IGNORED

Good JAMMA trackball games? Horizontal monitor orientation

Crazy Climber

Hey everyone,

I made a little extra room in my game room recently which got me thinking. I have a JAMMA game Eagle Shot Golf with a Horizontal monitor and a trackball control panel. It also has four buttons. It was originally a Super-Pac. My plan was to convert it to Golden Tee but I already own a Golden Tee now. I don't really need 2 golf games so instead of my original plan to sell it maybe theres a cool Trackball game thats JAMMA compatible I could convert it to. I wanted to make it a Capcom Bowling (sweet game BTW) but it requires a vertical monitor. Anyone have any cool ideas? Maybe you have a JAMMA board for sale that would work? Let me know and that would be cool, I dig sports games and endless wave style games but I would really be open to any and all suggestions, Thanks a lot man.

Strata made a vertical JAMMA bowling game. It's an older game (1990) but still might be fun. I remember there being a few trackball-based billiards games as well, but I don't remember if they were horizontal or vertical to tell you the truth.

Two notes for you. One, it may be possible to rotate the monitor that's currently in your cabinet. You'll have to check and see how difficult it is. And two, many older games have whatever-to-JAMMA adapters available. You could slap Centipede or any other game in there with the right adapter.

Strata made a vertical JAMMA bowling game. It's an older game (1990) but still might be fun. I remember there being a few trackball-based billiards games as well, but I don't remember if they were horizontal or vertical to tell you the truth.

Two notes for you. One, it may be possible to rotate the monitor that's currently in your cabinet. You'll have to check and see how difficult it is. And two, many older games have whatever-to-JAMMA adapters available. You could slap Centipede or any other game in there with the right adapter.

I always forget about those adaptors, good idea.

I should check the monitor a little closer, as far as I remember Super Pac was vertical so it might go back easy, Thanks.

Yeah I found that link a while ago still have as of yet to try it out and by the way they do sell a 2 x 12 edge connector that guy must have gave up way to easily in his search. http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/ProductDe...11D6005BFDE17F# Better off using the right parts instead of ghetto rigging it. I have a Crystal castles cabinet that is converted to Jamma I still have to get the project up and going I did however just get my hands on an unspoiled CC control panel. Now I just have to rebuild the track ball and get a new ball for it not to mention lots of graphic work on the cab needs an entirely new sticker set on the sides and marquee. But as of right now Contra and After burner are top priority before it gets too cold to work outside.