IGNORED

coolest video game character

eh not much of a story, and the story doesnt matter on pso... its the gameplay.. and 3 got old..real fast.

But it drops back and taps the original Phantasy Star Offline stuff, which a lot of fans have been asking for since PSO first came out.

yea i know battle network sells.. and it tells you the type of gamers modern gamers are today as those are really horrid games. I think i saw they are on like number 6 or something. i feel like i just bought the first one in japan on the gba launch.. how did it get to 5 sequels arlready lol.

Targeting kids with a cartoon series and toys.

And yea, i know the 2d fighters are in a slump. I really dont understand why. But i think a good reason is that most of the games that have come recently (mostly on xbox) suck pretty hard, esp when they try to make it a 3d fighting game like that fatal fury game.. its just shoving the genre in the dirt. What happened to quality titles like the VS series.. :sad:

Personally, I think they had a problem from the start.

The genre was somewhat incestual. Each game was trying to trump the one before it in elaborateness and difficulty, making it very hostile for the new guys. Once the people that were in since Street Fighter 2, Art of Fighting, and Mortal Kombat started dropping out, it was all over.

Same thing's happened to scrolling shooters. Each subsequent one seeks to trump the old one to ensure that the existing fanbase still feels challenged, and makes little effort to attract new players.

For me, I'd have to say it's...

SEPHIROTH!! Need I explain why.

Yes. He's a lame cliche with no redeeming qualities.Second only to Kefka on the lame villain meter(both FF villains, coincidentally... or IS IT?).

Quoted for truth

am i the only person who thought ff7 wasnt as good as ff9?

maybe 7 gets so much attention because of the fact it was the first 3d ff.. either way ff9 is unfairly forgotten by a lot of gamers.

Personally I think 4 runs circles aroudn them both, but hey.

While not what most would call cool, Felicia from darkstalkers gets my vote. I mean she cat scracthes her way to victory what's not to love?

i love felicia's oh so cute poses, and the anime depicts her and morrigan very well in personality and character :twisted:

heh.

Samus is my VG woman.

180px-Ending_fusion_e3.jpg

Yes, people she's a video game and not a real person.

Now THAT'S a fight I want to see, samus Vs. Felicia. I don't hvae a clue in the world why ssb Vs. capcom hasn't been green lighted yet, so I guess we can only dream.

post-5748-1152069444.jpg

well considering that blaster in my face would kinda scare me, ill say no suit.. and i wouldnt have a clue on how to undress that huge orange freak of science ;) btw, i replyed to you in Wanted Guitarmas

From the title, I thought this was a thread about who you think is the coolest video game character, not for some smartass comments about how lame you think someone ELSE'S favorite character is.

I gotta give the nod to Solid Snake. The combination of Hayter's voice acting and his overall attitude make him a great character.

And for the record, Sephiroth WAS a kick-ass villain. Yeah, he may have wanted to kill the world, but he skewered your girlfriend right in front of your eyes. Not many video game villains can boast of such a heinous act, and those that can certainly followed in Sehpy's wake.

From the title, I thought this was a thread about who you think is the coolest video game character, not for some smartass comments about how lame you think someone ELSE'S favorite character is.

I gotta give the nod to Solid Snake. The combination of Hayter's voice acting and his overall attitude make him a great character.

And for the record, Sephiroth WAS a kick-ass villain. Yeah, he may have wanted to kill the world, but he skewered your girlfriend right in front of your eyes. Not many video game villains can boast of such a heinous act, and those that can certainly followed in Sehpy's wake.

funny, i thought the whole point of these forums was to discuss your opinions. If i just wanted to make a list i could do it offline.

yea i know battle network sells.. and it tells you the type of gamers modern gamers are today as those are really horrid games. I think i saw they are on like number 6 or something. i feel like i just bought the first one in japan on the gba launch.. how did it get to 5 sequels arlready lol.

Umm....I only played Battle Network 2 and 3 and I love them both. I got MMBN2 because I liked the idea of the combination of action, card, and RPG elements. I was somewhat skeptical, but I ended up liking the game quite a bit. I love the battle system and the game has a fun charm to it. I like how you can combine cards for program advance attacks and how the game has some challenging bosses. I like BN3 becuase it's more of the same, but with some nice story revelations and a neat customization system where you fit pieces onto a grid.

As for coolest video game character, I'm going to go with Dynamite Headdy. He has crazy reactions and has a ton of different heads. I like how he throws his head and how he can change it with power ups.

