pretty much (epochgames.com) .. 2600, 7800, 5200, NES, SNES, TI, Genesis, more.. and a lot of accessories and stuff that aren't on my store (cauz I haven't added em in yet). Controllers, some TI parts, a Coleco Telestar pong machine, 3 or 4 Sun Sparcstations and anything else extra that I have lying around. I'm sure I'll add more stuff to my table before the date arrives.

Are you going to have any C64 stuff for sale? I recently picked up one and only have a few games. It would be great to pick some up without having to pay shipping. Your tables sound great can't wait to check'em out!

-Tim

I'd love to see Forbidden Forest running on the C-One. I haven't played that one since 1985! And i've gotten interested in playing it again since reading the nice article on it in Retro Gamer Magazine.

I read that article too :) I'll see if I can hunt it down.

PMP: I don't have really any C64 stuff for sale cept possibly a disk drive. Usually I sell off my dupes but I don't really have anything like that for the C64. Flack on the other hand...

The OVGE is now only just over a month out. Time for some updates. Most of these changes are already reflected on the OVGE website, but just in case here is the current list of sponsors, vendors, exhibitors and events scheduled.

Current OVGE 2006 Sponsors:

• AtariAge
  • Messiah Entertainment
  • Video Game Collector Magazine
  • Speedhost.com
  • Barcade Asmusements
  • GameXchange
  • Vintage Stock
  • Digital Press

Current OVGE 2006 Vendors: (Tentative)

• Barcade Asmusements
  • Game Crazy
  • GameXchange
  • Lynda's Action Figures
  • Trade-N-Games
  • Video Game Collector
  • Vintage Stock

Current OVGE 2006 Exhibitors: (Tentative)

• Brian Green
  • Jeff Cooper
  • Earl Green
  • Rob "Flack" O'hara
  • Max Newton & Dustin Johnson
  • Joshua Risner
  • Josh Dunbar
  • Brad Prillwitz
  • Smitty

As for tournaments this year we currently have the following:

• OVGE Classic Game Tournament
  • +Atari 2600 - Megamania
  • +Sega Genesis - Space Invaders '91
  • +Turbo Grafix - Galaga '90

The OVGE Classic Tourney will a be an Alien invasion theme this year as you can see.

We also have possible tournaments to be held by Max and Dustin who are the Neo-Geo side of our show and also possibly by Josh Risner with some good ole Street Fighter action!

Be sure to check the OVGE website for more updates as they come...

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

Are you going to have any C64 stuff for sale? I recently picked up one and only have a few games. It would be great to pick some up without having to pay shipping. Your tables sound great can't wait to check'em out!

I will have 50 or 60 C64 games (originals, disk only) for sale. I plan on marking them at a buck or two.

I will have 50 or 60 C64 games (originals, disk only) for sale. I plan on marking them at a buck or two.

:lust:

Then I sir, will bring money. :)

-Tim

I had thought it was clear in my above post regarding current vendors and exhibitors. In addition I have AA now removed from the Vendor list.

No, AtariAge will not be present at the OVGE this year. Al has other commitments within the same time frame and simply cannot do both. I spoke to him Monday. AA will certainly be missed at the show this year, of that there is no doubt. However, I have heard that some of the homebrews might still be possibly for sale at the show this year still.

I assumed that the huge-ass speeding ticket he picked up in Stringtown, OK made him not want to go into Oklahoma again. You spend a lot of money to go to the Cincinatti game expo, spend money on a hotel, make just enough at the show to break even, then on the way back, you get slapped with a big speeding ticket in an illegal speed trap, putting you in the red for the trip. I can understand why he'd hold a grudge against Oklahoma after that.

I assumed that the huge-ass speeding ticket he picked up in Stringtown, OK made him not want to go into Oklahoma again. You spend a lot of money to go to the Cincinatti game expo, spend money on a hotel, make just enough at the show to break even, then on the way back, you get slapped with a big speeding ticket in an illegal speed trap, putting you in the red for the trip. I can understand why he'd hold a grudge against Oklahoma after that.

Yea, that whole deal was dodgy.

Still, it's good to know that there is still a possibility of homebrews being avialable at the show. I always liek to pick up a couple that I don't have yet. Maybe Ladybug will be finished in time :cool:

Yea, that whole deal was dodgy.

Still, it's good to know that there is still a possibility of homebrews being avialable at the show. I always liek to pick up a couple that I don't have yet. Maybe Ladybug will be finished in time :cool:

Yeah I hope some Homebrews are available. I've kinda started a tradition of picking a new homebrew release up at every show.

-Tim

Some more minor updates to the OVGE website. We now will have some live music during the event, and the classic game tourney is officially posted. In addition I believe there are some new exhibitors now listed and confirmed.

Again, be sure to check the OVGE website for updates.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finishing up testing software this weekend for the show. I've got:

CD32 #1: Guardian, Other Shooters

CD32 #2: Gloom, Pinball Fantasies

C-One: Tower Toppler, Space Taxi [if it works]

C64: Creatures 2, Forbidden Forest (if I can find it)

A4000T - ?

A600 (if I bring it) - ?

What I need is a list of 10 games each that would be good at a show for:

The Amiga 1200/4000 (AGA Graphics)

The Amiga 500/600/2000/3000 (OCS/ECS Graphics)

The C64

I'll rotate em during the day.

Pretty much any Psygnosis games are good for display. They had incredible looking games. The gameplay wasn't always as stellar....

There was an OCS game called Unreal that I always liked, and it was pretty impressive looking for it's time. In one section, you'd fly a dragon through a nice scaling 3D landscape, then it was on foot to kill some baddies with a burning sword. Great graphics.

Robocop 3D was a good looking polygonal game. Another OCS game which looked better than the hardware was capable of.

Motor Massacre was another favorite of mine. Drive around in a top-down viewpoint, scavenging for gear on foot in mutant infested ruins. I especially remember the sound effects. Yet another OCS title.

Vaxine is a great looking game. The gameplay is pretty confusing (especially if you didn't have the instructions like my copy) but the raytraced look really stood out. OCS.

Speaking of raytracing, I hope you have the Amiga Juggler animation. Throw that on there for a little while. That'll bring back some memories.

Metal Mutant would be nice. I haven't tried that one in years. It's said that Silmarils ported the game over to the Lynx, but for some reason Atari never licensed it. I always liked the look of the game, and the nice background sounds of crickets and such. Part side scrolling shooter, part puzzle game. OCS.

Edited by SteveW

GAH! It's gonna be KOF '98 this year for the Neo-Geo tourney? AHHH! I spent the last 3 months practicing on Garou for NUTHING?!?!

Oh well, I still got a little time to polish up on my KOF moves...

I was seriously gonna try and host a Guitar Hero tourney this year guys, but the wankers I work for won't even let me know if I have that day off till the week before, so planning anything in advance is a washout.

Don't worry about the tourney Greg. Game Crazy plans to host a Guitar Hero Tourney at the show...so that is pretty much covered. At least, that was the plan last time I spoke to the DM which was last week. But corporate entities have a nasty habit of changing things last minute....

Anyway, the Guitar Hero tourney from them should be a definite.