IGNORED

7800 Missing in Action

jpfalcon2003

Again, I would invest in this project the full amount, I would just like the str8 info. I mean, the man who owns it says its glitches and not complete. In fact he said he KNEW it wasnt complete. My heart wants to believe John Hardie, my wallet wants to believe Joe.

Is it possible Joe at DP doesnt know what he has?

CV

Thought John was the one who owned it...

:-o it's complete!! OMFG!! I need this game!! Not want, NEED!! Now where the hell do I get $5k from? Doubt I can :x

There's no way that game was complete. It was close but it definetly had some graphic glitches.

Allan

Say it ain't so, Joe. I got really excited when it was stated the game was 100% complete. We need you to sit down and play the game for a couple hours. Then let us know. You never know when someone here may have nothing better to do than buy and release prototypes. (someone, please please please.)

Legalwise, we should not have a problem with the name. If we have to change it, why not "MIA". The movie is called "Missing in Action." If there are still name problems why not "MIA/POW"?

Missing In Action is the title and so it should be. I would really like to get a fund going to buy this cart. I have some money to start it off, anyone else in to start this build up to $5k?

Hi Shawn

i would pay some money in a fund too.So let me know.If Bruce can dump it,we should try to buy it.I would invest 200 bucks. :)

greetings Walter

:-o it's complete!! OMFG!! I need this game!! Not want, NEED!! Now where the hell do I get $5k from? Doubt I can :x

There's no way that game was complete. It was close but it definetly had some graphic glitches.

Allan

Say it ain't so, Joe. I got really excited when it was stated the game was 100% complete. We need you to sit down and play the game for a couple hours. Then let us know. You never know when someone here may have nothing better to do than buy and release prototypes. (someone, please please please.)

Legalwise, we should not have a problem with the name. If we have to change it, why not "MIA". The movie is called "Missing in Action." If there are still name problems why not "MIA/POW"?

Missing In Action is the title and so it should be. I would really like to get a fund going to buy this cart. I have some money to start it off, anyone else in to start this build up to $5k?

Hi Shawn

i would pay some money in a fund too.So let me know.If Bruce can dump it,we should try to buy it.I would invest 200 bucks. :)

greetings Walter

I think I could invest $200 also. So there is $400 just between Walter and I. Anyone else wanna invest with a large sum also? Or any sum of money for that matter?

If this is the best they could do with a side scrolling beat 'em up, maybe MIA is better left missing.

That's a horrible example of Double Dragon.

It looks better than that!

If you or someone else wants to take some new screenshots, I'd be glad to replace the ones up on that page (which were taken some time ago).

..Al

Allan

Hi Shawn

greetings Walter

I think I could invest $200 also. So there is $400 just between Walter and I. Anyone else wanna invest with a large sum also? Or any sum of money for that matter?

I'll but in my $200. If we get close to the price maybe some more.

Allan

Hi Shawn

greetings Walter

I can't donate a large sum, but I can donate some moneys, if someone can point me where to do so.

If this is the best they could do with a side scrolling beat 'em up, maybe MIA is better left missing.

That's a horrible example of Double Dragon.

It looks better than that!

Well, you tend to get horrible screenshots from horrible games. Perhaps there's a Nintendo forum out there somewhere with good looking screenshots of the NES port. :ponder:

I've got a TV capture card in this computer. Perhaps I can grab some screenshots for the database. huh...that didn't work out quite right... I guess it won't take still screen shots, then.

I don't have a lot of money, but I can commit some. If someone's interested in collecting the funds, I need to know who that is and I'll send 'em what I can.

Edited by shadow460

Well, you tend to get horrible screenshots from horrible games. Perhaps there's a Nintendo forum out there somewhere with good looking screenshots of the NES port. :ponder:

I've got a TV capture card in this computer. Perhaps I can grab some screenshots for the database. huh...that didn't work out quite right... I guess it won't take still screen shots, then.

I don't have a lot of money, but I can commit some. If someone's interested in collecting the funds, I need to know who that is and I'll send 'em what I can.

