IGNORED

coolest video game character

Who, in your opinion is the coolest of the cool, in terms of video games. Modern games included, I just could't stick it in both forums (actually I could but most of the modern gamers come here too).

For me, I'd have to say it's...

SEPHIROTH!! Need I explain why. With his really cool theme song, and his black wing, he just sets the standard for cool in my opinion.

also, I think Nightmare from soul calibur two is pretty damn cool. He goes around collecting souls, swinging a giant sword, and saying stuff really cool-like, for example: "Die" "Go away!" "Offer your soul!" "and the ever famous... "Need... more... SOULS!" However, he just isn't as good as Sephiroth

Edited by narutofan

SEPHIROTH!! Need I explain why.

Yes. He's a lame cliche with no redeeming qualities.Second only to Kefka on the lame villain meter(both FF villains, coincidentally... or IS IT?).

I nominate... the marker from Qix. :P

Yes. He's a lame cliche with no redeeming qualities.Second only to Kefka on the lame villain meter(both FF villains, coincidentally... or IS IT?).

I nominate... the marker from Qix. :P

Now that you mention it... he is pretty cliche. Well, he wants to kill all the humans and he freaks people out.

Now that you mention it... he is pretty cliche. Well, he wants to kill all the humans and he freaks people out.

Half of all villains want to kill everyone. And another third want to enslave everyone.

Sephiroth has a nice sword, I give him that.

But most of the praise he gets is just because he was in FF7.

I think Vectorman was amazing, and could have been done in 3d like metroid, and could have been just as successful.

As far as modern characters go its a hard decision. I think that mario and sonic as evolved quite nicely (voice acting asside, and sonic looks to be much better on the sonic wild fire game than adventures). Putting them asside as i know most of you guys would say its cliche, id have to say morgan from vampire savior type games. I know many dont care about that gaming series anymore, but me and my roomates cant get enough of her. half of my roomates *including myself* are designers/artists, and my roomate made a life sized color illustration of morgan, .... its quite sexy :P

Half of all villains want to kill everyone. And another third want to enslave everyone.

Sephiroth has a nice sword, I give him that.

But most of the praise he gets is just because he was in FF7.

yeah, you have a good point, I think a lot of my praise comes from that. But the way he's in the game, and how he betrayed shinra because they had a secret about him, that he didn't know, and when he found out, he started killing people.

am i the only person who thought ff7 wasnt as good as ff9?

maybe 7 gets so much attention because of the fact it was the first 3d ff.. either way ff9 is unfairly forgotten by a lot of gamers.

Edited by AtariJr

That guy from Shatterhand on the NES. When he punches foes, they're sent airborne from the impact! He's got brains to go along with the brawn, too... he can assemble mighty robots from Greek letters and even transform into a cybernetic killing machine!

JR

I think Vectorman was amazing, and could have been done in 3d like metroid, and could have been just as successful.

Indeed. The character design lends itself well to poly-fication, too. Aside from the round-ness.

I've never gotten over the irony of the fact that Vectorman was pretty much impossible on a vector system, and yet the bad guy was Raster.

Putting them asside as i know most of you guys would say its cliche, id have to say morgan from vampire savior type games. I know many dont care about that gaming series anymore, but me and my roomates cant get enough of her. half of my roomates *including myself* are designers/artists, and my roomate made a life sized color illustration of morgan, .... its quite sexy :P

It'd be pretty hard for a talented artist to NOT make a sexy Morrigan, unless they were actively trying to do so.

I always liked her character too, for the record. Capcom apparently doesn't though, based on how often they've resprited her for new games(read: never). SD doesn't count.

yea i know... well if they stopped making those stupid mega man battle network games and spent more time with the francises peopole care about, id be a much happier... i dont understand why that whole series is ignored by them when it has a very good fan following.. look how rare that dreamcast game is.

i also cant believe i spelled her name wrong,... im quite ashamed.

btw the same thing goes for sega, if sega got off their buts and made sequels to games that i care about like vectorman, rez and nights instead of making phantasy star online 3 (cards?? common..give me what we love), billy hatcher, and remakes over every horrid 3d sonic game AGAIN they would make even more money.

yea i know... well if they stopped making those stupid mega man battle network games and spent more time with the francises peopole care about, id be a much happier... i dont understand why that whole series is ignored by them when it has a very good fan following.. look how rare that dreamcast game is.

The problem is... Battle Network sells like hotcakes.

The entire 2D fighting genre is in a slump right now. It has it's followers, but they aren't the mass market.

btw the same thing goes for sega, if sega got off their buts and made sequels to games that i care about like vectorman, rez and nights instead of making phantasy star online 3 (cards?? common..give me what we love), billy hatcher, and remakes over every horrid 3d sonic game AGAIN they would make even more money.

At least the next Phantasy Star is a real story-driven RPG instead of online randomness.

eh not much of a story, and the story doesnt matter on pso... its the gameplay.. and 3 got old..real fast.

yea i know battle network sells.. and it tells you the type of gamers modern gamers are today as those are really horrid games. I think i saw they are on like number 6 or something. i feel like i just bought the first one in japan on the gba launch.. how did it get to 5 sequels arlready lol.

And yea, i know the 2d fighters are in a slump. I really dont understand why. But i think a good reason is that most of the games that have come recently (mostly on xbox) suck pretty hard, esp when they try to make it a 3d fighting game like that fatal fury game.. its just shoving the genre in the dirt. What happened to quality titles like the VS series.. :sad:

Edited by AtariJr

Quoted for truth

maybe 7 gets so much attention because of the fact it was the first 3d ff.. either way ff9 is unfairly forgotten by a lot of gamers.

Personally I think 4 runs circles aroudn them both, but hey.

While not what most would call cool, Felicia from darkstalkers gets my vote. I mean she cat scracthes her way to victory what's not to love?

Edited by sega saturn x

Quoted for truth

While not what most would call cool, Felicia from darkstalkers gets my vote. I mean she cat scracthes her way to victory what's not to love?

i love felicia's oh so cute poses, and the anime depicts her and morrigan very well in personality and character :twisted:

Quoted for truth

i love felicia's oh so cute poses, and the anime depicts her and morrigan very well in personality and character :twisted:

heh.

Samus is my VG woman.

180px-Ending_fusion_e3.jpg

Yes, people she's a video game and not a real person.