IGNORED

€ Jagfest and how it was

PeterG

Since no one wrote about the €-Jagfest I will say a word or two. As in the last few years we have been in a Room in Kaarst. It is a Bar so we also got to eat and drink if we wanted to. I really like the location because it is very near to my place but that's not what makes the Jagfest special. It's the people. As always it was a pleasure to meet Lars, Björn, Matthias and Thorsten to just name a few. We meet every Year and so it is a warm feeling to see them again. Even people like Matthias' Brother who aren't direct jaguarfans are there and it is a pleasure to see and talk to them. There was even a former Eclipse developer but I forgot his name( stupid me) and he did not know dan h because I was very curious to know what's going on. Said developer left Eclipse after IS so it might be that he does not know who else worked tehre after him. Aside from the known people it was nice to meet ones you only know over the net like atari-fan and there were also some guys from a radio station and one guy who wants to write a book about the Jag, although I'm curious how it turns out since he asked us some questions about some pictures from the internet and did not know too much about it but I won't judge his knowledge until I read the book there. Anyway cool to know that there is someone writing a book about the jaguar. Clearly the highlights of the show from a different point of view than social contacts were the releases of Matthias' Double Feature No.1 and Lars' Lost Treasures.

I guess everyone knows what I am talking about but for those who don't. Double feature contains Reversi and Connect them which really look great. I bought one there and recommend it to anyone who wants to have a quality product. Sure, those are so called simpler games but they do look great with the polished Duranik graphics have a nice packaging and a very nice Manual in four languages. Matthias has done a very polished release. I lost quite some time yesterday evening trying to beat the computer on higher levels. it gets hard. I even found a nice secret. I won't tell anyone what it is though. :-)

Lars' release is a compilation of binaries of the games he lost in his Crash in 2005. There are many cool demos on it, mostly playable and some of which we did not even know that he was working on such games. There are 30 "games" on it while some are non playable most of them are playable at least to some degree even if the binaries lack collison or sound or whatever.

It is also nice to see that for some games there are different binaries. So you can watch the progress. For example there are nine different binaries for Star alliance so you can watch it eviolve from the first simpler binary to the last with nice effects and graphics and whatnot.

I spent quite some time with that disc at the Jagfest and bought it too. Unfortunatley my Jag Cd gives me problems at home. Have to check it out.

So we got to see some interesting stuff and the people who were there had some insight on the new projects, discussions and everything. It was really nice. The only sag part about that years fest is that many people did not bring there own equipment with them so there were fewer tables and stuff to look at. That has to change next year. Even I had not everything with me and it was sad because from time to time someone came to my table and asked if he could play Atari karts, or AvP or whatever since he never saw it before and I have this game but could not show them. Would have been better. Next year I have everythiong with me. :-)

And this year was shorter than the last few years because people left earlier, and I had to go too. I hope this will change also again next year because otherwise it is a great event and so cool to meet those nice people. And now I will have my Nuon modden and be finally able to play T3k and IS3 on it so this weekend will have a cool effect also weeks later. So if anyone has any questions...feel free.

Peter, you bought the Lost Treasures......

Is it worth the money, how high is the replay value?

Oh man I forgot about you. I am so sorry. I still have something for you.....gotta search through my old PM and find your adress.

Oh well.

I played it for some time on the Jagfest and it is really interesting to see all that stuff, some of which you have never seen before. On the other hand some aren't really playable, so there is just so much to see and then you move on. I think it is really interesting for collectors. And as someone said it is like 1€ per game so it isn't that bad although 30€ can sound a bit much for unfinished games if you think about it. As far as the replay value goes I can't tell too much since I wanted to play it at home yesterday and my Jag cd gave me problems so I don't know. Have to check some things out and see how I get the disc to work. So, if you want something finished, this disc might not be for you but if you are interested in a lot of projects of which some REALLY look nice. You could check it out. Hope it helps

Peter, I was waiting for a review. Thank you.

You know, it is really appreciated when attendees at some Jagfest post their reviews for us unlucky non-attendees :-)

And I must tell that this year we had a lot of fests an a serious lack of reviews. Maybe there was some catalyst missing (TAT, MyAtari.net, ...), but I didn't find lots of reviews as seen in latest years.

So, Tank You!

Hello all!

Thanks Peter for the nice report, may be i can support the given impressions with some few pictures:

Euro-Jagfest 2006 pictures

Best regards

Matthias

PS: The DoubleFeature#1-paper-manual is only in 2 languages (english+german, 24pages), but the games support 5 languages.

Edited by Matthias

Hello all!

Thanks Peter for the nice report, may be i can support the given impressions with some few pictures:

Euro-Jagfest 2006 pictures

Best regards

Matthias

PS: The DoubleFeature#1-paper-manual is only in 2 languages (english+german, 24pages), but the games support 5 languages.

Oops my bad sorry. Since the manual was that thick I assumed it would contain all the other languages too. But I have to admit that I did not go through it completley.

I thought the JagCF was going to reveled? Ive seen the pics of a few games for it but no other data about the unit? Any details from the event that one could share?

Well we had Jagfest UK( JFUK), Retro gaming connexion( France) and €-Jagfest in Germany. The CF cart was presented in France and unfortunatley no one could come to Germany from there since we were on the same date. Maybe next year something can be done to avoid that so we can have french guests again like in the years before. So to cut it short, I can't tell you anything about the CF. You'd have to ask some of the French guys.