IGNORED

New Rumor: Wii- $229 - November 2?

King_Salamon

As I walked from the elevator to the office doors I sang a little song of Cartman's "in the ghetooo". LOL!

On a cold and grey chicago morning, another little baby child is born in the ghetto... in the ghettooooo, and his mamma cried...

CAUSE IF THERES ONE THING THAT SHE DONT NEEED IS ANOTHER HUNGRY MOUTH TO FEED IN THE GHETTO...

..in the ghetto

As I walked from the elevator to the office doors I sang a little song of Cartman's "in the ghetooo". LOL!

On a cold and grey chicago morning, another little baby child is born in the ghetto... in the ghettooooo, and his mamma cried...

CAUSE IF THERES ONE THING THAT SHE DONT NEEED IS ANOTHER HUNGRY MOUTH TO FEED IN THE GHETTO...

..in the ghetto

[chorus] in the ghettoooooo....

..in the ghetto

[chorus] in the ghettoooooo....

My brother in law and I (neither of us sing) did the South Park version of Come Sail Away (Eric Cartman and Chef) at KAraoke a few years ago... if they had a version of "Ghettooooo" we would likely return to the stage, one last time. LOL!

I think we could get grouppies to sing chorus! - in the ghettoooooo!

List of games thus far confirmed for launch:

* Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII

* Blitz: The League

* Call of Duty 3

* Cars

* Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2

* Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

* Elebits

* Excite Truck

* Far Cry

* GT Pro Series

* Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

* The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

* Madden NFL 07

* Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

* Metal Slug Anthology

* Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

* Monster 4x4 World Circuit

* Need for Speed: Carbon

* Open Season

* Rayman Raving Rabbids

* Red Steel

* SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab

* Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

* Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam

* Trauma Center: Second Opinion

* Wii Sports

More to come possibly...

On a related note, if anyone has loose change/dollar bills laying around that would like to help fund my game budget for the holiday season it would be greatly appreciated ;)

Games in red are the ones im either wanting to buy or interested in to see what happens with them (like farcry, GT, Call of Duty 3, or Blazing Angles). Yes, ... sponge bob,... hate the character.. like the concept.... shut up. So lets see here.. if every game is 49.99 (yes i know, wii sports will probably be cheaper, but for rough estimate sake...) that comes to $950 plus tax, .....ok make that spare 100 dollar bills, not loose change or singles...

Edited by AtariJr

On a related note, if anyone has loose change/dollar bills laying around that would like to help fund my game budget for the holiday season it would be greatly appreciated ;)

Games in red are the ones im either wanting to buy or interested in to see what happens with them (like farcry, GT, Call of Duty 3, or Blazing Angles). Yes, ... sponge bob,... hate the character.. like the concept.... shut up. So lets see here.. if every game is 49.99 (yes i know, wii sports will probably be cheaper, but for rough estimate sake...) that comes to $950 plus tax, .....ok make that spare 100 dollar bills, not loose change or singles...

Yeah those are some good games, I've played FarCry and BlazingA's.... months ago on the 360.

You could probably find them used on eBay for $30.00. Of course they wont be exactly the same as the Wii versions. They look much better on the 360. LOL

I will say this, that's quite an impressive launch list for the Wii. November is right around the corner! I'm suprised Gamestop isnt taking pre-orders yet.

Yeah those are some good games, I've played FarCry and BlazingA's.... months ago on the 360.

You could probably find them used on eBay for $30.00. Of course they wont be exactly the same as the Wii versions. They look much better on the 360. LOL

I will say this, that's quite an impressive launch list for the Wii. November is right around the corner! I'm suprised Gamestop isnt taking pre-orders yet.

Yeah, that is probably the best launch line up I've ever seen. If the publishers can pull it off! And after the 360 debacle, would you really want to pre-order a console from Game Stop?

