IGNORED

Atari Football Trackball Sensor Question

tenoch

Does anybody know where I can get new Trackball Sensors for my Atari Football X's and O's games? It's one of the last parts I need to get it to work correctly.

When I roll the ball forward the X or O moves backwards :sad:

It sucks :x

Does anybody make these new or do I have to get them from an older game?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

As far as I know there is no aftermarket sensors for this game, but Cassidy would be the guy to ask, he is very helpfull, I'll keep my eyes open for you for anything used though. :)

I bought a Double Dribble last year and the guy had an Atari Football in his garage with a blown monitor, if I can remember how to get a hold of him I'll ask if he would part it out.

Edited by Crazy Climber

As far as I know there is no aftermarket sensors for this game, but Cassidy would be the guy to ask, he is very helpfull, I'll keep my eyes open for you for anything used though. :)

I bought a Double Dribble last year and the guy had an Atari Football in his garage with a blown monitor, if I can remember how to get a hold of him I'll ask if he would part it out.

That would be great :)

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

Too bad that they don't make them new.

Thanks

-h.

Its the same sensor as the early steering wheel games I am sure. If it is rolling backwards though I don't think its the sensor. Sounds more like a chip on the board somewhere that translates the signal into motion. If the sensor was bad, you would not have a field break and you'd have no motion as the wheel passes through the eye.

If you find a schematic on the net of the logic flow you should be able to see where to start. There are MANY better qualified folks than me to go to the exact chip level on this one...

Thanks for the prop, CC :)

C