Edited by BrianC

Not quite true, all seph does is burn down a town, janova is actually the one the kills her, it's just a mock up of of ol' sephiroth. Sound stupid? That's because it IS.

Umm....I only played Battle Network 2 and 3 and I love them both. I got MMBN2 because I liked the idea of the combination of action, card, and RPG elements. I was somewhat skeptical, but I ended up liking the game quite a bit. I love the battle system and the game has a fun charm to it. I like how you can combine cards for program advance attacks and how the game has some challenging bosses. I like BN3 becuase it's more of the same, but with some nice story revelations and a neat customization system where you fit pieces onto a grid.

At the risk of thread-highjack, I'd be interested what a card battler fan would make of this free Lego-themed game: Spybotics: The Nightfall Incident. I know a guy who worked on it, actually. (though it's a little glitchy here and there) Overall it's great, a combination of a card collecing/battling game with Intellivision's SNAFU... (I wrote the GameFAQ FAQ for it)

What I think is really weird is the Yu Gi Oh cartoon, where the characters play the game right down to talking about cards and hit points or whatever it is. I've never seen so much explication in a kid's cartoon.

Dude, get some self esteem.

Not quite true, all seph does is burn down a town, janova is actually the one the kills her, it's just a mock up of of ol' sephiroth. Sound stupid? That's because it IS.

for the record because you people dont know much about FFVII,jenova doesnt kill tifa (not even close), sephiroth did stab her but she lived. jenova didn't give birth to sephiroth! Hojo implanted jenova cells into sephiroth to make him super powerful. sephiroths real mother is lucicrea who was almost vincents wife. all sephiroth wants to do is cary out jenova's mission, to destroy planets though out space.... :)

now that thats all over, i will have to say Vincent Valentine is the coolest game character, (except for his limit break)

Edited by Sonic

Mr. Do!

No game hero has as much personality! He's popular with the guys, but the chicks dig him too! He's so very cool, you won't care that he's a goofy clown with a honky nose and bongo shoes and wears a spotted jumpsuit! No other game hero could pull that one off.

post-887-1152122577_thumb.jpg

Edited by mojofltr

for the record because you people dont know much about FFVII,jenova doesnt kill tifa (not even close), sephiroth did stab her but she lived. jenova didn't give birth to sephiroth! Hojo implanted jenova cells into sephiroth to make him super powerful. sephiroths real mother is lucicrea who was almost vincents wife. all sephiroth wants to do is cary out jenova's mission, to destroy planets though out space.... :)

now that thats all over, i will have to say Vincent Valentine is the coolest game character, (except for his limit break)

except for his limit break? I thought his final limit break was awsome.

it looks cool but you cant control him while his doing it, causing everyone in the party to keep healing him because he just keeps on attacking, thats it. (it does look really cool though)

Edited by Sonic

it looks cool but you cant control him while his doing it, causing everyone in the party to keep healing him because he just keeps on attacking, thats it. (it does look really cool though)

that's all that matters :P

My vote goes to Link also, or the line of Links I suppose. I just love the way that outside of the cartoon, Link and all his ancestors / decendants battle on with a unshakable determination but never say anything.

My vote goes to Link also, or the line of Links I suppose. I just love the way that outside of the cartoon, Link and all his ancestors / decendants battle on with a unshakable determination but never say anything.

Except for "ha", "yah", and "meow". ;)

I don't really have a favourite game character as I have never bonded with a sprite before. I just find it really odd that people can get really enthusastic about a game character.

But if I had to say one then it would probably be Sabreman - because he reminds me of my youth and how I wasted a part of it trying to complete Knightlore, (Which I never quite manage to do).

Out of interest did the old Ultimate (commonly known as Rare) games get released in the U.S.A? They were originally Sinclair Spectrum games.

Out of interest did the old Ultimate (commonly known as Rare) games get released in the U.S.A? They were originally Sinclair Spectrum games.

Jetpack is an unlockable in Donkey Kong 64. The GBA remake of Saberwulf got released in the US, but that doesn't count since it's a remake and not the original.

Edited by BrianC

Maybe it's better in the game, but that is among the stupidest storylines I have ever read.

Oh, and:

Link

Also:

Pitfall Harry

Pac-Man

Mario

Donkey Kong

Samus

for the record because you people dont know much about FFVII,jenova doesnt kill tifa

I think you mean AERIS not Tifa? And I'm the one who doesn't know anything. I know this sounds like the pot calling the kettle black but what is it with 13 year olds and final fantasy seven? The seem to love it like a fat kid loves pie.