IGNORED

Has a Gamecube ever froze when you were playing?

My buddy Kelly got his GC about 3 weeks ago, but we played it tonight for a good 4 hours at least and didn't have any problems. I know the warranty thing is kinda crappy that he got (only 30 days) and yea, it's new! something to do with EB I guess, dunno. He had to pay 40 extra if he wanted a full year warranty. But, the system seems flawless!

Never really had a problem with the PS2 freezing up either. NFL BLITZ 2001 on the Dreamcast however, man, I played that damn game for a good hour and was 1 touchdown away from winning! Well, right when I made that touchdown, the damn thing froze oh well, I'll live

Clint

Rogue Leader is known for causing the GameCube to freeze, so I'm not surprised to hear anyone say that. I doubt this has anything to do with the GC hardware, just sounds like a buggy game. Probably rushed out the door to make it in time for the GC launch.

..Al

Depends on when you bought it. If you got it right around the release time then you may have a buggy system (as are many when they are first released, not everything can be caught in playtesting). Just return it and get a new one.

This happened to a friend of mine with the Dreamcast and Gamecube and PS2. He's really big about getting things on release day and usually ends up paying for it.

yeah, I froze my GC once in Rogue Leader - on the Hoth level. Oddly enough, my brother did the same with a UK Gamecube, so the (admittedly tiny) bug wan't corrected for the PAL release.

I think you have to accept that with a launch game. Incidentally, I was talking to a mate who works in a Games store today, both he and I have crashed Xbox playposts, and it's because of the big light on the playpost top, apparently it interferes with the system! wierd.

Sinead O'Connor would blame the pope.

Rik Mayall would blame Thatcher.

Arabs would be pointing fingers at each other.

An undead Richard Nixon would claim that he's got a solution, but it's secret.

[ 05-16-2002: Message edited by: Nukey Shay ]

i have got a wavrace copy and it freezes EVERY time you play it...it does not matter which course, game mode, training whatever...

this makes me angry and nervous... because NOW i don't k´now if it is my gamecube or WaveRace... right now it is complety useless...and it is a Nintendo Game!!!

hve

good grief, take that copy of waverace back! the disc is obviously wasted.

Also, everyone else, a minor point, just make sure that the GC has enough room to 'breathe' around its fan intake - if it hasn't the fan won't do much good and it WILL crash, same with PS2 and Xbox as well.

The hardware doesn't feel cheap at all, apart from the one lock-up in a LOT of hours played in RL (which is the game,not the system) it looks a stocky, tightly put together little unit - the R2-D2 of the console world, really

I have not had it happen to my PS2 but I do remember one time with one of my consoles where a game froze up. I think it was with my Genesis and a Double Dragon type game ( I don't remember which one it was but the game had a similar play style to Double Dragon).