IGNORED

Have an extra game center laying around?

markheus

So I was pumped - I won an auction on eBay for a "Video Game Center" - You know - one of those nifty little storage units that hold the VCS and a handful of games.... Well, I got it in the mail today and the lid was cracked. I'm not sure if I'm going to seek any redress from the seller because I didn't have it insured. Still, it kinda annoys me because the seller shipped it in the box itself - There wasn't any type of packing material around it.

Anyway - My gf said it was cracked in about 5 places but that she could probably super-glu it but I think that would look tacky - sooooooooooo anyone have an extra unbroken lid they'd let go for a few bucks?

Another quick question - Are the lids to these things pretty fragile? I was never cool enough as a kid to have one - hehe

Depends on which one you've got.

If you've got the Atari Game Center like mine or the Sears equivalent, then yes, the tops are ridiculously fragile.

I hate that, kind of, since this storage unit is one of the few cases where the Atari version is less common than the Sears.

Mine's the one that has the VCS on top and the games underneath. You'd think it was useless since I have only a 7800, but it's quite handy actually for storing loose games.

EDIT: How on Earth did I wind up in the marketplace!?

Edited by shadow460

Yeah, definately fragile. I had one....was a knock off of the Atari brand as I could barely afford 20 thread count Star Wars sheets. Not sure what happened to it. Come to think of it....the top was cracked. Maybe you have the one that I had. Anyhow, I'd call the seller and see if he/she will compensate for it. If they are a large seller and its a small ticket item, many times they will give you the money back. Just say that you'd like to send it back and it really becomes a hassle. So much really that most up town sellers won't want to go through the annoyance.

They really should have packed it better IMO. It's the least they can do.

Depends on which one you've got.

If you've got the Atari Game Center like mine or the Sears equivalent, then yes, the tops are ridiculously fragile.

I hate that, kind of, since this storage unit is one of the few cases where the Atari version is less common than the Sears.

Mine's the one that has the VCS on top and the games underneath. You'd think it was useless since I have only a 7800, but it's quite handy actually for storing loose games.

EDIT: How on Earth did I wind up in the marketplace!?

Yeah - I guess the topic was just moved - I guess it was a marketplace ad - sorry for the mispost....

This is one that had the game storage underneath as well - When I bought it I thought it was one of the side by side units. Here's a pic of the damage - There's also another pic of another storage unit that I got that I really like.

I guess mostly Im annoyed that they made no attempt at protecting it during transit. I'm totally cool with sellers charging a reasonable s/h fee - But I think its right to expect that the item be packed properly.[

Videostak Game Center auction

hbomb: I'm pretty sure it was cracked during the trip from Kansas to Missouri. Here's the original auction

post-9927-1153797227_thumb.jpg

post-9927-1153797269_thumb.jpg

I'd glue the corners back on and call it good. With something that old and fragile, the tops are gonna bust at some point.

The only difference between yours and mine is the logo. Where yours says "Video Game Center" mine says "Atari Game Center".

That might be the Sears version. I dont remember if my old one was like that or if it had the Sears name on it.

I'd glue the corners back on and call it good. With something that old and fragile, the tops are gonna bust at some point.

The only difference between yours and mine is the logo. Where yours says "Video Game Center" mine says "Atari Game Center".

That might be the Sears version. I dont remember if my old one was like that or if it had the Sears name on it.

Actually I don't even thik I'm gonna use it at all. THe console fits perfectly in my entertainment center and I've got a spare cubby next to it for all the paddles and such.

So if anyone wants this for a couple games lemme know...