IGNORED

The two missing Starpath boxes now exist! :D

CPUWIZ

Well, my wife was hired to make these on special order (the design work alone took several days) and they turned out so friggin awesome, that we are making them available for sale. Before you jump up and down, these won't be cheap, they are completely made by hand. The asking price is set by her, and it's going to be $40 each.

Anyone interested? Comments? :)

Wanna bitch, bitch at her? LOL :ponder:

Both.jpg

SOS_Front.jpg

SOS_Back.jpg

SI_Front.jpg

SI_Back.jpg

• Like 3

:lust:

That is sweetness, CPU. Tell your wife that someone who's such a fanboy of Starpath that he's got one of their sprites as an avatar gave her hard work two thumbs (and two big toes) up!

Those boxes are simply amazing.

Sword kinda looks like it's more in the future than the rest of the library, sort of like it's in direct competition with NES games.

Survival Island looks like a photo.

Still, that is excellent work.

Outdone herself. Really. Very well done.

I can totally understand the pricing, making those boxes is costly.

CPUWIZ, I know you have at least 3 or 4 Survival Island and Sword of Saros games lying about the house (probably as doorstops), why not pitch a few in those swank boxes and hold a contest or something?

She is an artist, if I was going to punch anyone in the face because of the price, don't worry WIZ I know you would take it for her being the man you are!

:-o :skull: :grin:

PS I will check my money status tomorrow and will email you back.

:D :D :D

Sword of Saros did have official artwork for the Italian version (as included on the Supercharger CD v.2)

post-121-1152867621_thumb.jpg

I'm glad to see this get used, but I also wanted to make sure proper credit is given to Dan Skelton who made the original graphics for the Stella Gets a New Brain CD. The knight in Sword of Saros comes from another Starpath brochure but Dan made the Survival Island art himself (in Bryce 3D as I recall) as well as simulated manuals and walkthroughs. (I see the raft/flotsam got painted out of Survival Island).

Here are the cassette covers:

post-121-1152868978_thumb.jpg

post-121-1152869002_thumb.jpg

I wish the repro Polo had used Dan's artwork (from the Stella CD v1), which I think was a little closer to Atari's style. Dan also made artwork for Wizard but I've since lost the files. The game was not included on the CD because JTS Atari would only let us include one title.

Some other great work he did:

post-121-1152868171_thumb.jpg

post-121-1152868095_thumb.jpg

post-121-1152869424_thumb.jpg

Even in cases where we just scanned the artwork, Dan spent a lot of time cleaning up the scans to remove grain and dust specs to get things to a pristine state.

Edited by mos6507

Thanks very much to all for the nice comments. Obviously, it's great fun to do this sort of thing when people receive it so well. :) To those who feel they are a bit pricey - sorry that it must be so, but when you really break it all down from the time spent to the cost of materials, including things like since it's July in CA, we need to run the AC full blast anytime I'm cuttin'/foldin', etc. (Uh ... I've learned that sweaty hands and custom box making simply do not mix ... and it's been bloody HOT here!), I can't feel it's too unreasonable. Anyone who's expressed interest, but not right now, should just feel free to contact us when or if things change. I'm guessing we'll be able to accomodate.

I'm glad to see this get used, but I also wanted to make sure proper credit is given to Dan Skelton who made the original graphics for the Stella Gets a New Brain CD. The knight in Sword of Saros comes from another Starpath brochure but Dan made the Survival Island art himself (in Bryce 3D as I recall) as well as simulated manuals and walkthroughs. (I see the raft/flotsam got painted out of Survival Island).

Even in cases where we just scanned the artwork, Dan spent a lot of time cleaning up the scans to remove grain and dust specs to get things to a pristine state.

Regarding the above, THANK YOU, mos6507, for setting us straight on this. We had no idea where this artwork came from, or who to credit for it. We understood it to be prototype artwork from the time of the original release. We've only shipped a couple so far, and any made from here on will absolutely credit Dan properly. I'm delighted to be able to do so. And the only reason the raft is missing is because the (way) better of the two versions of the artwork I was able to get hold of to use did not have it! Must have been an earlier iteration that didn't have the raft in yet. The version I have with the raft is so lo-res I was not even certain what it was, for sure.

And I know exactly what you mean about the time spent in clean up, as I did much the same thing here to make the artwork look as good as I possibly could. THAT is what took so much time to do here ... not just replicating the box. Nothin' to that ... it's all the hand clean up that takes forever, especially when working with images that have required significant scaling, as these did. And they're not perfect, to my eye ... wish I'd had higher res to use myself, but they ain't too shabby either, if I do say so myself. ;) If you, or Dan, or anybody out there has better art from either box cover, I'll be happy to revise my work to make use of it.

Somebody asked about inserts - no problem.

Somebody asked about a Polo box ... lemme at it ... :D

Once again, thanks to all for making this so fun to do!

Those look fantastic!

I've been kicking myself for years now for selling my Sword of Saros and Survival Island cassettes at a garage sale, but had finally forgiven myself.

Now that I've seen these great custom boxes, I'm back to kicking myself.

:dunce:

:D

Well ShyOne and CPU have done great work on the boxes. I got mine in the mail today and they look great. They are very glossy and put together very well. I gathered up my tapes and instruction packs for the games and now they are all at home on my shelf with the rest of the collection. If you ever plan on getting a boxed collection of the supercharger games you might want to get a set of the last 2 now cause they look so nice all lined up!

post-1807-1153349351_thumb.jpg

post-1807-1153349372_thumb.jpg