IGNORED

My first arcade machine.

CPUWIZ

Sweeeet, my boss gave me an awesome arcade machine, it's still at work but it's mine. :D

It's a dual Jamma setup, with 2 boards inside, Namco Classics and Namco Arrangment. The arrangment one is super rare (KLOV doesn't even have info on the arrangment titles) and has cool games like Pac-Man Arrangment Mode. Total of 12 games I believe, Mappy, Galaga all kinds of awesome classics.

The cabinet is all black and it's one of those wicked cool ones, where you can pull the joystick assembly towards you, to open the drawer that houses the PCB's.

I'll post some pics, once I get that sucker home. :cool:

Are you sure the arrangement games are rare? I've played two different Namco arrangement arcade machines, one had Dig Dug, Pac-Man, and something else (Rally X maybe?), while the other had Galaga, Mappy, and Xevious. I didn't think either was particularly rare. Still, they're fun games (especially the Dig Dug and Galaga arrangements).

Tempest

Are you sure the arrangement games are rare? I've played two different Namco arrangement arcade machines, one had Dig Dug, Pac-Man, and something else (Rally X maybe?), while the other had Galaga, Mappy, and Xevious. I didn't think either was particularly rare. Still, they're fun games (especially the Dig Dug and Galaga arrangements).

Tempest

The board had to be flown in from Japan, when my company got it, it wasn't available for sale anywhere in the U.S.!

This one has all 6 of them and the 6 regular versions on the other board. :D

• 1 month later...

They aren't rare...I've seen Namco Collection Vol. 2 in difficult locales.

Well if they are not rare I think this is the exact machine I want for my new house. 6 classics in 1 machine sounds pretty sweet to me. Now I just gotta try and find one within driving distance that won't break my bank.

Cool, would you be willing to go take a picture of the cab for me? Is it translated?

BTW, this has 2 JAMMA boards in it, Vol. 1 and 2, total of 12 games.

CPUWIZ: Namco has both of those released in arcades in the USA. It was at Pakk-Mann in Pasadena, CA when it was open, and one of them is still at Nickel City in Northbrook, IL.

Can you tell me if it was translated? What does the cabinet look like? :) How about the marquee?

Very nice!!!

Glad to see it all up and running! I have played one of the Namco boards that way but I am fairly sure the config CPU has is an import one. KLOV does not cover all the variations sometimes on the same hardware. The 2 JAMMA sounds like the Clay kit for multijamma. Great to have w/o swapping crap and syncs.

Congrats, and you really can't beat the price!!!

C

Very nice!!!

Glad to see it all up and running! I have played one of the Namco boards that way but I am fairly sure the config CPU has is an import one. KLOV does not cover all the variations sometimes on the same hardware. The 2 JAMMA sounds like the Clay kit for multijamma. Great to have w/o swapping crap and syncs.

C

Thanks again my friend. :cool: :thumbsup:

Speaking of KLOV, this is what they say about it:

Uncommon - There are 14 known instances of this game owned by one of our 900 members. Of these, 2 of them are original dedicated machines, 3 of them are conversions in which game circuit boards have been plaed in another game cabinet, and 9 of them are only circuit boards which a collector could put into a generic case if desired.

Of the 23,646 video games (2,618 unique) tracked by the Video Game Preservation Society, this game ranks a 17 on a scale out of 100 (100 = most commonly seen, 1=least common) in popularity based on ownership records.

So I guess uncommon is the word to use.

Very nice!!!

C

Thanks again my friend. :cool: :thumbsup:

Speaking of KLOV, this is what they say about it:

Uncommon - There are 14 known instances of this game owned by one of our 900 members. Of these, 2 of them are original dedicated machines, 3 of them are conversions in which game circuit boards have been plaed in another game cabinet, and 9 of them are only circuit boards which a collector could put into a generic case if desired.

Of the 23,646 video games (2,618 unique) tracked by the Video Game Preservation Society, this game ranks a 17 on a scale out of 100 (100 = most commonly seen, 1=least common) in popularity based on ownership records.

So I guess uncommon is the word to use.

Be careful dude, these things are very addictive. I currently own close to ten and I've had about twenty total in my possesion at one time or another. As far as the KLOV rarity scale goes it's way off. They only track games owned by collectors that register their games with them so it's no guide for proper rarity. I've seen Namco volume 1 before, they actually had it at the Midwest Gaming Classic but it was in the hotel lobby and not the actual show. My book says Volume 2 was released here but I've never seen it for sale. Anyways that's a sweet set up you got man.

• 3 weeks later...