IGNORED

Atari 7800 Hardware Survey

kenfused

7800 Hardware Survey  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own an AtariVox

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you own a High Score Cartridge? (don't count CC2)

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you own a joyport memory card?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Do you own an XBoard (RAM+Pokey board)?

• Yes
    • No
  5. 5. Do you own a Cuttle Cart 2?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Trying to get an idea of how many people, own what to get an idea of what to support in 7800 releases.

Please only vote if you have an Atari 7800 (and use it some, or would use it if there were new releases).

If you don't know what something is, feel free to ask before taking the survey.

Thanks,

Ken

I don't own any of the listed hardware, but if the XboarD were to be mass produced, I'd buy one.

Since the CC2 also contains the POKEY chip, supporting POKEY detection would be a good idea, IMO.

I'd toss in a password feature for game saves, though. Let the joyport memory card owners have the option to save to that, and the rest of us enter a password.

I am pretty suprised at the number of people who own high score carts. I don't even own one :-( .

XBoards I expected to be pretty low, they are kind of at the limit of price I would want to pay, but probably would, but the shipping cost to the US kind of really kills it.

If anyone has one and can test the latest Beef Drop builds to see if the pokey sound works. If using a CC2 you would need to set it up without a pokey or the appropriate bank switching file so pokey doesnt appear, since the game will pick an onboard pokey first. Actually, try it both ways if possible since the game will actually use both pokeys (as far as writing registers), but turns off the xboard pokey's output.

I am pretty suprised at the number of people who own high score carts. I don't even own one :-( .

neither do i :)

but there are alot of 7800 collectors here that consider everything made for the 7800 as collectable :D

i just go for the US released games and i have a CC2 but its still sealed in the box that it came in from chad, its the only thing i said yes to

The biggest hurdle for XboarD, IMO, isn't the price--it's the installation. I think they were going for $40 plus shipping, but the install in a 2nd or 3rd generation 7800 requires better than average soldering skills.

I know if I get one, I'll have to ask Bruce Tomlin or keilbaca to install it.

That makes $80 or so right there with shipping and paying the installer for their service.

The other hardware, maybe with the exception downloanding software to the CC2, is pretty much plug and play, to my knowledge.

On the plus side, though, the XboarD looks the most promising out of all, save for the CC2.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't own a 7800 (so I didn't vote :)), but I'm looking to get one sometime soon and I do own an AVox (and the Richard H.-produced memcard, if that's what you are referring to).

And when I get a 7800, I'll definitely be in the market for some nice homebrews. :D

I don't have any of it. Heck, I just played Food Fight for the first time awhile ago, and only had 4 games for it until this summer. Still, it's quickly become my third favorite system, so I'd buy anything I could afford that had some amount of support.