IGNORED

WOW LOOK

MattyXB

Okay, Alex and I just spent some time looking at all of the images used in this guy's auctions and a good portion of them were stolen right from AtariAge. Some were also taken from Digital Press. Specifically, the images stolen from us were:

Quadrun - Box and Cart

32-in-1 - Box and Cart

Q*bert's Qubes - Back of box (Front from DP)

Glib - Box

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Cart

Obelix - One of the box backs

Berenstain Bears - One of the box fronts

Condor Attack - Cart (Box from DP)

Swordquest Waterworld - Back of Box (front from DP)

Crazy Climber - Box from DP

In addition, many of the screenshots were taken from our site. Unless someone here can personally vouch for this seller, I would be very wary of these auctions. The only two auctions you can see any history on right now are not videogame related, and all of his previous transactions through July, 2001 were as a buyer (eBay didn't mark the transactions as B/S prior to that).

So at the very least, the images you are looking at are not the items you'll be buying. I wouldn't send this guy a penny until he can demonstrate that he actually has these items.

..Al

Also I sent him an email:

Have questions regarding the pics listed in your Atari 2600 auctions. Are these the images of the actual boxes and carts? I ask this because I noticed several of the pics are duplicated on the different auctions. Would it be possible to get the actual images of the MIB games I will be bidding on? Thanks for your time.

I just won a toothprotector using buy now,

but I think I will wait with payment till I get some more info.

I also think its strange he has two of everything, who has two boxed Quadruns??

Also boxed 32 in 1 carts by Atari are only found in Europe (if you are lucky), he lives in the States and has two copies

Lets wait and see, maybe he realy does have all these items.

-Sandy.

Yes, now I think too, better beware. 2 of each Rare game, I don't think so. Maybe a fake, who have make fast 100 positive feedbacks and then sell Rare things.

If he stolen the pictures from here, he must know, that all games will go much higher then his Buy it Know prices.

So I will not bid, or only bid very cheap on these auctions.

Albert, he told me on the phone that boxes were his while the screenshots were Atari Age's. Do you know if any of the box images came from anyone in Kentucky?? I for one am waiting until some evidence in buyer's favor can be found. He supposed to send me some close ups of Qberts Qube box. Let's see.

Well I paypaled his brother .01 but came up with another name.

The name emailed to me was Ryan Kinman.

The name on the PayPal account is Mark Mechley. I would think brothers would have the same last name.

I say avoid this one. The seller needs to come foward and explain.

I have sent out email warnings to all who have made bids in the recent wave of bug90 video game auctions, alerting them to this message board thread and to the liklihood that they are dealing with a seller who has fraudulently misrepresented his auction offerings.

I urge all of you to think thrice before placing a bid on any of the bug90 auctions or sending him payment.

Ben

quote:

Originally posted by Pitfall Harry:

I have sent out email warnings to all who have made bids in the recent wave of
bug90
video game auctions, alerting them to this message board thread and to the liklihood that they are dealing with a seller who has fraudulently misrepresented his auction offerings.

I urge all of you to think thrice before placing a bid on any of the bug90 auctions or sending him payment.

Ben

Nice to see you Pitfall Harry, we all have worrie about you. All your treads were deleted, and your website is not working.

But if you answer then you must be fine. I am so happy.

quote:

Originally posted by Erik:

Albert, he told me on the phone that boxes were his while the screenshots were Atari Age's. Do you know if any of the box images came from anyone in Kentucky?? I for one am waiting until some evidence in buyer's favor can be found. He supposed to send me some close ups of Qberts Qube box. Let's see.

This is total BS, the Q*bert's Qubes box scans clearly came from Digital Press and AtariAge. Take a look here:

Q*bert's Qubes Box Front - from Digital Press

Q*bert's Qubes Box Back - from AtariAge

Now take a look at this (I now have copies of the auctions in case the seller changes the images, or for whatever reason they disappear):

qbertsqubes_front.jpg

qbertsqubes_back.jpg

Open up the two above links in a separate window and compare them to the images I've included here. It should be pretty obvious that the images were copied. So if he produces a closeup of the Q*Bert's Qubes box, I'd really like to see that..

..Al

Hi! Look at the 32-1 cart, the cart model number it's CX26153P, it's that P for PAL maybe?

About the stolen pictures, Albert why don't u write down something in the pictures like "atariage"?

Just my two cents!

OsBo

It is interesting that the seller is communicating with people how to pay for these auctions with PayPal, but has not yet responded to the message we sent asking him to remove the images he used from our site. Has anyone received any type of proof that the seller actually has these games?

Even if eBay and PayPal have "insurance" against fraud, I've heard that it's a pain in the neck to get your money back when that happens. And if these auctions turn out to be fraudalent, why reward this person by sending them money, even if you might get it back? I would hold off on sending this individual anything until he can demonstrate in some fashion that he actually has these games.

..Al

[ 04-09-2002: Message edited by: Albert ]

Yes, I think the P stand for PAL. On most Atari PAL games you found the P. Sometimes on the Endlable behind the name, sometimes behind the number on the lable, sometimes a P sticker at the back of the cartridge, sometimes a PAL stamp at the lable.

On Activision game I have found out, that the PAL games have an E before the number like EAX-001. I think the E stand for Europa.

quote:

Originally posted by MattyXB:

Yes, I think the P stand for PAL. On most Atari PAL games you found the P. Sometimes on the Endlable behind the name, sometimes behind the number on the lable, sometimes a P sticker at the back of the cartridge, sometimes a PAL stamp at the lable.

On Activision game I have found out, that the PAL games have an E before the number like EAX-001. I think the E stand for Europa.

yeah, it's what I thought, I had that cart, actually there were mostly Activison and Atari games, 32-1, back in my country, and the label had a P, of course was a Taiwan pirate cart

Honestly, I won't bid on those auctions, don't have the money or the interest on those games.

OsBo

Paypal does not REALLY protect you very much as a buyer if you send money and never receive a product. By the time you file a complaint with them, the seller has drained their account and paypal basically comes back in a month and says "We agree you got ripped off but, sorry, we did all we could but were unable to retrieve any funds". I know because I experienced this first hand. Unless you use your Credit Card to make the purchase, you will have a better chance of getting some satisfaction if you file a fraud report thru your credit card company.

[ 04-09-2002: Message edited by: MrRetroGamer ]