IGNORED

XL/XE compatible Atari 800?

Tempest

i hope so, i did that mistake before, and it resulted in cable with every other wire twisted

if this will be like so in prototypes, i can simply solder 50pin IDC connector on the bottom side and this will solve the issue

what i'm worried is daisychaining of memory slots and operation of special cards like 80 column display adapters with chain broken (slots 1&2 disabled)

JamesD: its an PBI interface connector

fiberwire: it works like this: you put your 128k axlon board back in the drawer, and use 1mb axlon compatible memory expansion which is already built in

Ok, i'll PM you with details, and if we move forward, i'll post updates in this thread

Edited by candle

sometimes its possible to d/l only impact software - this is whats their programmer is called

otherwise whole ISE needs to be downloaded - it's over 4gb of download, and chances it runs under w95 are nil

Okay, Still count me in :)

I looked over my backup XP PC and it has a LPT port, so I'll get the cheap LPT adapter and cable on ebay ;)

Jay

Update:

I just got this one eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1807171509201?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180717150920&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Edited by AtariGeezer

JamesD: its an PBI interface connector

fiberwire: it works like this: you put your 128k axlon board back in the drawer, and use 1mb axlon compatible memory expansion which is already built in

Ok, i'll PM you with details, and if we move forward, i'll post updates in this thread

Um... isn't the PBI connector under the metal shielding where nothing can get at it? Or does this plug in a memory card slot?

I'm sure someone will find a use for it, I'm just not sure what you could plug into it under the shielding.

I so need an 800 now.

How much will this cost? I'm interested, but don't recall seeing a price.

I think price is going to depend on number of orders. But I think the number of orders is also depending on price a bit so it's a vicious circle.

Oh hell...

candle, sign me up for 1 if it's not ridiculously expensive; I'll try to buy an 800. I can't test anything for you until I can find an 800 but I can help lower the costs.

I'll probably need a new JTAG programmer if you do any PLD upgrades because my old programmer required a parallel interface; I'm not sure I have a computer with a parallel port anymore.

Let me know where to send $ and how much.

Hell... I'll probably receive this and buy an 800 before I ever get the SIDE cart I ordered. :D

I just went back and re-read the whole thread. If I understand it correctly, the finished board will just require a half dozen or so wire connections for installation. Will the boards be delivered fully populated? (I'm not good enough at soldering to handle surface mount components, but I do fine with 80s-era stuff.) Will I need a JTAG programmer or some other equipment for upgrades/bugfixes?