IGNORED

Will The Wii be underwhelming?

lance_miller

c) Microsofts. They will have the only next gen system on store shelves for the holiday season :thumbsup:

Because the other two will be completely sold out? That's a major victory to be sure.

What other 2? :?

There is only one more next gen system to be released, the PS3. That why I said MS will have the only next gen system for the holidays to sell.

Yes the PS3 will be sold out and in short supply, but that's a plus for MS.

Maybe he's including the Game Cube.....I mean, Wii as the second next gen console? :P Yeah, but slapping a motion detector in a controller has been done on every console from the SNES on, as far as I know, and failed miserably on all (of course, not having games writtten spacifically for it helped kiil it)

Here's to the Wii, the first console that will have motion tracking built into the first party controllers, lets hope it's good.

I'm just observing what Atari Age seems to think is a failed launch and a successful launch.

You know, the PS3 WILL sell all 400K of it's initial units in a day. I don't think anyone seriously doubts that.

Incidentally, the Nintendo DS had 400K units available for its US launch and those took weeks to sell out.

Selling 400K of a $600 console is a failure for Sony.

Selling 400K of a $150 console is a wild success story for Nintendo.

It's also kind of interesting how everyone says the PSP failed at launch even though it sold comparably or more than the XBox 360 did during it's launch. The only difference is that double the number of PSPs were produced in a month for the US compared to half that over three months for the XBox 360.

I'm just observing what Atari Age fanboys seems to think is a failed launch and a successful launch.

You know, the PS3 WILL sell all 400K of it's initial units in a day. I don't think anyone seriously doubts that.

Incidentally, the Nintendo DS had 400K units available for its US launch and those took weeks to sell out.

It's also kind of interesting how everyone says the PSP failed at launch even though it sold comparably or more than the XBox 360 did during it's launch. The only difference is that double the number of PSPs were produced in a month for the US compared to half that over three months for the XBox 360.

Fixed!

Gears of war>LoZ:TTP , but that's just my opinion.

Graphics = Yes

Gameplay = No

You have gotten to play GoW? Can you tell us anything about it or are there legal issues?

It doesn't have the same depth of gameplay as Zelda, not even close.

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong!

Did you get to test out the multiplayer? That seems to be where most of the buzz from the game is from.

Nope, and multiplayer doesn't interest me much. One thing I can say, the graphics are frigging awesome and the gore is intense, something you shouldn't play. LOL

Did you get to test out the multiplayer? That seems to be where most of the buzz from the game is from.

Nope, and multiplayer doesn't interest me much. One thing I can say, the graphics are frigging awesome and the gore is intense, something you shouldn't play. LOL

Well regardless I'm still looking forward to it, I might not spend the full 60$ though. Hope this isn't the 360s brute force.

Nothing against GoW personally but it's another shooter on a system filled with shooters. It does look nice but I have the feeling it's going to be one of those flavor of the month games that'll be forgotten about 3 months after its released.

On the other hand having Zelda as a launch title is huge and given the pedigree of the Zelda games it's almost guarenteed to be a great game.

I'm just observing what Atari Age seems to think is a failed launch and a successful launch.

idk.. our store and others around us were never in any danger of selling out (or for that matter selling) the psp at luanch. you have to remember, the 360 would have sold more most likely if there were more systems out. also, the psp and ds were handhelds, which dont get as much of a rush as consoles do at luanch. as far as the sales figures, the DS took some time to warm up to the public, it was an odd little device that people didnt know if it would catch on or not at first. i can bet you though that the wii will sell out much faster than that though as 1. its a console and 2. the DS proved against what most people thought, and became hugely successful 3. the DS helped get the public used to odd imput deviced gaming consoles. and if today's line outside the mall for a preorder for the system was a sign of how soon it will sell out, im boned for getting one this holiday -_-

Edited by AtariJr

Does anyone really think the wii won't sell well at launch? Maybe even sell out? Nintendo has always been able to sell out systems at launch, even the GC sold out IIRC. It's over the long haul where they have had problems for the past 10 years.

I heard there were 7 million Wiis to be launched into market. That's a hell of a lot of Wii's. I doubt they will sell out.

Oh, I came up with a funny joke!: "PS3? No thanks! I don't want to get crabs on my Wii!"

Eh? Eh?

Just curious as Nintendo's last two systems were not huge successes. Sure its a newbie question but do you think the Wii will last or be an "also ran".

I certainly hope it will flop hard.

Why would you want any system to flop? I'd rather have more good games, no matter where they are from.

I am guessing from reading most of the post on this board he is just trying to counter all the anti-sony post. Or just reacting to Jess's post. Who is a negtive nelly on sony 100% of the time.

slapping a motion detector in a controller has been done on every console from the SNES on, as far as I know, and failed miserably on all

I think Wario Ware Twisted did very well did it not? :P

So did Kirby Tilt n Tumble for the GBC....Notice there were NO games to use the tilt censor after either of those two games? That's a wild success if you ask me :ponder:

So did Kirby Tilt n Tumble for the GBC....

According to Wikipedia, Tilt & Tumble didn't do as well as Nintendo had hoped, thus the cancellation of the sequel. :ponder:

Notice there were NO games to use the tilt censor after either of those two games? That's a wild success if you ask me

After? Dude, Wario Twisted hasn't even been released in the US yet! Besides, what's Yoshi Topsy Turvy, chopped liver? :D