IGNORED

7800 Missing in Action

jpfalcon2003

Just to push this up, Joe (at DP) is offering to sell the prototype for $5000 if anyone is interested. Guess he may have spotted this topic :P

Figured I'd mention it anyhow... now all we need is Wonder007 to unleash his wallet again ;)

(the money btw will go into funding CGE next year as it's going to be back in Vegas apparently, so I imagine transporting stuff in storage from Cali ain't gonna be cheap)

Hi Mayhem

were can i find Joes offer?

greetings Walter

Haha, hold a drive for 7800 fans to donate money together to buy it and have it dumped ;p

Hi Ubersaurus

maybe a good idea.5000 dollars is a lot of money for one single person.

greetings gambler172

But you could get at least some of your money back if you sell boxed copies of the game for $100 each. I know I would pay $100 for MIA on a cart. Hell you can hold me to that to.

Well, if everyone paid at a minimum, 20 bucks, it'd take 250 people to get 5k.

Certainly not easy, but doable. I'd put in 20 bucks if such a fund was started up.

I mentioned making a donations fund before and I think it would be a perfect idea. I think 250 people would be a strech but I'm sure would get enough people to make up $5k though. $100 bucks a crack is only 50 people for example. I'm pretty sure there are 50 7800 collectors that would pay out $100 to get this game. Well it would be more like $125 by the time you get a board made an EPROM and someone to dump and burn. Then hold a raffle of all the people that went in on paying for the cart and the raffle winner gets the proto. I think that would be awesome. I'll buy a ticket, anyone else? I know Gambler172 will cause he is a 7800 addict (sorry Walter but its true you got the bug worse than I do :lol:) .

In all seriousness is there anyone lese that is willing and ready to cough up cash to get this ball rolling?

A fine idea, a raffle.

I'd say al or tempest would be good choices for people to have cash wired to, since everyone knows them and are reasonably trustworthy with a large sum of money like that :P

I'd be cool with Shawns idea if either of these guys were in charge of the money!

but it is understandable that it could be a nightmare with so many hands involved!

I talked to Joe today about buying it. He said that the game crashed after while. He forgot at what point. I told him I didn't want to spend $5000 on an unfinished game and he said he respected that decision.

He also said not to go into too many specifics about the game on message boards because he couldn’t remember a lot about the game because it has been forever since he messed with it. So I won't.

But since it is not complete I will not buy it to make more games for our community. Somebody else may want to, but I'm not gonna pony up the dough on an unfinished game.

Cousin Vinnie

I know that's a hard choice to make, Vinnie, but you gotta go with your heart. Some people might lose respect for you over this, but if you didn't feel right about buying it in the first place, then you made the right choice.

I'm not in a position to help much with finances, but for something like this, I might just toss in a couple bucks (can't afford much more) and call it a donation. I might never see MIA at all, but it's still a worthy cause.

I talked to Joe today about buying it. He said that the game crashed after while. He forgot at what point. I told him I didn't want to spend $5000 on an unfinished game and he said he respected that decision.

He also said not to go into too many specifics about the game on message boards because he couldn’t remember a lot about the game because it has been forever since he messed with it. So I won't.

But since it is not complete I will not buy it to make more games for our community. Somebody else may want to, but I'm not gonna pony up the dough on an unfinished game.

Cousin Vinnie

I don't blame you honestly. Without knowing in detail what does and does not work in the proto I wouldn't spend 5K on it either. Now that he mentions it, I think it did crash once while I was playing it but I always thought that was because we bumped the board. Who knows?

Tempest

Cousin Vinnie

I don't blame you honestly. Without knowing in detail what does and does not work in the proto I wouldn't spend 5K on it either. Now that he mentions it, I think it did crash once while I was playing it but I always thought that was because we bumped the board. Who knows?

Tempest

Could be the board is starting to get flaky or a bug in the game. Either way both options are elementry ones IMO. If I had $5k right now I would buy it.

If someone from this community buys MIA, who in the community would finish the game then? I am sure people don't want to buy a unfinished game.

I think it will cost money to finish the game like songbird did to finish total carnage for getting rights and getting the okay for it. If this game gets completed, would Albert allow copies of MIA to be sold in the atariage store?

I am not buying it either, and I don't have that money on me. The game is incomplete, and it isn't worth that much even if I have the money.

Yea, I remember it crashing. It difinetly was not complete.

Allan

Hmm... Maybe you remember more than I do. What makes you say it wasn't complete?

Tempest

It just seemed to have a lot of graphic gliches from what I remember. I also recall Albert filming some of it with his digital camera. I wonder if he still has the video clips.

Allan

If someone from this community buys MIA, who in the community would finish the game then? I am sure people don't want to buy a unfinished game.

I think it will cost money to finish the game like songbird did to finish total carnage for getting rights and getting the okay for it. If this game gets completed, would Albert allow copies of MIA to be sold in the atariage store?

I am not buying it either, and I don't have that money on me. The game is incomplete, and it isn't worth that much even if I have the money.

Only thing about that is that Total Carnage was not based on a movie starring a well-known actor like Chuck Norris, and MIA is. I would imagine that acquiring the rights to finish the game, and eventually sell it, would require quite a bit of legal hoop-jumping.

Edited by rockman_x_2002

Only thing about that is that Total Carnage was not based on a movie starring a well-known actor like Chuck Norris, and MIA is. I would imagine that acquiring the rights to finish the game, and eventually sell it, would require quite a bit of legal hoop-jumping.

No kidding about legal hoop-jumping. I orginally typed that MIA needed Chuck Norris's okay and the rights to the games for it to be released before decided delate that part before adding my post.

I did know that MIA was a movie and Total Carnage was an arcade game. I mentioned total Carnage due to the fact it took angreement with midway for songbird for the game to be released, and I am sure there had to be money involved. Im MIA, there would have to be money involved from a legal stand point for the agreement. I did expect a whole of money for it to happen, and I expected the game would need to be altered as a result.

To hell with the legalities, Just keep it as private as possible and sell the carts in the community threw the "I know a guy that knows a guy that can get MIA carts" program.

EDIT: Even better would be to ask Chuck Norris if it's OK with him. He wouldn't be *that* hard to get ahold of I would think.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Haha, hold a drive for 7800 fans to donate money together to buy it and have it dumped ;p

Hi Ubersaurus

maybe a good idea.5000 dollars is a lot of money for one single person.

greetings gambler172

But you could get at least some of your money back if you sell boxed copies of the game for $100 each. I know I would pay $100 for MIA on a cart. Hell you can hold me to that to.

I'd pay $100.00 for a boxed copy also.

Jeff