Wii or 360?

sega saturn x

Well what should I get?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Wii or 360?

• Wii
    • splurge buy both!

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Will I be able to play Tecmo Super Bowl against people from around the world on the Wii?

I kind of got excited last night thinking about it..

more excited than waving a controller around(which is somewhat exciting)

You're an excitable fellow aren't you? Of course looking at that Victory Storm King label makes me think about how good Victory beers are. :lust: Now that gets me excited! ;)

Definietely Wii. It was my preference anyway but recently I've had to spend a lot of time with a 360 for some stuff at work.

I found the 360 to be just "feh". Beautiful graphics but that's it. The games seem like the same thing on the first Xbox or the PS2 just prettier. It just did nothing for me after the initial WOW of the graphics. Xbox live is cool if that's your thing but it didn't do much for me. Online is never going to be as fun as just having friends over so I guess I just can't get into it. Maybe I'm biased because I have to build a ton of graphics for the shows that use the 360 so I'm cursing it because it's making me very busy at work.

I'm a fan of what I call "active" games. DC Maracas, GC Bongos, Steering Wheels for various systems, Guns, etc., pretty much any kind of alternate controller. The Wii looks like fun because it's aimed at that kind of mindset. I don't dislike regular controller games but I have more fun with the others. I might pick up a PS2 one of these days because it has a lot of alternate controller games.

haha damn kids!

I'm a fan of what I call "active" games. DC Maracas, GC Bongos, Steering Wheels for various systems, Guns, etc., pretty much any kind of alternate controller.

I've been wondering.. have you tried Guitar Heroes for the PS2? Realizing you play a real guitar and all..

And they aren't current gen graphics, go take the time to watch the new trailers released today. Rayman, Metroid Prime, Red Steel and Exitetruck especially have taken significant graphical improvement

I have and was crushingly bummed by the fact they ALL look like game cube games. Now I implore you to go watch the trailers for lost planet, gears of war, mass effect and assains creed and tell me the wii has next gen power. It doesn't pure and simple, and to be clear that is somehting I would LOVE to be wrong about.

haha damn kids!

I'm a fan of what I call "active" games. DC Maracas, GC Bongos, Steering Wheels for various systems, Guns, etc., pretty much any kind of alternate controller.

I've been wondering.. have you tried Guitar Heroes for the PS2? Realizing you play a real guitar and all..

Yeah, it's fun which is why I might pick up a PS2 one of these days. They have a drum game I don't know the name of but I want to try that too. I imagine they have a lot of gun games too but I haven't really checked into it.

I've actually been playing a lot more REAL guitar lately since there's a double secret hush hush project I'm involved with. Most of my game money has been spent on guitar crap lately as I get myself back into real playing shape.

And they aren't current gen graphics, go take the time to watch the new trailers released today. Rayman, Metroid Prime, Red Steel and Exitetruck especially have taken significant graphical improvement

I have and was crushingly bummed by the fact they ALL look like game cube games. Now I implore you to go watch the trailers for lost planet, gears of war, mass effect and assains creed and tell me the wii has next gen power. It doesn't pure and simple, and to be clear that is somehting I would LOVE to be wrong about.

I have - the only of those that I can say blew me away is Assassin's Creed - it looks spectacular and as a huge fan of the 3d Prince of Persia games this last round, I want to play it bad. The interaction with the crowds and the fine detail in the high def shots is simply spectacular.

Mass Effect isn't my thing quite simply. Yes, it looks nice, but not anything that sells me on the console as leaps and bounds above the current Xbox. Lost Planet I don't know much about, but it looks nice enoough. Gears of War, despite all the hype, looks great, but looks like absolutely nothing new in terms of gameplay. The game looks like Kill.Switch with a prettier shell, the mechanics seem identical.

I really feel that on a standard defination TV that it's going to be a minimal difference. The Wii hardware has more than enough juice to do amazing things in a 640x480 resolution. At higher res - yes the 360 is hands down the winner, but the Wii will hold its own for those of us with older TVs.

Yes, it looks nice, but not anything that sells me on the console as leaps and bounds above the current Xbox

LOL that's a good one, if you think that level of world interaction was availible on the x box I want to know what games you were playing cause I really missed out.

but the Wii will hold its own for those of us with older TVs.

I have a SDTV and no the wii still doesn't cut it graphically for 250$.

Edited by sega saturn x

Chances are most 360 releases these years were originally in development for the xbox and then re-done to be playable on the 360. Once newer titles start coming out I would not be surprised to start seeing them at $60.

I've been too busy enjoying the low prices on xbox titles as stores try to clear them out. Personally I think MS should have held onto the xbox a little longer. Once the xbox stock is cleared out your gonna have the following..

Gamecube, GBA, DS.

Sony PS3, PS2, PSP.

MS 360...

Obviously Microsoft's shelf space is gonna decrease.

I voted for both. Having them both gives you the best of both worlds... you can get all the fun, casual games with nifty new control schemes for the Wii, and you can get all the traditional-type games with fancy graphics for the 360. The only thing you're locked out of is the PS3 exclusives, which might not be a whole lot of games, considering Sony's PR.

--Zero

Regardless of the system you get, you will be playing more of the same. With the Wii, the interaction will be a bit different, which I find refreshing.

I like Nintendo's interest in getting into the mainstream market. I'm growing tired of learning too much to play a game. I like my games easy to learn as I don't wanna spend my free time working at a game. I guess I'm too old school and maybe as a gamer I've seen it all so to speak. The Wii is likely my last console and I hope it provides me with as much entertainment as the DS has.

I think I'll have to revert back to the oldies... I love 2d gaming. :)

Regardless of the system you get, you will be playing more of the same. With the Wii, the interaction will be a bit different, which I find refreshing.

You'll be playing the same shit nintendo pushed on the cube on the wii only now you have to jump around to play them. The only wii games I think look interesting are ones you wont find nintendos brands on.

You'll be playing the same shit nintendo pushed on the cube on the wii only now you have to jump around to play them. The only wii games I think look interesting are ones you wont find nintendos brands on.

I'm running around here like crazy trying to point out how neglected the Cube is right now, and here you are saying it had "shit" on it. It has nothing else coming out for it, but that doesn't make the old stuff shit. Give the poor little thing a break, even its parents don't like it anymore.

I'm running around here like crazy trying to point out how neglected the Cube is right now, and here you are saying it had "shit" on it. It has nothing else coming out for it, but that doesn't make the old stuff shit. Give the poor little thing a break, even its parents don't like it anymore.

:lol: I loved the cube and it's library, but I've gotten in the habit of using shit as a superlative for just about everything. What I'm saying is nintendo goes on and on about how this will change gaming but then go around and make a whole bunch of sequels, thanks guys.

I've gotten in the habit of using shit as a superlative for just about everything.

Yeah, we've noticed that. It makes you appear to have a very limited vocabulary.

fucking sold!
God damn it nintendo
It isn't anything like diablo that's for damn sure.
Let ME buy the games I want don't force shit on me like wii sports.

Like I said though I have a history of going ape shit for anything sci-fi especially star wars looking stuff like this.

This one is my favorite.
Where the hell do you live? I've seen sealed SF2s go for ten for christ sake.

Ahh.. ok.. to use your terminology... it may be the same shit but I look forward to 'jumping around' to play them. I didn't hate anything that was released on the cube (well Charlies Angels really was terrible) so if the games are similar, I'm ok with it.

Non-nintendo branded titles will be interesting too... there are bound to be a few gems by third parties and I hope there are alot of 3rd party titles that sell the Wii. Nintendo needs the 3rd party support.