IGNORED

WWT AMD 2400+ 2ghz for Colecovision System

Paranoid

I've got a generic DIY AMD 2400+ 2ghz system, 256mb RAM, 35gb hard drive, AGP GeForce 2 MX 400 dual headed graphics card, CD-ROM, CDRW drive, floppy, built in Ethernet, USB. SOLD

I'll trade it for a clean Colecovision and a well rounded library of carts or a multicart.

Depending on what you have, I might expect you to pick up shipping both for the PC and the Colecovision. If it looks like an even trade (which is going to be a big collection, or have a lot of accessories, or include a multicart or be in VERY pristine condition including boxes and manuals), we can each pay shipping for our items.

PM me if you're interested. I have good feedback on ebay and with the couple of trades I've done here.

The PC is built from new and used parts. It is a nused system. I'll give you a 30 seconds or 30 feet warranty and a DOA guarantee.

I'd also consider trades for other retro console systems, parts, carts, etc, or include these as part of a trade with a Colecovision, so, offer up what you want to if you're interested. My wants include 5200 trackball or 2600 adaptor, 5200 consoles and sticks (Wico or Masterplay?) Intellivision... 7800 consoles...

And I like fair trades. I'm not trying to rob you. I figure this system has a resale value of between $100-$150... just to have that out on the table.

No monitor, no keyboard, no mouse. But, those things are negotiable. I can customize the system... probably some extra RAM around here... internal zip drives, you know... just ask...

Edited by Paranoid

Reminds me of the computer I tried to trade off here recently. I hope yours sells.

Mine had a light kit, a Sempron, etc, and didn't budge. Now I'm using it to learn my way through Linux, and as a guest computer.

I'm sure I could dumpster dive a beat up Gameboy Classic as a trade. :P

Somehow, though, I think that's not a fair deal...

Oh yeah, do I want to ask what a 30 second or 30 feet warranty is? It's not something that applies strictly to Windoze boxes, is it?

Edited by shadow460

Yeah. I've seen that they're going on eBay for around $150 for a system like this. I've ran an add on Craigslist, but, Craigslist buyers are super cheap. It is just a spare system built from parts.

I'm actually surprised that no one here has a Coleco and would like a spare 2ghz AGP 3d PC with a decent hard drive.

I can't speak for the others, but I have three computers as it is.

None of em is quite at 2GHz (the quickest is 1.6), but just one of them does everything I'd want.

Actually I have four computers, but one of them doesn't belong to me.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Most people are finding that a much slower system will abide them fine. I've got everything from a P3-500 up to a P4-3.4ghz with PCI-E video... and they all get used pretty much to surf, read e-mail, and do basic word processing.

I've got about 30 fully functional PCs in the house. 8 in this room, 2 upstairs (one is a MAME box), 1 in my bedroom for TIVO... (and that is a pared down number. I had about 14 at one point)... and then probably at least another 20 out in the garage. I'd certainly like to leverage a bunch of those systems into retro-game goodness...

This one is definately my "Sweetest Deal", though... so I'm absolutely dangling the carrot with this deal.

Yeah, this is really MORE than enough MAME box. I am running my cabinet on a 1.7ghz, and I considered swapping that out for this box, but decided not to bother because the 1.7 is doing the job so well and it is more trouble than it is worth to get it out from the wall so I can get back around there to do the things I'd need to do.

But, Keilbaca just really opened my eyes to something. I may have made this deal TOO sweet and scared some people away...

With that said... as I mentioned, I've got about 30 systems in the garage. They're *supposed* to be earmarked for resale and for going into MAME cabs (also for resale)... but, that seems like a lot of work...

I'd JUST as well rather trade a lot of these systems for retro-game goodness. I've got a handful of fairly powerful P3 systems, and a boatload of P2 systems between about 200 and 450 Mhz. A couple of Sparcs, and a few OLD macs.

I've been dicking around with SELLING them for awhile... but, I'd actually rather barter and TRADE for retro-game stuff.

So, let me turn this into a Want List... I'm interested in...

Atari 8 bit Computers and *stuff*... preferably a 400 or 800 (and here my preference is for an 800)... but I don't know about the later Atari PC lines between these two and the ST line. If those... the XL, XE, whatever... are 400/800 compatabile, I'd certainly be willing to trade more modern PC platforms for these...

Colecovision... STUFF...

5200... STUFF... I need a trackball... I'm interested in controllers... I'm interested in Redemption adapters or the like... Things like the joystick coupler, or the thing that snaps on and turns a joystick into a 4 way deal... whatever...

Same stuff, 2600 or 7800. I don't have a light gun...

Same stuff, Vectrex. I could use a second joystick... I could use 3-D goggles... I could use overlays...

Same stuff, Intellivision... I just have the base console and a handful of common games.

Lynx, Pocket Gear... Odysee 2... TG-16...

If you've got extra stuff lying around that you want to move out, and you're interested in adding extra PCs... for MAME, to learn Linux on, to set up a home network, to make a box for mom to e-mail from, set up a Win3k domain or a home tech support lab... Let's trade. I've talked about this before. You've got 16 Atari 8 bit computers boxed up and you need a P2-400? I'm your man! :)

Box of NIB 5200 carts? I mean... if you've got something you want to trade and you're interested in getting some "fairly" modern PC equipment, PM me, and we'll see if we can work something out. No reason for all this 32 bit Windoze Goodness to sit in my garage rotting while shelves of 8-bit retro goodness go neglected in YOUR garage.

