IGNORED

Game God II

Nateo

It's been a while since the first of this "series," I thout it would be cool to ask again. Which game do you consider yourself to be game god at? I'm not too great at some games, but I did get 64,780 on Ms. Pac-Man, and I got 33 thousand something on Astroblast.

Well, this isn't a console game, but I consider myself to be quite good at Robotron (the arcade game). We used to have one at work, and I had ample opportunity to hone my skills. I'd typically play for 45 minutes to an hour, racking up scores of over 3,000,000. I think if I had my own machine I could play for much longer periods of time. It is one of those arcade games (along with other Williams titles) that I need to build a house around someday..

..Al

Well, although I completely suck against the computer... I can dominate my friend Brian at Mortal Kombat II (He has the arcade cabinet). Once he got mad at me because I was reading the moves list while fighting him... I was only watching the fight via peripheral vision :)

I also have trouble getting people to play against me in Tony Hawk 2... I'm not all that great at it either, it's just that most of my friends haven't played it at all.

--Zero

Bomberman, multiplayer mode. I bought a Saturn because of the 10-player mode in Saturn Bomberman. Thing is, I don't have nine friends who enjoy Bomberman as much as I do.

Lately I've been having a lot of problems with the competitive games -- everything from Super Smash Brothers, thru Wip3out, to Jedi Knight II. I know few, if any, people that have a skill level on these games matching my own. Either I rock and they suck or I suck and they rock. The last time I multiplayer gamed we specifically dug up Golden Axe just to play a cooperative multiplayer game.

The best luck we've had of late is Gauntlet Legends, but it's too damn short. It only lasted about a month before we'd all played it out. It needs to be 20 times longer.

I believe that I'm the best at

Street Fighter Collection 2 for the Sony Playstation

I keep statistics on my matches with my friend, and I'd be willing to send them to anyone who supports Correl Spreadsheet Format.

We have a system of playing the game, whereby we allow all the characters to play all the other characters....we call it A SET.

1 set consists of 288 matches!

We've played 20 sets of "best out of three rounds", which equals

5760 battles!!

We started on "1 set rounds" about 6 months ago..

We've played 10 sets of this.

My friend and I ARE gods at this game, since we don't think anyone in the whole country could say they have the amount of experience playing this game as we do.

Now, I'm sure that people are going to mention the arcade game, and that's all well and good. Because of the joystick, I am definitely far worse at the Arcade. If it somehow had a thumbpad, I would absolutely dominate, NO LIE!

I did play people at The Midwest Classic, and I was doing Dragon Punches, Flash Kicks, and Sonic Booms pretty good....but not even close to the perfection I feel with a thumbpad.

Now here's the thing...I would LOVE to have anyone from the US compete against me at this Playstation game. It would actually be great if THEY kicked MY ass, because I feel that I'm so awesome at the game.

Over time, my friend has actually beaten me more at the game, and the statistics show this....although the stats tell it ALL....like what characters I play best as against which ones of his, and EVERYTHING.

Saying that we're obsessed with this game is putting it mildly.

Super Tennis is another one that I could destroy anyone at.

Holy cripes!! I don't know which is funnier!!!

"I mean the power supply unit will smoke before I quit, and that goes the same for my wife's ass."

or

"Yer wife's ass will smoke if you play Yar's Revenge for a long time?

I'd pay to see that trick!"

Christ!! Thanks alot guys you made me spit on my monitor!!! :lol:

I'd have to say for 2600 I was always good at space invaders, could play that til I just got bored and quit.

Well, somebody mentioned the c64 - so I've gotta say that I ROCKED on Archon back when I was a wee little lad. I remember getting tired of "just beating" the game - so I'd play to: Not lose any pieces - or - beat the game in 5 moves... Other than Archon, I pretty much suck at everything - but I have fun doing it!

Well at least its from Atari,

I was the God of Atari's "Space Lords" which was installed at Disney Worlds Polynesian Resort Game Room around 1993. I worked on the monorail system and would visit daily to defend my crown. Using the sign AtariBaby!

