IGNORED

CPUWIZ's AtariService.com Store Opens

Albert

Great, now the thread is full of replacement ideas for all the stuff I invested a bunch of money into. Since Al's post, I have sold exactly 4 boards. :|

Don't worry. Maybe someone wants a few hacks to be played on the real thing. Like e.g. my dring controller hack of Sprintmaster.

And maybe you should advertize using a list of games which require SC, so those who are not deep into Atari programming get a better understanding of your offer.

Thanks Thomas, that is a great idea.

Great, now the thread is full of replacement ideas for all the stuff I invested a bunch of money into. Since Al's post, I have sold exactly 4 boards. :|

Don't worry. Maybe someone wants a few hacks to be played on the real thing. Like e.g. my dring controller hack of Sprintmaster.

And maybe you should advertize using a list of games which require SC, so those who are not deep into Atari programming get a better understanding of your offer.

I think you should really add the "newbies guide to SARA":

When I was browsing through you store, I could not really figure out which parts are needed to make a complete

SARA board. Does the SARA chip contain the bankswitching logic as well ? I think it would also make sense to show people a bit better what they do exactly need if they want to make a SARA game. And there have been F8, F6 and F4 games with superchip. Is this only for F8 or also for the other schemes ?

So, ... which parts do I need to make an F8 SC game. Do I also need one of your PLDs ? Where are the F8SC PLDs ? What if I wanted to make a F6 game with the SARA chip. Would that work as well ? And how about F4 ?

Maybe all this is 100% clear to other people, but unfortunately not for me ...

Armin :)

I think you should really add the "newbies guide to SARA":

When I was browsing through you store, I could not really figure out which parts are needed to make a complete

SARA board. Does the SARA chip contain the bankswitching logic as well ? I think it would also make sense to show people a bit better what they do exactly need if they want to make a SARA game. And there have been F8, F6 and F4 games with superchip. Is this only for F8 or also for the other schemes ?

So, ... which parts do I need to make an F8 SC game. Do I also need one of your PLDs ? Where are the F8SC PLDs ? What if I wanted to make a F6 game with the SARA chip. Would that work as well ? And how about F4 ?

Maybe all this is 100% clear to other people, but unfortunately not for me ...

Armin :)

Thanks for the suggestions. All SARA games require bankswitching and the logic is not inside the RAM itself, they all require a PLD. I'll see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the suggestions. All SARA games require bankswitching and the logic is not inside the RAM itself, they all require a PLD. I'll see what I can come up with.

People should find a PLD which fits to the SARA boards in the store then. They can find the boards, the SARA chip, but no PLD that seems to fit. At least if I click on the PLDs, they look like the standard PLDs that do not support SARA RAM.

People should find a PLD which fits to the SARA boards in the store then. They can find the boards, the SARA chip, but no PLD that seems to fit. At least if I click on the PLDs, they look like the standard PLDs that do not support SARA RAM.

That's all you need, the SARA chip does not require any external logic, click on the link again. :)

http://www.atariservice.com/Shop/index.php...products_id=167

Make more sense now?

How many were you expecting to sell in your first week?

And I agree with Richard - it isn't that you are negative towards CPUWIZ's products, John, it's that you partially hijacked the thread.

Edited by vdub_bobby

Listing SC games was a good idea. Hopefully more people will become interested when they realize they can finally make an NTSC Klax or Fatal Run. (My NTSC Klax isn't so special anymore, but I can live with that. :))

Could you actually make a Fatal Run cart? I know the prototype I have for it is a regular 16K SARA chip board with a whole mess of wires on it and a special PAL stuck into one of the sockets.

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/f...tscfatalrun.htm

Tempest

How many were you expecting to sell in your first week?

More than 2. :lol:

Could you actually make a Fatal Run cart? I know the prototype I have for it is a regular 16K SARA chip board with a whole mess of wires on it and a special PAL stuck into one of the sockets.

I've made a bunch of Fatal Run NTSC carts, you can even convert the PAL version with a little effort. Which is now not needed anymore.

Make more sense now?

Yes, definitely. Looks great now. Even I can understand it ;) So the F8 PLD can do both standard F8 and F8SC, dependent on what board it is used with ? If yes, it would be nice if you write that in the PLDs description.

Make more sense now?

Yes, definitely. Looks great now. Even I can understand it ;) So the F8 PLD can do both standard F8 and F8SC, dependent on what board it is used with ? If yes, it would be nice if you write that in the PLDs description.

Thanks.

There really is no such thing as F8SC, both use regular F8, that is why I made my PLD's pin-compatible with Al's.

There really is no such thing as F8SC, both use regular F8, that is why I made my PLD's pin-compatible with Al's.

:? Now I am confused again... but nevermind. I think if you tell people which components they have to buy and if it works, thats fine. :D

Edited by Kroko

:? Now I am confused again... but nevermind. I think if you tell people which components they have to buy and if it works, thats fine. :D

I bet you are confused, because the SARA chip handles the chip select, not the PLD. ;)

I bet you are confused, because the SARA chip handles the chip select, not the PLD. ;)

The SARA chip handles its own chip-select. It further generates a modified A12 which effectively makes SARA accesses invisible to the rest of the cartridge.

I have just completed my Save Mary! It is great. Thanks CPUWIZ for making it possible :)

dsc04083.gif

Cool, that package didn't take too long, thanks for buying the 2 boards I sold. :)

How did the package look, was it beat up at all?

BTW, my revised board arrived, I had to give these babies gold contacts and slanted insertion edges. Also increased the size of the hole, I had a report of certain types of cart shells, that were just a bit too big. :cool:

I don't think I'll be buying anything else for a while. :ponder:

SARANewBig.jpg

What have I said negative about the memcard, beyond complaining that the AA store doesn't have them?

I didn't mean it like that. What you have to understand is these are completed products, not WIP. You commenting how this and that could be better etc, is not constructive when a person has made 400 PCB's already. It suddenly looks like the product is inferior in some way, and guys wait for the stuff you suggest to be added.

If you want to build competing products, or comment on WIP projects I have no problem with that.