IGNORED

The Wii has been smashed!

Cheese007

The important thing is they prevented a family from having one

what jerks true they need a life WONT click link also

OMG think of the children LOL!!!!

this smash the shiny new console in front of fanbois is hysterical because of the reaction. Seriously in Connecticut people have been shot and a few people were robbed while waiting to spend 600 dollars for a console that is going for 2000 dollars ebay give me a break... I wish I could afford to buy a WII that I could stomp on in front of those kids, but I actually want a WII eventually so I prob couldnt bring myself to do it.

Edited by kevin242

The reaction? I saw everyone laugh at the idiots who wasted money. You know you're retarded when the people you're trying to offend laugh at you. That's when you become the "loser."

Some jagoff threw fries at us in line last night, I told the people in the car to come out and dance but they had no balls.

be funny if they came out and you guys pulled out your PSP's and DS's and had a WIFI fight to the death!!!

The reaction? I saw everyone laugh at the idiots who wasted money. You know you're retarded when the people you're trying to offend laugh at you. That's when you become the "loser."

Some jagoff threw fries at us in line last night, I told the people in the car to come out and dance but they had no balls.

be funny if they came out and you guys pulled out your PSP's and DS's and had a WIFI fight to the death!!!

Most people there weren't really Nintendo fanboys. There were a bunch of good guys, we had a great time, but it was so cold.

im not even clicking on the link.. the people who do this need a life, and im not going to boost thier site counter. these are perfectly good ps3s and wiis that could have made some of us very happy this year... screw them.. screw them up thier stupid asses.

Same reaction I had.....I take it you didn't get one either.

im not even clicking on the link.. the people who do this need a life, and im not going to boost thier site counter. these are perfectly good ps3s and wiis that could have made some of us very happy this year... screw them.. screw them up thier stupid asses.

Same reaction I had.....I take it you didn't get one either.

actually i did get one :D , but it doesnt mean there arent tons out there who didnt.. ive seen far too many people get in lines to freeze thier asses off, just to be one from the end of getting a system (or in my case a preorder) myself included.. its a horrible feeling. i think id want to beat the living shit if one of the guys at EB did this when i tried to get one there when i was 11th with 10 to give away.

still.. thank god for toys r us, and having sneaked info of extra shipments available for presale from old fellow employees :cool:

Edited by AtariJr

Most people there weren't really Nintendo fanboys. There were a bunch of good guys, we had a great time, but it was so cold.

You know I sort of am a Nintendo fan boy myself (despite being way past boyhood in my 30's) I just think it's funny to smash a console in front of people if they are gonna get all ripped about it! WTF why should it bother anyone what someone else does with their toy? The whole that's one console that little johnny wont be able to have because guy dressed as Mario bought it and broke it... doesnt fly with me at all. I find it as funny as the guy who says "burn them all" or the other guy at the very end "how much you want for the controller" <--- spoken like a TRUE gamer btw

Not suprisingly I notice that Nintendo fans seem to have a much better sense of humor about the whole smash your console thing then PS3 fans do.

Edited by kevin242

"The reaction? I saw everyone laugh at the idiots who wasted money. You know you're retarded when the people you're trying to offend laugh at you. That's when you become the "loser."

That money was donated by people who wanted to see the thing get smashed to pieces. Too bad for the fan-freaks... they probably weren't aware (or still aren't aware) of that bit of info. Yes, smashing up a buggy first wave console unit in front of a bunch of people who just PAID to beta test the console (1st waves have never been spot on) is damn funny.

This is just as awesome as the PS3 and the 360 getting smashed. Just like I said in the PS3 thread. These guys waited in line like everyone else and paid like everyone else (with donated money but whatever.) Once they rightfully own the console they can do whatever they want with it and I think it is awesome to smash it in front of fanboys.

With people being shot and robbed over these things I completely agree with this. Once that thing is smashed it is nothing more then useless pieces of plastic, metal, etc.

My kids will never get something like this for Christmas. I never got gifts this expensive. If I wanted something this expensive I had to save up and buy it (like my first console, guitar, skateboard, bmx, etc.) That has helped me appreciate the things that I can afford and have now. I see a bunch of spoiled brats that don't appreciate crap and just expect to get something like a console because they won't be happy otherwise and they know mommy and daddy can't stand for them not to be happy. I have no sympathy. Sometimes my son isn't happy with me because I have to send him to his room or give him a tap on the rear but that dosn't change the need for it. Besides, this isn't in as short supply as the PS3.

EDIT: I do have to note that my kids won't need things like this for Christmas because I will likely buy it at some point anyway (for me but it won't be off-limits.) I guess that's the cool part about having a dad that is a video game junky.

Edited by Hyper_Eye

EDIT: I do have to note that my kids won't need things like this for Christmas because I will likely buy it at some point anyway (for me but it won't be off-limits.) I guess that's the cool part about having a dad that is a video game junky.

This part made me laugh! kids today are lucky when their dad is a gamer! BTW I totally agree with everything you say about the insane fever over the new consoles (PS3 especially) one man was shot not too far from where I live because he wouldn't give up his 600 dollars to a mugger. Another teenager was chased out of the mall and beaten by 5 kids for his PS3.... it's sickening.

Meanwhile I want a WII too, but I will wait until the 2nd wave of games (I bet Mario Kart WII will be awesome) before I think about buying one.

This is just as awesome as the PS3 and the 360 getting smashed. Just like I said in the PS3 thread. These guys waited in line like everyone else and paid like everyone else (with donated money but whatever.) Once they rightfully own the console they can do whatever they want with it and I think it is awesome to smash it in front of fanboys.

With people being shot and robbed over these things I completely agree with this. Once that thing is smashed it is nothing more then useless pieces of plastic, metal, etc.

My kids will never get something like this for Christmas. I never got gifts this expensive. If I wanted something this expensive I had to save up and buy it (like my first console, guitar, skateboard, bmx, etc.) That has helped me appreciate the things that I can afford and have now. I see a bunch of spoiled brats that don't appreciate crap and just expect to get something like a console because they won't be happy otherwise and they know mommy and daddy can't stand for them not to be happy. I have no sympathy. Sometimes my son isn't happy with me because I have to send him to his room or give him a tap on the rear but that dosn't change the need for it. Besides, this isn't in as short supply as the PS3.

That was one long and incoherent rant about seemingly nothing but "in my day" drivel. This was just stupid, they were clearly trying to get a rise out of the crowd and nothing else. So lets not pretend this is a noble cause or any such nonsense. It's a handful of schmucks wasting a perfectly good piece of equipment that potentially could have made some one happy.

I don't consider anything you say to be more then a rant Sony (sorry... Sega) Saturn X. Try being something other then a troll for once. Besides, I was talking about what I think about this "some poor kid" nonsense that has been posted here. It was a response to something written in this thread making it relevant... unlike most posts you make.

Edited by Hyper_Eye

Dude, any KID who's parents can afford a PS3, Wii, or XBox360 don't get to fall into the "poor" category. Any KID who can get something like this doesn't have the right to feel self pity. Any KID that doesn't appreciate the hard work, over-time and general BS that has to go into the acquisition of expensive, or even sometimes more leisurely trinkets doesn't deserve it.

But I still appreciate the humour of a giant sledgehammer, and a bunch of clueless fan-freaks.