IGNORED

LTB - Colecovision Unit

jetset

Just the bare unit, preferably cheap. Maybe $15-20 plus shipping at the most. Mine took a shit....basicially one of the pins in the cartridge slot got bent down when I put a cart in. I tried to carefully bend it back up but sure enough it broke off.

I'm so frustrated I'm ready to just bundle up the 40 or so carts and all the other stuff and sell it here or ebay it. It's been a love/hate pain in the ass from day one...it always had the garbled graphics until I got the on/off switch cleaned and modded, but over time it got right back to where it started and I was having to clean the contacts on the carts every time or deal with garbled graphics.

Just the same though of the couple dozen systems I own the CV is one of the few I actually play often so I'd really miss it but I'm not willing to spend much more $$ all over again either.

I'm open to trades if there's anything you're looking for...my collection list is on my yahoo group, the link is in my sig, but I haven't updated it in a while. I also have a dead xbox if someone who can replace the (internal) power supply to it and wants it for modding. I also have an extra Flashback2, but as with 99% of them it has a bug...Missile Command rolls like a PAL game, other than that its brand new.

Anyways, reply here or PM if interested.

Edited by jetset

I have some edge connectors you could use to replace the broken one in your CV.

Might be worth doing if you already paid to have the power switch done and such.

Steve

He is lucky if he can put on his shoes, nevermind drilling out the bolts that hold the cart connector into place, or desoldering the damn thing. :P

I have some edge connectors you could use to replace the broken one in your CV.

Might be worth doing if you already paid to have the power switch done and such.

Steve

CPU pretty much hit the nail on the head. I'm probably THE worst person in the world with electronic skills.

Although the shoe tying crack was totally below the belt and uncalled for. I can tie my special shoes just fine thank you.

See? :P :P

post-997-1164285327_thumb.jpg

Edited by jetset

I have a complete Colecovision in a ratty box with about 10 games. It works but you have to hold down on the cart. I did the power switch myself. I couldn't find a new switch so I uhh "refurbished" the old one. Unsoldered it, took it apart, cleaned it and put it back together and that works great. No hack job, I've got electronics skills. I've tried gently cleaning the connector but didn't get too aggressive. The games are filthy. Anyway I'm too tied up with my NES venture right now to dick with it. In the holiday spirit, you can have this whole mess for shipping. If interested, let me know and tonight I'll box it and weigh it.

I have a complete Colecovision in a ratty box with about 10 games. It works but you have to hold down on the cart. I did the power switch myself. I couldn't find a new switch so I uhh "refurbished" the old one. Unsoldered it, took it apart, cleaned it and put it back together and that works great. No hack job, I've got electronics skills. I've tried gently cleaning the connector but didn't get too aggressive. The games are filthy. Anyway I'm too tied up with my NES venture right now to dick with it. In the holiday spirit, you can have this whole mess for shipping. If interested, let me know and tonight I'll box it and weigh it.

Wow I love this place!

PM most certainly sent!!!

CV on the way, Merry Christmas!

A big THANK you to rizdafix for sending me a nice freebie! There was the unit, a crapload of games, the power cord, rf cord and 2 controllers for free. Thanks man!

Unfortunately (and certainly NOT to take away from the awesomeness of his sending me this all for free!) the unit is not working, so this is also a bump to anyone who might have a spare working unit...If anyone has a want list that includes games and accessories for the following systems;

2600/5200/7800/Colecovision/NES/SNES/TI99-4a that also has a spare working CV unit let me know. I'd be willing to even go lopsided on the trade to get a working unit.