IGNORED

Rec. C's FB2's Here....I think

Popped in to my local Walmart here on the north side of Milwaukee. It had been out of FB2's a while back and suddenly three appeared in the store. Checked the SKU/Price marking on the shelf, and it had a date of 7/11/06 so chances were good these were from the new shipment and not just older ones showing up. They were only $19.99, so I bought 2 (and before you ask, some other guy in the checkout who said "Wow, an Atari game" went and got the other one).

Upon opening it up, it is a much smaller board than the one on Curt's mod page. I'll post pics late tonight.

Since the new board is maller does it fit into the case differently?

I'm just wondering if I will need to modify the new unit or simply transfer the new board into my older mod'd unit.

Also, it would be good to find out if the new units will work with some of the carts that did not work with the Rev.B units.

A few FB2's popped up on the shelf at the local Walmart here in LA last weekend so I picked one up.

They had not had any in stock for a long time so I figured they were the Rev.C's.

I opened it up after I got home only to find out they were Rev.B's :(

A few FB2's popped up on the shelf at the local Walmart here in LA last weekend so I picked one up.

They had not had any in stock for a long time so I figured they were the Rev.C's.

I opened it up after I got home only to find out they were Rev.B's :(

Actually its still probably a Rev. C. The Rev A's and many of the B's use the much larger board shown on Curt's mod page. The last generation of the Rev. B boards use the same micro board as the Rev. C's, and in fact the pictures you have up in your Rev. B mod on your site does show the micro board in question. There is no cosmetic difference between the micro Rev. B's and Rev. C's, its only the main chip that differs between the two.

Edited by wgungfu

Wow, those got here faster than I would have expected -- and if they're in Wisconsin, there's a good chance they're on the East Coast by now, too.

I've seen FB2s in Target again lately. These wouldn't be rev. C, would they? Or are the new shipments only at Wal-Mart?

Only in Wal-Mart.

There is no cosmetic difference between the micro Rev. B's and Rev. C's, its only the main chip that differs between the two.

Is there a way to distinguish the micro rev B from the rev C board? How about differences in the games? I ask becuase I picked up 1 from Walmart for $19.97 last Saturday.

There is no cosmetic difference between the micro Rev. B's and Rev. C's, its only the main chip that differs between the two.

Is there a way to distinguish the micro rev B from the rev C board? How about differences in the games? I ask becuase I picked up 1 from Walmart for $19.97 last Saturday.

I suppose you could check if the graphic glitches are gone from Missle Command since I believe that was supposed to be fixed.

Mitch

Curt wrote:

"These are all on the micro-mini PCB boards, they have all of the contact points in the upper left corner of the board and its easier to perform the cartridge mod on them. So if you open a unit up, and see the micro PCB inside, its the Rev C's"

------

Does this not mean that the RevC board is physically different from the RevB's?

Edited by Kokovec

Curt wrote:

"These are all on the micro-mini PCB boards, they have all of the contact points in the upper left corner of the board and its easier to perform the cartridge mod on them. So if you open a unit up, and see the micro PCB inside, its the Rev C's"

------

I answered that already above.

Only in Wal-Mart.

Only Wal-Mart in the US? What about Canada?

Well, let me head down to shipping and see where they're off to......oh wait that's right, I don't work at Wal-mart! ;)

:lol: oh wait :? I'll have to try to convince an employee to test it over the phone -> "How does Missile Command look?" or more accurately "Crack it open and do a mod for me so that I can test out Cosmic Ark!" :P :D

Curt wrote:

------

I answered that already above.

I guess the only way to know if you have a Rev.C is to mod the unit.

Talk about needle in a haystack :|

If you read Curt message correcly the rev C board is different from the mini rev B board, if you board look like a mini rev b, them it's not a rev C. Since the 60000 unit have been send only a few week ago there are no chance to find rev C before august or september. Don't loose your time at wal-mart all you will got is a mini-rev B!

If you read Curt message correcly the rev C board is different from the mini rev B board, if you board look like a mini rev b, them it's not a rev C. Since the 60000 unit have been send only a few week ago there are no chance to find rev C before august or september. Don't loose your time at wal-mart all you will got is a mini-rev B!

Actually that's incorrect. Curt and I have been working together on the process, the mini rev B and the mini rev C are the exact same board. Just a Rev C chip in place of the Rev B. Kokovec is right so far, the only way at the moment to tell is to mod the system. We're working on other identifications.

Likewise, that was a good month ago they were shipped to the US and as Curt stated it should be in the coming weeks after that - which this is.

Just a Rev C chip in place of the Rev B. Kokovec is right so far, the only way at the moment to tell is to mod the system. We're working on other identifications.

So was the Missile Command TIA bug not fixed then?

Mitch

Actually that's incorrect. Curt and I have been working together on the process, the mini rev B and the mini rev C are the exact same board. Just a Rev C chip in place of the Rev B. Kokovec is right so far, the only way at the moment to tell is to mod the system. We're working on other identifications.

Likewise, that was a good month ago they were shipped to the US and as Curt stated it should be in the coming weeks after that - which this is.

Doh, ;)