I loved that game and I loved being the God of that game even more.

The only other game that I achieved that kind of perfection on was Pole Position which was in the lobby of the movie theatre I ushered in from 1986-1988. ATC was my call sign there. Dauphin Street 6 Mobile Al.

"Back then" no one was better than me at Capcom's Forgotten Worlds the arcade game. Granted, it was probably a pretty easy game. I could complete that game without taking any damage or buying any power-ups, including extra life. I wish I had one of those in the basement.

I challenge anyone to arcade Space Invaders (avg. 70,000), Donkey Kong (avg. 250,000), and to an extent, mspacman set to fast speed (avg 200-300k). :D I aint the *best* but I at least it's fun competition for us regular players ;)

As far as 2600 games, aside from the games that EVERYONE is good at (Space Invaders, Asteroids, etc.) I guess I'm pretty good at Demon Attack (high score unknown) and MsPacman w/4 ghosts (high score around 130k)

The only game I got good at on the 2600 was Asteroids. The only game where I could reset the score counter. If I just could find my little score book .

In the arcades the only two I got really good at was Bomb Jack and Ghost'n'Goblins. I just loooved GNG, could play for an entire school lunch break for one credit, great stuff :D But I never did manage to get past that #¤#"%½"# caped critter. You know the one that nicks your girlfriend in the beginning of the game.

I did a new attempt a year ago or so, with Mame and unlimited credits. Played one entire saturday evening/night, and I still coulnd't kill the miserable critter!! :twisted:

Not to brag, but I rock at Double Dragon. Arcade, NES, SMS, 2600, Game Boy, you name it, I've played each more times than I can remember. Same goes for DDII (Aracde, NES, Game Boy, Tiger Handheld). DD3 is kinda hard to play over and over, but I do enjoy the change of pace every once in awhile.

Oh, and Xenophobe. I'm good at Xenophobe.

The Empire Strikes Back. Whatever your highest score is, whoever you are, I've beat it. I should probably look in my nifty little high-score book and get a number for you, but without photo/scanning capabilities, it's silly to brag without offering proof. Suffice to say that my thumb has, for some reason, been endowed with the ability to hammer at the fire button very quickly. (The trick is to not actually lift your thumb from the button between making contact and actually registering a "fire.")

Runner-up is Spider-Man. (The last building repeats over and over and over.)

I guess I'm just plain good at the more worthwhile Parker games!

CF

Not to brag, but I rock at Double Dragon.

Memories.

A friend and I used to play the PC (CGA) conversion of Double Dragon so much in high school that we could complete it without losing a credit.

The two of us also spent way too much time on Bubble Bobble -- Amiga version if I recall correctly. I've completed it a couple of times. On one version -- PC, Amiga or C64, I forget which -- the last level is pretty much impossible, since the bad guy moves so much faster that your sprite.

Heavy Barrel also featured. The Side Arms PC conversion was an insult. Lotus Turbo Esprit (with the "don't copy this game" low volume audio in the music) was also pretty damn fun, especially going under semi trailers.

Ye-hawr!

I remember getting a long way through some Accolade tank simulator. And there was an arcade-style military sim with a map and three different types of games -- a cabal-style shooter, a forward scrolling jeep thing and one other I can't remember. I got pretty good at that...

Oh yeah, Cabal, we played that a lot too.

For me, the Super NES version of Smash TV is about as easy as Tic Tac Toe. I can play through the whole game, get enough keys to get into the Pleasure Dome, visit all of the secret rooms, and thus get all five of the hidden objects that enable turbo mode. Then I proceed to do exactly the same thing in turbo mode! I once played with someone rather inexperienced at the game, and he used up all of the credits somewhere during the first two levels. I still made it to the MC boss without needing to continue, though. I almost had that bastard. I'd love to find someone else that can play this game as skillfully as I can. Two expert players tearing through Smash TV would be worthy of video taping. I've also beaten the butt ugly NES version of the game, which is tricky since you get NO CONTINUES. At least they give you a fresh 5 lives at each level.