IGNORED

Adapting Falcon LAN port to RS-232

I'm trying to use a program and hardware device that only works on "the other" serial port. I've seen discussion that this LAN port is the second serial port, but I need it to communicate with an RS-232 device.

The program will not use the Falcon modem port.

I'm trying to use a program and hardware device that only works on "the other" serial port. I've seen discussion that this LAN port is the second serial port, but I need it to communicate with an RS-232 device.

The program will not use the Falcon modem port.

The Falcon modem port is modem2. The Lan port has the same plug as a LocalTalk port but is modem2 as well I think. One can either use one or the other at a time.

Hmmm... I think that what I need is Modem1. Isn't there any way to get a Modem1 out of the Falcon?

As for the fine schematic for the adapter cable, krupkaj, do you have one of these working yourself?

Thanks!

If it's RS-422 you can buy the cables for ~$15 via e.g. Belkin... I have several of the mDIN varieties as RS-422 mDIN (about 1/2" diameter) are used on SGI and OldWorld Macintoshes, and RS-422 DIN were used on e.g. Apple //c.