IGNORED

XL/XE compatible Atari 800?

Tempest

mimo: it does have 1024k of extended ram already build in, basically its expanded ultimate board plus side cart in one for 800, not for 400, as 400 has no use of personality board (it has it integrated on main board)

rybags: this would be again addin $15 instead of $4

Edited by candle

mimo: it does have 1024k of extended ram already build in, basically its expanded ultimate board plus side cart in one for 800, not for 400, as 400 has no use of personality board (it has it integrated on main board)

rybags: this would be again addin $15 instead of $4

Still a whole bag of awesomeness, I want one bad :grin:

i'll let everyone speculate

incognito.jpg

this is FAR from finnished project - i've been doing it few hours last sleepless night - routing is just "to be" not as it should, but it should give some of you general idea behind it

most expensive part in this one is the PCB, as its pretty hughe - but i don't know how much it would cost, so don't ask

SICK (!!!)

Well, it looks like the wait may be over... Assuming, of course, that my Ultra-800xl arrives (first of all). ;)

I am absolutely in for one of these boards, as it will finally make some justice to my beloved "JM"-800.

Bring it on!

F.

fiberwire

I've spoken with Sergio some time ago about continuing his work

He said that he needs to get the PCB layout done, and it was stopping factor for him - so i've offered my help.

I haven't heard anything from him ever since

my terms are simple and for everyone the same: in return for pcb design i want one assembled unit and one bare pcb for my portfolio

so if anyone has a design that needs pcb - just drop me a line

Edited by candle

• 3 weeks later...

it does, when in 800 mode 1mb will work as axlon, i don't know if i'll find the space (inside cpld) to make 52k too

if Sergio will consider releasing his version, then i'll back off - i didn't invested any money in this project, so its only my time

and all i want is to have this done - it doesn't matter which name will be on the nameplate

in other case - 800 is pretty useless for me, and i really don't want to have it shelved

Fat chance of wareat's board getting released. Word from the peanut gallery is all their (and we know who they are) Atari work is done, Atari sucks, and it's all about the Apple 2 now. All well and good - I have plenty of other Atari toys to keep me busy.

Fat chance of wareat's board getting released. Word from the peanut gallery is all their (and we know who they are) Atari work is done, Atari sucks, and it's all about the Apple 2 now. All well and good - I have plenty of other Atari toys to keep me busy.

Who would want to leave the Atari for Apple 2 ?

That'd be like trading in your nice holiday Winnebago for an old garbage truck.

• Like 1

Who would want to leave the Atari for Apple 2 ?

That'd be like trading in your nice holiday Winnebago for an old garbage truck.

LMAO - I won't get into any system vs system, just reporting what I sadly was told. Maybe it was a holiday joke or a case of PMS?

• 4 weeks later...

The one thing I think could be better is the SD slot location, on the CPU card makes it harder to access. I think it would be better if it was moved into a separate cartridge which could fit in the right cartridge slot, basically a MyIDE cartridge using a PLD with a CF card slot. Everything else would remain on the CPU card, with only the PLD/CF card slot in the cartridge it should be possible to make it small enough to fit with the cartridge door closed, which isn't possible with the SIDE cartridge.

This would increase costs of course, whether easier access to the CF card is worth it would depend on the amount of the increase.

I've got my blessings from Warerat, so i'm clear on that one

now all i need is a pile of money to get prototypes done, for this i need to make some first, so i'm making another run of ultimate1mb boards, and considering making another run of simplestereo and io-boards (the latter one is ready)

just can't finance anything from my sallary - its way too low for having any hobby at all ;) well, maybe a dust collector ;)

Bill: having side redesigned so it would fit 800 is possible, but then you need to add cost of side alone to this, whereas i can have the same for additional $4 added to incognito board, because of what is expensive its already there (pcb, cpld)

pcb cost won't drop because i'll exclude cf card connector - form factor for personality board is fixed, and it won't get any smaller or bigger just because one want it to

would you be also interested in testing prototypes?

it would require windows or linux machine with Webpack/ISE software pack (downloadable from Xilinx web page) and an lpt port (plus dirt-cheap programmer) or usb port (and pretty expensive programmer)

Hell yeah I'll test prototypes :) I'll pre-pay as well.

would you be also interested in testing prototypes?

it would require windows or linux machine with Webpack/ISE software pack (downloadable from Xilinx web page) and an lpt port (plus dirt-cheap programmer) or usb port (and pretty expensive programmer)

Yep, I could be a tester too :)

Is WebPack really needed or just a programmer to program the main chip?

My wilem board just might work... What kind of chip is it? part#, etc...

Jay