IGNORED

sounds as if the 7800 mia proto could be for for sale

diggs130

Just to push this up, Joe (at DP) is offering to sell the prototype for $5000 if anyone is interested. Guess he may have spotted this topic :P

Figured I'd mention it anyhow... now all we need is Wonder007 to unleash his wallet again ;)

(the money btw will go into funding CGE next year as it's going to be back in Vegas apparently, so I imagine transporting stuff in storage from Cali ain't gonna be cheap)

copied from Dp

We're moving Classic Gaming Expo (CGE) to Las Vegas - it's expensive. We could really use some relief to cover the costs of two trucks loaded with museum pieces and arcade machines from the northern CA area to Las Vegas.

So here's the proposition. We have this game that everyone seems to want but is a lot of work to get out to the public. It's called "Missing in Action" for the Atari 7800. We'll send along the original prototype cartridge, no strings attached (ie we're not going to release the game or distribute the ROM) and will even sign something to that effect if you require it.

$5000.

Interested? Email me.

OK, I proposed this a couple years ago and I will now agian. Anyone want to get in on a fund to get this game into the publics hands? Donations into a paypal account could get $5k together pretty quick and then we send this cart to an expert (I nominate jedi master CPUWIZ) and get the funky little monster onto some carts.

What is it with prototypes going for $5000 lately? I should dig out a few of my one of a kinds and sell them for that price... :)

Well at least theres a chance that MIA will see the light of day.

Tempest

I think this is one of those cases were you ask for a crazy amount for something just to get people off your back. 'You really want it? Than give me ten times what it's worth!!'.

Allan

Just to push this up, Joe (at DP) is offering to sell the prototype for $5000 if anyone is interested. Guess he may have spotted this topic :P

Figured I'd mention it anyhow... now all we need is Wonder007 to unleash his wallet again ;)

(the money btw will go into funding CGE next year as it's going to be back in Vegas apparently, so I imagine transporting stuff in storage from Cali ain't gonna be cheap)

copied from Dp

We're moving Classic Gaming Expo (CGE) to Las Vegas - it's expensive. We could really use some relief to cover the costs of two trucks loaded with museum pieces and arcade machines from the northern CA area to Las Vegas.

So here's the proposition. We have this game that everyone seems to want but is a lot of work to get out to the public. It's called "Missing in Action" for the Atari 7800. We'll send along the original prototype cartridge, no strings attached (ie we're not going to release the game or distribute the ROM) and will even sign something to that effect if you require it.

$5000.

Interested? Email me.

Fascinating....but I only collect Atari 2600 NTSC protos.

Edited by Wonder007

I'd consider buying it, I just don't know how to dump it. If I buy it will someone produce it?

Cousin Vinnie

hope someone steps up and helps out so this baby can see the light of day!

Im all for buying one if and when it does get released.

You go Vinnie :D

How about a bunch of us drive up to N. CA with minivans and move them ourselves, in exchange for the cartridge?

If I was allowed in the USA I would help, but alas I am not allowed in the USA :(

whys that?

Duh, he is Canadian! :twisted:

How about a bunch of us drive up to N. CA with minivans and move them ourselves, in exchange for the cartridge?

If I was allowed in the USA I would help, but alas I am not allowed in the USA :(

whys that?

Ya, I'll go with that excuse I guess cause saying you have had your passport revoked 7 years ago for a peroid of 10 years and require a "pardon" to get it back cause you got convicted of trafficing narcotics a few times doesn't sound too good to some people even if your now an advicate agenst all illegal drugs of any sort. :ponder:

Edited by Shawn Sr.

whys that?

Ya, I'll go with that excuse I guess cause saying you have had your passport revoked 7 years ago for a peroid of 10 years and require a "pardon" to get it back cause you got convicted of trafficing narcotics a few times doesn't sound too good to some people even if your now an advicate agenst all illegal drugs of any sort. :ponder:

Drop the sass,Canadian!

:P

Hmm, now I know why those repros seemed a little heavy and smelled funny!

:P :lol:

Hmm, now I know why those repros seemed a little heavy and smelled funny!

:P :lol:

:lol: Ya but for the last 6 years I have been totally agenst drug use and I think it was not a "learning experience" as some might put it, I just think it was plain old stupid and I'm lucky I didn't totally ruin my brain or worse die from the garbage.

Anyhow back to regular scheduled programing:

MIA, so the funk is gonna buy it or who's all intrested in pony'n up some dough into a cash pool so we can get this damn thing and dump it?

Come to think of it, this cartridge you made me is a little heavy...

*scary music plays*

I wonder what's inside... :ponder:

Do you think it's possible to get enough people to contribute even $5 a person to acquire this proto?

I'd be willing to chip in one yuppie food stamp (i.e., $20).

Do you think it's possible to get enough people to contribute even $5 a person to acquire this proto?

I don't think at $5 bucks a shot it would get done very fast or very orginized. It think my idea of larger contrabutions with a raffle would work. Or hell just have it so you only get a raffle ticket if your donation is above "X" amount of dollars then your and my idea would both work. So those that just want to chip in can, and those that want to chip in BIG get a chance at owning the real proto at the end of it all. Say 1 raffle ticket for each "X" dollars (like $20-$25ish or something). But we would have to work something out with Joe before hand to insure we would be the buyer of the proto cause it would suck to raise 5 grand only to have the game sold to someone else.

Edited by Shawn Sr.