IGNORED

Can anyone tell me what this used to be? (UMK3 CONVERSION)

Crazy Climber

Hey everyone,

I just picked this up a few weeks back. Its an Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 conversion with a 25" monitor. Some guy posted it on Craigs List, seems he had to evict some tenants and they left it behind. I paid $200 for it which wasn't bad but it could use a cleaning. Something strange I noticed is the cabinet is able to be split into 2 pieces (top/bottom) I've never owned one like this. Anyone know what this used to be? I found some Midway parts on it but who knows if they were originally on it :? Anyone know if this is this a custom made cab or did any games come in these originally. Just wondering, Thanks.

BTW - Let me know if you need better pics, sorry if the ones I took are a little crappy but my battery was dying so I had to hurry.

post-9102-1162174701_thumb.jpg

post-9102-1162174784_thumb.jpg

post-9102-1162174866_thumb.jpg

post-9102-1162174959_thumb.jpg

Any help would be great, I'm really curious as to what it was. Thanks :)

That's just a generic cabinet commonly referred to as a Dynamo Cabinet. There's no telling what game could have been in there.

You can Google the term Dynamo Cabinet and check out some of the returns. More or Less , just a conversion cab.

As for the Midway parts , those are only part of the MK3 kit, which is usually a PCB , overlay , & marquee. Those are probably the only Midway branded items on that cab. The actual MK3 cab was a monster compared to the Dynamo's.

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter...mp;game_id=8754

Still a good find though. If you feel you ever want to sell it , you'll have no problem with the board on eBay. You could keep the cabinet , drop a PC in there , and MAME it. Dynamo's make great MAME cabinets.

Hope that helps.

Edited by ProperRogue

Thanks man, that totally helps and makes sense. The midway parts I was talking about were the two plastic vent pieces on the back of the cab but someone probably put them on aftermarket. Thanks for all the info and the links, I never had a cab like this and it stumped me since I couldn't find anything anywhere on the inside or out to tell me what it was. :)