I Asked an someone working at blockbuster when the twilight princess is coming out an he looked in the computer and its suposedly coming out on november 3rd... and since its a launch title i think thats when the wii comes out

http://wii.ign.com/articles/725/725543p1.html

dbz sounds a lot better than it did initially. 120 players, fusably players in mid battle, changing to different levels of saiyan in the middle of battle, laying waist to levels from the use of special attacks (laying a grassy plain to a volcanic mess) in levels twice as big as before. They said that you might get tired from the physical playing of the game, so they also included the ability to use a gamecube controller as well as the wiimote. very nice, looks like that will be one of the ones i have to get.

I was beginning to wonder if some of the initial games (and perhaps make it an option for all games) would include GameCube controller options. I realize this defeats the purpose of the new controller but I think this is a good safety net for some of the genres (like fighters.. SSBB is another title to use the cube controller).

Some games may be impossible to do (or extremely difficult to play) with the Cube controller but perhaps the choice could be there for the player. I wouldn't want to try Trauma Center with a cube controller though...

You can almost bet that Metroid will be delayed.

Yup... Nintendo seems to have enough 3rd party titles releasing in the launch window that they don't require Metroid's presence at launch. Seriously, with Zelda there, Metroid wouldn't get the same sales as it would if it were to release 2 months after launch. (Even if this resulted in a January release)

Perhaps Nintendo didn't expect the amount of 3rd party support that they are getting. At least for the launch. The DS must have helped Nintendo rebuild some relationships with these 3rd parties. Either that, or the new control setup have developers really excited! (Or both!)

I wouldn't say Metroid will be delayed as I think the game is likely close to complete but instead will be held back for a better release timeframe. :) Maybe they will give it a bit of an upgrade in the process (not sure what they would do but the game has more time to be tweaked and prepared)

Latest tidbit on IGN has a rumor of a price of $170... this brings the possibility of the console coming out at $199.99. $170 seems a bit on the low side but when you consider the cost of component parts being cheaper than expected etc... anything is possible.

My guess... $170 plus Wii Sports pack-in for $199.99. Hopefully that would result in a Canadian price of $229.99 or less! :)

Latest tidbit on IGN has a rumor of a price of $170... this brings the possibility of the console coming out at $199.99. $170 seems a bit on the low side but when you consider the cost of component parts being cheaper than expected etc... anything is possible.

My guess... $170 plus Wii Sports pack-in for $199.99. Hopefully that would result in a Canadian price of $229.99 or less! :)

the one day i dont chekc IGN lol. Ill have to check this out. That is even better than expected!

That's IGN for ya, again, that image is a HD image (1280 x 720p).

While obviously not a Wii image I am lookin forward to this game, and will be getting the Wii version since it'll be the only system I have that it's coming out on. I'll probably pick up a 360 next year sometime when I can get the money for it.

What I'm liking for the Wii version of Ultimate Alliance is the use of gestures to replace buttons... you will have all the super moves for your character available as opposed to mapping them to the buttons and having to leave out 1.

As for that pic... even if that was a Wii pic, that is likely from a video clip during the game and not actual gameplay. I'd like to be wrong but I have my doubts.

Hey CPUWIZ, when does your NDA expire? :)

Games in red are the ones im either wanting to buy or interested in to

You're looking forward to a sponge bob game?

yes... now i hate the little guy with a passion. But honestly, there are more game modes in that game than any other launch game *maybe besides wii sports*. Seriously, research it.. look at all the game modes, the ways to play, the levels. Even craig from ign said that hes going to suck it up and give it a go. As crazy as it sounds , it looks fun. lol.

Games in red are the ones im either wanting to buy or interested in to

You're looking forward to a sponge bob game?

yes... now i hate the little guy with a passion. But honestly, there are more game modes in that game than any other launch game *maybe besides wii sports*. Seriously, research it.. look at all the game modes, the ways to play, the levels. Even craig from ign said that hes going to suck it up and give it a go. As crazy as it sounds , it looks fun. lol.

I've seen it, and any enjoyment I would get from destroying a city is nullified times ten by it being a sponge bob game.