IGNORED

S.T.U.N. Runner

A_Username

I love it too. One of my fav arcade games of all time. I've been tempted to buy the sitdown machine a few times. I'm bummed I can't get this game to work in MAME. The Lynx version is cool. Atari released a rare game in 1998 called Vapor TRX, before they bit the dust, which plays like a graphically updated version of Stun Runner.

http://klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=&game_id=10295

I'm a huge fan of S.T.U.N. Runner. Unfortunately, it's the type of game that completely loses it charm in emulation. It only feels right if you're sitting on the speed-bike seat attached to the cabinet, using the yoke to control your craft.

I love it too. One of my fav arcade games of all time. I've been tempted to buy the sitdown machine a few times. I'm bummed I can't get this game to work in MAME. The Lynx version is cool. Atari released a rare game in 1998 called Vapor TRX, before they bit the dust, which plays like a graphically updated version of Stun Runner.

Whoa! They made a S.T.U.N. Runner-like game for the lynx. I'd buy it if it wasn't rare.

I'm a huge fan of S.T.U.N. Runner. Unfortunately, it's the type of game that completely loses it charm in emulation. It only feels right if you're sitting on the speed-bike seat attached to the cabinet, using the yoke to control your craft.

Yeah I know my friend has it emulated on a CD. Playing it in a strait back chair on a PC just doesn't give you the same feeling.

SWEET Graphics too. :cool:

Whoa! They made a S.T.U.N. Runner-like game for the lynx. I'd buy it if it wasn't rare.

It's not that rare. You can probably pick the game up for $5 or so.

I preferred the Amiga version myself. But when it comes down to it, nothing is as good as the sit-down arcade console.

I preferred the Amiga version myself. But when it comes down to it, nothing is as good as the sit-down arcade console.

The other guy above said it was rare. What other consoles was this game released for? So far we have:

Atari Lynx

Arcade

Amiga

The other guy above said it was rare. What other consoles was this game released for? So far we have:

Atari Lynx

Arcade

Amiga

He's talking about a possible STUN sequel released as an ARCADE game in 98

Atari Lynx

Arcade

Amiga

He's talking about a possible STUN sequel released as an ARCADE game in 98

Oh, the one with better graphics pictured in the link. I think I remember seeing something like that for PS2 once, I think you played it with that motion camera thing too. Maybe I just saw an ATV game.

The guy I just picked up my Neo MVS from had a S.T.U.N. Runner sitting in the corner. It didn't look bad and if I wasn't in a hurry I would have acted interested and played a few rounds. I could never fit this game in my current arrangement but it's tempting. If anyone in the MN area is interested in buying it let me know, I don't think he is currently advertising it. Some younger guy that won an auction of 20 games or so, I don't think he knows a lot about them. I think he said $450 but I'm not sure. It looked decent but I didn't look to close or even turn it on so who knows.

I am addicted to this game, I just played it at an arcade a few months ago. Anyone else out there think this is fun or is it just me. I am a pro at this game and have beaten it (I think).

A_Username

Sorry to attack your thread with replies but you still have an arcade in your area with a S.T.U.N. sit down in it!! What other older games do they have, or better yet take a few pics if possible. I thought the arcade was a thing of the past, I know in my area ther is ZERO.......or is there?

I would freak if there was an actual arcade I could go to in my area that wasn't just Golden Tee and Big Buck Hunter.

I am addicted to this game, I just played it at an arcade a few months ago. Anyone else out there think this is fun or is it just me. I am a pro at this game and have beaten it (I think).

A_Username

Sorry to attack your thread with replies but you still have an arcade in your area with a S.T.U.N. sit down in it!! What other older games do they have, or better yet take a few pics if possible. I thought the arcade was a thing of the past, I know in my area ther is ZERO.......or is there?

I would freak if there was an actual arcade I could go to in my area that wasn't just Golden Tee and Big Buck Hunter.

This place is pretty cool, I could take a few pics next time I'm there. They have loads of old games. They also have an old robot rabbit on a scooter that talks to you and stuff. I'm going their any day now for their special on Laser Tag for Haloween. This is a really fun place. It's called Gigglebees, you can find it if you are ever in the Sioux Falls, SD area. As for Golden Tee and Big Buck Hunter I can play them at any Laundromat in the area. There is another arcade called the County Fair Fun Company in the area. Those are the only two arcades in my city that I can think of. Anyways if you are ever in the Sioux Falls, South Dakota area either of these arcades are loads of fun. County fair has more new games where Gigglebees has been open since the 70's or 80's.

A_Username

A_Username

This place is pretty cool, I could take a few pics next time I'm there. They have loads of old games. They also have an old robot rabbit on a scooter that talks to you and stuff. I'm going their any day now for their special on Laser Tag for Haloween. This is a really fun place. It's called Gigglebees, you can find it if you are ever in the Sioux Falls, SD area. As for Golden Tee and Big Buck Hunter I can play them at any Laundromat in the area. There is another arcade called the County Fair Fun Company in the area. Those are the only two arcades in my city that I can think of. Anyways if you are ever in the Sioux Falls, South Dakota area either of these arcades are loads of fun. County fair has more new games where Gigglebees has been open since the 70's or 80's.

A_Username

Dude, I live in MN! That's almost worth a stop on a Road Trip across america. Post some pics if you can, I actually started another thread about this same thing. Thanks for giving me hope on finding an actual arcade :)

Your're right that is terrible. I just found out that the DOS version is abandoneware, would it be against the rules to upload it?

Upload it here? Probably. If you want to share it, why can't you point others to your favorite abandonware site?

Your're right that is terrible. I just found out that the DOS version is abandoneware, would it be against the rules to upload it?

Upload it here? Probably. If you want to share it, why can't you point others to your favorite abandonware site?

It's on dosgamezone.com, I wouldn't want to be a rulebreaker and get banned or anything, so fill out the registration form and you're good to go. You don't even have to answer to a conformation email or anything, no spam either, I've been a member for a year and have had no spam.

A_Username

The guy I just picked up my Neo MVS from had a S.T.U.N. Runner sitting in the corner. It didn't look bad and if I wasn't in a hurry I would have acted interested and played a few rounds. I could never fit this game in my current arrangement but it's tempting. If anyone in the MN area is interested in buying it let me know, I don't think he is currently advertising it. Some younger guy that won an auction of 20 games or so, I don't think he knows a lot about them. I think he said $450 but I'm not sure. It looked decent but I didn't look to close or even turn it on so who knows.

That's about what I paid for mine 6 or 7 years ago, but the price has come down a little since then. The ones I've seen sell recently have gone for more like $250.