IGNORED

WOW LOOK

MattyXB

I am going to get back to the board whether it's the same guy which I am 99% sure it is. If NESChampion can get another human being at Ebay this may be ammunition needed to put this looser behind bars.

I would be happy to give info to Ebay or Police for that matter.

Okay I found some old Correspondence. Too bad this bulliten board doesn't have Feb 2001 posts I am sure all the Ebay IDs were mentioned.

The bidder TeddyTeens from Feb 2001 was:

Mark Melson

1556 Clovernook Drive

Erlanger, KY 41018

The email used was Fleetfifty@aol.com

I looked on the map and it can't be more than 10 miles apart.

What are the odds that it's the same person?

Same first name

Same State

cities within 10 miles

quote:

Originally posted by Erik:

Okay I found some old Correspondence. Too bad this bulliten board doesn't have Feb 2001 posts I am sure all the Ebay IDs were mentioned.

We have all the messages since AtariAge went online, but unfortunately that was in April of last year (April 22nd is our one year anniversary). We don't have any of the messages from the old (terrible) WWW Board script we were using on the Nexus. I haven't extensively looked through web.archive.org to see how much is retrievable, but I'm assuming only a small percentage of the messages.

..Al

No I actually just found the info but haven't fowarded to anyone yet.

But I did receive a response from Ebay to my initial detailed complaint. Frankly, I am dissapointed to receive such a generic response for such effort and detail. I'll bet you someone pulled a standard letter form in 10 minutes and emailed it back to me. The disappointing Ebay response was:

Hello,

Thank you for writing to SafeHarbor with your concerns. I am here to

assist you.

eBay doesn't actually handle the merchandise that is offered for

auction. Without firsthand knowledge of the item, we are unable to

guarantee the accuracy of the listing information. We encourage members

who are interested in bidding on an item to email the seller for

additional information. Be sure to ask the seller specific questions

regarding age, authenticity and condition of the item before bidding. In

the unlikely event that the seller doesn't respond, you may want to

reconsider your bidding decision.

Part of this information is contained in our User Agreement, under

article 3. I have included a portion of that Article below for your

review:

I didn't include article 3 but any fool can figure that out. I expected a more personal response say that an investigation was underway and any needed info would be forwarded. Just makes me sick.

I think the best chance is to cut through the red tape and get NESchampion to foward it on to the live Human at Ebay who is investigating this with the police.

I'll will try to contact NESchampion but hopefully he will come back to these posts.

I am still here and unfortunately I bring bad news. Our guy is back under the user name sun14. I believe this is the only account he is using at the moment and he is selling NES Panesian games with it. He has slightly changed his auction format and changed the location to "Go Reds" instead of Cincinnati. Sneaky huh.......pff......yeah right. He is offering 2 of each game just like before and the BIN's were the same.

I can't remember who posted above me that said they were going to try and contact me but here is my e-mail......neschampion@aol.com

I was just going to post about this, but Nick beat me to it. The pics this time are more real looking, except 2 don't have instructions (the auction says they do), and the all 3 auction recycles the 3 previous pics.

Hey, here's an idea. Someone mail this guy saying you want in on the idea and can supply new, never before seen pics of the 3 panesian games (including one of all three complete) for a cut of the money he gets by ripping people off. If he agrees, well, you got him.

Just an idea. Is anyone sure if this new sun guy is related to the previous three, and if all previous three are related?

dave

If this is he again, he has upload the pictures on ebay. Only the E-Mail picture. This is maybe stolen from this website:

http://www.auctionriches.com/

Arrggg, I hate this guy, if this is he again. The last auction from January this year. And then nothing.

Thats look bad. I wish someone can bring him to jail.

PS:

Look by bid history. Seems he will only Buy it know. Then he can make faster money. He has cancel the first who has bid. After a half hour he will an answer from him.

Since why a seller will get answer from the buyer.

[ 04-11-2002: Message edited by: MattyXB ]

quote:

Originally posted by Erik:

I expected a more personal response say that an investigation was underway and any needed info would be forwarded. Just makes me sick.

Amazing! Some of you still think ebay gives a rat's that you are getting ripped off!! As long as they get theirs, do you really think give a second thought to you?

I agree though, it is sad and it is also clear ebay will do not think to stop this fool. I mean, just look at him go, even though most of you have ratted him out! Ridiculous. Ebay clearly does not care.

Sounds like this guy won't stop until he's arrested. What a marroon.

quote:

Originally posted by neschampion:

I am still here and unfortunately I bring bad news. Our guy is back under the user name sun14. I believe this is the only account he is using at the moment and he is selling NES Panesian games with it. He has slightly changed his auction format and changed the location to "Go Reds" instead of Cincinnati. Sneaky huh.......pff......yeah right. He is offering 2 of each game just like before and the BIN's were the same.

I can't remember who posted above me that said they were going to try and contact me but here is my e-mail......neschampion@aol.com

sun14 is gone....

Just a thought - although I suppose someone else has already come up with this one. IF the usernames this guy sold the Quadruns under is a heisted account, could someone contact the last couple of people who left positive feedback for this user and ask them what shipping address he used? If he had the Quadrun winners ship to a different address and/or name, that'd be a pretty strong indicator. Or, if it's the same address, but with a different name, and he's intercepting mail - well, that's when you can get the F.B.I involved, for the federal offense charge. Just a thought...

It's listed as Item # 1345777773. I checked the vintage game/Atari section and it was the first "normal" item listed (below the "Featured" listings).

The auction title is ATARI 2600 Quadrun plus Instructions WOW

[ 04-11-2002: Message edited by: xyzzy ]

He must've just hacked this one. It's Transformer_addict. He changed something with the info today, april 11th. I just checked the user id. Here is the guy's info as of right now.

User ID: transformer_addict

Name: John V Stenson

Company:

City: Lansdale

State: PA

Phone: (215) 362 - 8492

Time/Date: Wednesday, Feb 24, 1999 15:07:32 PST

So, the only thing we can do is hope that the person selling this is John. I might consider calling this guy, but it's late here. Maybe tomorrow and see if he is selling the game. This doesn't give the user's email address. That is what may have changed, and the winner may in fact be given a different name to pay. Let's keep our eye on this stooge.

Phil

quote:

Originally posted by neschampion:

If I had to guess I would say that Transformer_addict is on the level.

I would agree with you on this one neschampion. There are many of the "usual suspects" of Atari collecting listed in his feedback, so I would hazard that this is someone who has been selling and buying Atari games for a while.

I would agree that this one seems to be real, too bad theres no pic.

I am sure we will all be watching this one closely, but we cant just jump to conclusions on every hella rare auction, there are some honest people out there.

Anyways, check the guys feedback and items he has purchased, it looks on the level IMO.

You guys are missing the point. Something has changed with the user info today! He might have been on the up and up until today. Then he got hacked, Ryan put the new email address, but left this guy's other info. Maybe in a few days, he'll change that too. You win the game, and you get an email from Ryan and ebay with Ryan's new email address saying to send money to Cincinatti or Kentucky. Maybe the person doesn't look at where it's being sold from. Alot of times, I don't check the seller I buy from. Nonetheless, I will be calling John in the morning and verify this myself. If he didn't do this, I will tell him he's been hacked and that someone is using his id to fraud people. If he is on the up and up, I will ask him to send me a pic of the game, since I was the first bidder.

I'll keep everyone informed as soon as I find out the info.

Phil