Well, those screenshots came straight out of an emulator, so unless there is something "off" about the emulation of Double Dragon, they should be fairly representative of the game. That's not to say that better shots couldn't be taken, but I doubt they get much better than what's in the database.

..Al

I think you're right, Al. Those are decent shots. I wanted to get the Volkswagen picture in one of them, but Windows is not able to do screen captures correctly when the TV tuner is running.

Besides, the picture was pretty dark. A freind of mine had this same problem with his computer and a different game system.

Anyway, I don't wanna go too far off topic. Chuck Norris might be watching.

Edited by shadow460

Well, those screenshots came straight out of an emulator, so unless there is something "off" about the emulation of Double Dragon, they should be fairly representative of the game. That's not to say that better shots couldn't be taken, but I doubt they get much better than what's in the database.

..Al

The colors are what's really wrong with the photo in question-the emulator at the time of the taking didn't have the colors right for most 7800 games.

The colors are what's really wrong with the photo in question-the emulator at the time of the taking didn't have the colors right for most 7800 games.

Sounds like I'll have to go back and retake some Atari 7800 screenshots--most of those were taken in early 2001 before AtariAge was launched. I wonder how many of them may be inaccurate (hopefully not too many)..

..Al

I like Joe, and I like CGE and want it to have money, but holy hell I hope no one buys this for $5k and ups the ante on unreleased games. Prices are retarded as it is, I really don't need someone pointing to some stupid chuck norris game and saying "well THAT one sold for $5,000, so mine is worth that much too!"

Sounds like I'll have to go back and retake some Atari 7800 screenshots--most of those were taken in early 2001 before AtariAge was launched. I wonder how many of them may be inaccurate (hopefully not too many)..

..Al

Al,

If you take the screenshots in MESS they will still look the same. The color palette has not changed in MESS for the Atari 7800 since it was added as a playable supported system.

If you want colors that come closer to what an actual Atari 7800 produces, you could try what I did. Use the Prosystem emulator. First load a rom, then import a palette, and finally take the screenshot. The Prosystem emulator supports external palettes with the catch that it resorts back to the internal palette (Which appears to be the same as MESS), once a rom is loaded. Hence, the instructions to load a rom first, then import the palette.

The palette I use is the one taking from Stella. A much closer representation of what the Atari 7800 displays in terms of hues/tints. I'm attaching it to this post.

-Trebor

new_stella_NTSC.zip

The palette I use is the one taking from Stella. A much closer representation of what the Atari 7800 displays in terms of hues/tints. I'm attaching it to this post.

Cool. Finally I can get rid of the purple girl from my 7800 Xenophobe review! Thanks!

Yes, this:

post-18-1161537028_thumb.png

Does look a *heck* of a lot better.

I wish I had the talents and understanding to incorporate this palette into MESS. :(

-Trebor

Xenophobe.bmp

Edited by Trebor

I think you're right, Al. Those are decent shots. I wanted to get the Volkswagen picture in one of them, but Windows is not able to do screen captures correctly when the TV tuner is running.

Besides, the picture was pretty dark. A freind of mine had this same problem with his computer and a different game system.

Anyway, I don't wanna go too far off topic. Chuck Norris might be watching.

Do you use VirtualDub? You should be able to export any frame from a captured video as a .BMP file. Other editing programs might have a similar feature.

I've noticed that I also get a dark picture when I hook game systems up to my capture card, unless I use an S-Video connection. It seems to make a world of difference when viewing on a computer monitor. Unfortunately that's not an option with the 7800.

So are the DP forums back up? I had a question for Joe the other day and after reading this thread I have 2-3 more, but the boards were "down for maintenance." I'm wondering how serious he is about $5K - it would be impossible to make an investment back on repros at that price but if it was negotiable then anything's possible at a more reasonable amount.

So are the DP forums back up? I had a question for Joe the other day and after reading this thread I have 2-3 more, but the boards were "down for maintenance." I'm wondering how serious he is about $5K - it would be impossible to make an investment back on repros at that price but if it was negotiable then anything's possible at a more reasonable amount.

Releasing carts of the game would be the goal. At least in my view of what should be done with this cart. I want everyone that wants to play MIA to be able to for a reasonable price.