IGNORED

is any one actually buying a ps3?

Dusk2600

Probably. I haven't bought an X-Box 360, so I might as well buy ONE overpriced next-gen console. The features intrigue me and I'm sort of a Sony nut to begin with - I bought the original PSX, I ordered a PS2 online to get one when you couldn't find them in stores, I bought a PSP the first day they were in stores (what a smart decision that turned out to be) so why not do it again?

I doubt it. There's no way I'm going to pay that amount for a console, especially if it's going to break down within a year.

I've already got a few systems and plenty of games, and there'll still be loads of cheap games for the PS2 that I'd really enjoy that I don't even know about yet.

The only way I'd get a PS3 is when it's really cheap, which will be years and years away, and to be honest, I'll have probably ended up with an Xbox 360 by then so I'd obviously not bother.

I wasn't going to. But then I looked at game trailers for Wii. And the launch lineup for the Wii. All of which struck me as uninspiring. Sure the virtual console is cool but I have most of those games on original hardware anyway. And dammit, I'm all primed and ready for a new toy. Plus a bunch of the PS3 launch titles appeal to me. And my consulting work is going well so I'm kinda flush...

I showed up at preorder with the intent of eBaying the thing, but now I'm thinking I'm going to keep it. It's so shiny after all.

Eric