IGNORED

Help! Star Wars on ST!

Zeptari

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a game as well but can't find it to download. However, I must have it (and Star Wars) amongst the 2000 or so ST disks I have so does anyone know how I can get my PC to read an ST disk to create a disk image?

Edit:

Found the game I was looking for at Atari Archive. Chances are that you might be able to find Star Wars on there as well.

Edited by Tickled_Pink

I'm looking for a game as well but can't find it to download. However, I must have it (and Star Wars) amongst the 2000 or so ST disks I have so does anyone know how I can get my PC to read an ST disk to create a disk image?

Edit:

Found the game I was looking for at Atari Archive. Chances are that you might be able to find Star Wars on there as well.

There are a few programs out there that will do that, Floimg looks quite good although I have not used it as I does not work with USB floppy drives you can find it at...

http://www.ppest.org/atari/floimgd.php

You could also try WFDcopy it works well under XP although it will only handle 720K images and floppies so if you are trying to convert an 800K image back to floppy forget it. There is also Makedisk and a few others I can't remember.

• 1 year later...
Wow, it looks nice! Was that on some menu disk?

I don't see it on my menu disk lists, but I do have an image here and atariforce has it up as well. http://atariforce.free.fr/stga05uk.htm

Interesting game, tough with the mouse in Steem though. I'll have to try it on the real thing.

What settings are you using in steem? I can't get it to run. the opening text is all scrambled up.

-rick

What settings are you using in steem? I can't get it to run. the opening text is all scrambled up.

ST low res, TOS 1.02

The text is formatted for 80 columns (and partly in French), but as noted on the Atariforce web site you must do this to get the game to run. "To launch the game, press space twice, press 1, type ZARMI, and a number between 01 and 999."

ST low res, TOS 1.02

The text is formatted for 80 columns (and partly in French), but as noted on the Atariforce web site you must do this to get the game to run. "To launch the game, press space twice, press 1, type ZARMI, and a number between 01 and 999."

Thanks! Wow! it's really impressive! very nice little intro to boot. it does remind me of frontiers intro.

-rick

ST low res, TOS 1.02

Alternatively you can download the original game from http://christophe.bray.free.fr/informatiqu...Space%20Fighter but you will also need the protection codes that are available on the same page. :)

I think that game was released as an abandonware by its authors a couple of years ago. To be confirmed.