IGNORED

Dual Shock 3 to be backward compatible with PSX/PS2?

shadow460

Analog buttons are just a stupid Idea, it's not as easy to be variable with how hard you push a button as opposed to a lever. That's why X-Box and Game Cube went with triggers rather than analog buttons.

The Xbox does feature triggers but if I recall correctly, the face buttons on the Xbox controllers are also analog like the PS2's, right?

Analog buttons are just a stupid Idea, it's not as easy to be variable with how hard you push a button as opposed to a lever. That's why X-Box and Game Cube went with triggers rather than analog buttons.

The Xbox does feature triggers but if I recall correctly, the face buttons on the Xbox controllers are also analog like the PS2's, right?

nope

nope

Actually, they are. It's just mire imprecise than the PS2 implementation.

The Metal Gear Solid 2 port and Dead or Alive Volleyball use it, if nothing else.

I never heard that the X-Box face buttons were Analog, I thought they were digital? If there's any games that treat them as analog, that'd be interesting to see.

Now, if they ever make the stick buttons analog, you'd really be talking about a useless feature. Some of my friends complain on Halo already cause if they push the stick far enough over, their charactures will crouch, or zoom in rather than move due to being a little easy to hit the click.

I never heard that the X-Box face buttons were Analog, I thought they were digital? If there's any games that treat them as analog, that'd be interesting to see.

Like I said, DOA Volleyball and the Metal Gear Solid 2 port.

I dunno beyond that. My XBox library is fairly small.

Don't even own those 2 games, actually. But one of the MGS2 port issues was that it was harder to use the pressure-sensitivity than on the PS2 version. DOAXBV I have a friend that likes it a lot, and he was calling it out as a "never 360-xompatible" title.

Now, if they ever make the stick buttons analog, you'd really be talking about a useless feature.

Gah.

Some of my friends complain on Halo already cause if they push the stick far enough over, their charactures will crouch, or zoom in rather than move due to being a little easy to hit the click.

That was a recurring problem with Robot Alchemic Drive. Pressing in on the sticks activated secondary weapons, and I kept accidentally turning them on without meaning to do.

Probably lithium-ion.

I don't think anyone ISN'T using them, just because you can reach a given run time with a smaller and lighter battery.

Microsoft's battery packs for the Xbox 360 controller are NiMH.

I personally hate when games use the stick click as a button. Clicking the stick while you're using it to move almost never works properly (I've seen some FPS control schemes that use it as a primary fire button, which just seems ridiculous to me). I suppose it's a "free" button as far as controller real-estate goes, but if I was programming a game, I certainly wouldn't use it for anything important.

I also really don't like the idea of more than two shoulder buttons. I always have to look at the DS2 controller to remember which is L1 and which is L2. The GC's Z button and the 360's Bumpers are also awkward to hit.

--Zero