The ONLY difficulty we'll face is inequity in shipping. If I'm going to trade you a $30 P2 CPU for a $40 Supercharger... the problem becomes that I'm going to pay a lot more on shipping than you are. So, we'll have to be creative on that end. But otherwise, if you're interested, let me know what you've got, what you're looking for, and I'll see how close I can come and we'll haggle from there.

I've also got cases, cables, drives, peripherals, switchboxes, mice, keyboards, zip drives, CD and CDRW drives, DVD-ROMs... label printers, deskjet printers... a Celeron 333 notebook... a 486 notebook, even an AT with MFM half height drive and 5.25" floppy drive. I literally have a compuer-store's worth of older PC inventory. Dell latitude power supplies... parted out notebook components...

Here is a partial list...

Toshiba CD-RW/DVD-ROM for notebook drive Model # SD-R2312

---------------------------------------------

HP CD-writer 9600 series external SCSI CD-RW (I'll thrown in an adaptec PCI card) $25

----------------------------------------------

Dell Dimension XPS T500 p3-500, 192mb RAM, 30gb Hard Drive, AGP TNT2 32mb Video, mouse, keyboard - $50

-----------------------------------------------

Cyberhome Portable DVD player CH-LDV 700b

Good LCD.

Pleather case, remote, cables. Battery dead. Won't read DVDs.

------------------------------------------------

Gateway Tb3 Performance 550 p3-550, 128mb RAM, 18gb Hard drive, AGP TNT2 32mb video, mouse, keyboard. Case is missing side covers. $40

-------------------------------------------------

Dell P2-333, 128mb RAM, 4gb Hard Drive, AGP Banshee 16mb video, mouse, keyboard. $30

AMD Athalon 2400+ 2ghz, 256mb DDR ram, 40gb hard drive, AGP Geforce2 MMX 440 Winfast DH Pro dual VGA out video, CD-ROM drive, CD-RW drive, USB, built in NIC, Antec 300 Watt Power Supply, speakers, keyboard, mouse $125

Add Deskjet Color Printer (820), add USB keyboard and mouse, Add wireless , add Zip 100 IDE , add SCSI Ultra SE card

Flatbed color Scanners, SCSI, USB, various makes

Microtek Scanmaker E3

HP Scanjet IIcx

Epson PErfection 1200s (qty 2)

Canon Canoscan lIde 20 USB

HP Scanjet 4300C USB

Microtek Scanmaker X6 el

Umax Astra 2000p -

CHEAP!

CD-drives, DVD-ROM drives, CD-RW drives, internal, external IDE, SCSI -SCSI enclosures...

Printers, Deskjet, Dot Matrix, Laser,

Switches, Routers, Hubs, Print Servers, wired, wireless... some new in box -

IO-Gear GBP201 usb bluetooth print adaptor

D-link usb bluetooth print adaptor DBT-320

Siemens Speedstream 2601 Cable/DSL router with built in firewall

Cables (IDE, SCSI, USB, Parallel, (S)VGA,), mounting brackets, cases with/without power supplies (some with motherboards/cpus, floppies), ATX power supplies, notebook SODIMMs, floppy drives, surge suppressors

--------------------------------------------------

Dymo 330 Turbo Label Writer

--------------------------------------------------

Classic Macs -

PowerMac 8500/180

PowerMac 7500/100

Macintosh IIvx

PowerMac 6100/66

Mac IIfx

Mac Plus

If you are in or around the Sacramento, California area, things can be a lot simpler. You come here and you can browse, I'll bring stuff there and we can cut out the shipping. I'd drive pretty far into the central valley, to the coast, or up into the foothills to complete a deal, although it would be better if you could show up here and see what I've got.

Edited by Paranoid

Compaq Presario 305 (subnotebook)

Celeron P2-333Mhz, 128mb RAM (upgraded), DVD-ROM drive (upgraded), 4gb Hard Drive. Docking Bay. System works fantastic. Dead battery. USB, 1 PCMCIA, 56k modem.

$75 or best offer, trade.

Edited by Paranoid

Part Number / Model: MT8VDDT1664HDG265B2

$85.00 each

(1 in stock)

Description New Micron 128MB DDR SDRAM PC266 NEW RETAIL, S1

http://www.ezsystems.com/dcat.cgi?g=MT8VDD...65B2&page=1

I have one of these SODIMMS, 128mb, for Dell notebooks. Retail is $85. Anyone looking to upgrade a newer Dell notebook, I'll make you a great trade on this.

Google it here

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&saf...5B2&spell=1

Hey... additional post...

If there is something you want here, but you don't feel like you have anything to offer, contact me anyhow and let me know what you are interested in. Maybe we can work something out. I'd rather a lot of this stuff go to a good home than go to the dump. I'm really not looking at this as a business, or I'd be posting a lot of the stuff on eBay and being more aggressive on Craigslist. Can't hurt to let me know, anyhow.

The 2400+ is gone. Traded it for a S-NES and $100. The S-Nes had no joysticks, a mismatched power supply, and no games. So, if you're interested in any of the OTHER stuff, and have SNES parts that can help me complete my collection, drop me a PM.

Other stuff is available.