IGNORED

Question - FB2 Portable?

Pitfall would be great on the FB2 Portable. However, if any of you have the Activision Anthology for Gameboy (which I highly recommend) you know that the precise controller movement for jumping on alligator heads and catching the vines is something that is unique to the 2600 joystick. The portable would have to have an equally authentic joystick type controller in order to 100% recreate the gameplay from a 2600 or FB2

Edited by policelimit

Yep... I noticed he asked a few questions. Pretty cool thus far.

Side question: For those that have modded their FB2 for a cart slot... can you check to see if Pitfall 2 works. And please check to see if a Krok cart will work.

Thanks

This has been discussed a number of times already. You really need to try searching the forums first.

Krok carts (and multicarts in general) will not work.

Pitfall II will not work.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I was aiming for the jaguar controller, actually. I just like it. And I forgot the keypad on this one. I think it looks better without it, anyways.

I touched up the concept drawing of the FB2P and actually scanned it in this time.

http://picasaweb.google.com/nathan.dkassan...174731853590802

Nathan

Nice work! :thumbsup:

Look a bit like a Game.com, methinks. :P

What he is referring to was a handeld FB2 with Pong only installed into the prom inside of a 1/2 sized paddle controller, running with 1 AAA battery and had a composite AV cable coming out of it.

Somebody had it posted in a photo thread of the Dallas VGXPO show in 2005.

Curt

...Linux...

Linux? :ponder:

There is already a proto for the FB2p. Curt showed it off at the last big show when AA\Atari\Legacy shared wine.

I've been dying to hear more about this for months. Go ahead, tell us more.

What he is referring to was a handeld FB2 with Pong only installed into the prom inside of a 1/2 sized paddle controller, running with 1 AAA battery and had a composite AV cable coming out of it.

Somebody had it posted in a photo thread of the Dallas VGXPO show in 2005.

Curt

Thanks! I'll (We'll) check that out.

:)

Maybe I'm a bit dense, but I've been clicking around and not finding any pics of the proposed FB2. Could somebody point me in the right direction?

Here's what I believe to be the photo thread. Most (if not all) of the photos are broken links so you may have to use this to retrieve them.

BTW: You still haven't told me what that "Linux" handheld was... :ponder:

Edited by Dragnerok X

I touched up the concept drawing of the FB2P and actually scanned it in this time.

http://picasaweb.google.com/nathan.dkassan...174731853590802

Nathan

I was very impressed with your concept drawing. What did you base this concept on? There are so many hand-held game machines out there, I personally hope Atari (and Mr. Vendel) will consider the Lynx 2 as a design pattern. I think it would be awesome to have a Lynx 3 that played 2600, 5200, 7800 and Lynx games, don't you? Yours, Cal

BTW: You still haven't told me what that "Linux" handheld was... :ponder:

The Linux handheld is just a dream of mine, I wish Atari would make one that was equivalent to the GP2X. Nothing more.

I was very impressed with your concept drawing. What did you base this concept on?

Based off of the Jaguar controller, tweaked for being a handheld game by itself.

I would sure like to have a handheld that plays all those consoles, but I think that the GP2X is our only hope for that one, as Curt's explained to us that te hardware was different enough as to not make it cost effective to make a Mega Multi console game. And thanks for the links!

Nathan

Edited by nathanallan