IGNORED

Warerat Projects

joeventura

Howdy Carmel

Mathy....is the the 800 cum xe upgrade you are referring to

I do have an 800 somewhere, i know though that it does not work properly (wrong colours and awful TVI/white noise)

I have no clue what you mean by "800 cum xe upgrade".

I was talking about the ATR8000 and ATR8500, hence the "x" in ATR8x00. It's made by SWP. It runs on a Z81 processor IIRC. But there are lot's of people who can tell you more about this then me.

Greetings

Mathy

ILooks like the design will be finalized on a Xilinx XC9572XL in VQ64 small quad-flat pack. That will allow me the room to do the complete implementation with the PBI logic in place for those who want to use the now free RAM slots for PBI devices.

Awesome, keep up the good work - my 800 is eagerly waiting it's new lease on life! :D

Howdy Carmel

I do have an 800 somewhere, i know though that it does not work properly (wrong colours and awful TVI/white noise)

I was talking about the ATR8000 and ATR8500, hence the "x" in ATR8x00. It's made by SWP. It runs on a Z81 processor IIRC. But there are lot's of people who can tell you more about this then me.

Greetings

Mathy

Mathy....I was referring to the upgrade mentioned earlier in the subject thread (and probably the idea behind the whole subject in the first place), since warerat was or is working on an xe compatible 800 mod (hence 800 cum xe upgrade)

Mathy I have an ATR8500, serial #5, plus the schematics and some product literature and full sets of the ATR 8xxx Cp?M disks and such. I also have scanned in the ATR8000 manuals and other documents as well if you need them.

Curt

Howdy Carmel

Greetings

Mathy

Mathy I have an ATR8500, serial #5, plus the schematics and some product literature and full sets of the ATR 8xxx Cp?M disks and such.

Curt, IIRC one of those CP/M disks was "copy protected", and I would like to preserve it. I never owned one of those, I just remember reading that the boot disk has some kind of mix of Atari and CP/M format.

Do you still have the Catweasel? Any chance to connect it to a 5.25 drive for dumping that disk? If so, let me know which OS can you run on that system and I'll provide the required dumping software.

Or otherwise, may be you or somebody else can loan me the disk?

Yup,

Still have the Catweasel, I need to setup an older system I have that has an ISA slot in it, all my systems are PCI only and its getting to be a bit of pain not having an ISA slot anymore :-/

Curt

Mathy I have an ATR8500, serial #5, plus the schematics and some product literature and full sets of the ATR 8xxx Cp?M disks and such.

Curt, IIRC one of those CP/M disks was "copy protected", and I would like to preserve it. I never owned one of those, I just remember reading that the boot disk has some kind of mix of Atari and CP/M format.

Do you still have the Catweasel? Any chance to connect it to a 5.25 drive for dumping that disk? If so, let me know which OS can you run on that system and I'll provide the required dumping software.

Or otherwise, may be you or somebody else can loan me the disk?

Edited by Curt Vendel

Howdy Curt

Mathy I have an ATR8500, serial #5, plus the schematics and some product literature and full sets of the ATR 8xxx Cp?M disks and such. I also have scanned in the ATR8000 manuals and other documents as well if you need them.

Sorry, but I'm not looking for either the ATR8x00 or the docs. Maybe you or somebody else can publish the software and docs on the net. I try to limit the stuff that's on my site to stuff I have, stuff I know something about or stuff I really like.

Greetings

Mathy

• 2 months later...

Any forward momentum on this?

Figured I would wait until the summer to ask

Warerat,

Could you please give us an update? I'm very interested in this project of yours!

Thanks!

Hi folks,

I'm still alive. I'm the midst of finishing my last long semester in grad school and well as working full time and traveling for work (for those that have been there, you know what I mean). So my time working on it has been pretty limited. I am happy to report that I did work out some bugs and can bring the system up on it's own and run the self-test. There's something wrong with the memory system because it thinks there's only 20K of memory installed and only the first 1K and the 13th 1K test good. But apparently there's enough memory to run Star Raiders. ;)

I'm going to have to move to a larger CPLD with more I/Os as the more I look at the logic, the more extra chips I can eliminate. Looks like the design will be finalized on a Xilinx XC9572XL in VQ64 small quad-flat pack. That will allow me the room to do the complete implementation with the PBI logic in place for those who want to use the now free RAM slots for PBI devices.

Sorry for the delay.

Sergio

• 2 years later...

Any news about this? I'm HIGHLY interested on this upgrade! I only need the schematics if manufacturing isn't possible...

Pfft. What are you gonna do with the schematics? 90% of the logic is in an 84pin Complex Programmable Logic Device.. And then there's a custom ROM as well..

Best wait for Warerat to manufacture it.. He's almost there..

• 1 year later...