IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

2 Atari 1040 STEs, 3 ST mice, an SM125 monitor and boxed Sim City for the ST.

1 of the STs was D.O.A but swapped the PSU out of a dead STfm and it works fine.

It's very yellow and dirty and stinks of smoke. It's just come out of a recording studio where the STEs were running cubase until last year.

£16 for the lot, think I did ok for a change

My brother surprised me last night with something from the compter recycler he works at. A box full of Atari Portfolio stuff!!! 1 Portfolio CIB, 1 serial interface CIB, 1 printer interface, CIB, 1 PC Card adapter setup CIB. Also loose was another Portfolio, 2 serial ports, 64K memory card, another PC card reader and a bunch of extra docs. Will post pictures later. Guess I have to remove the Portfolio from my wants in my sig!!!!

Unfortunately my £10 bid was not enough for this lot

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:B:WNA:GB:1123

I thought I was going to get it at £150 (don't tell the wife) and in the last 56 seconds it went to over £300. Shame there were some nice titles in there that I really want. Sad but I'd really like a boxed SCRAM and Kingdom. I know but ... I would have probably fixed the 800 and sold it on and sold on or traded the dupes out of the software and the 850 since I already have one I don't use.

£300 !!!!!!!!

Clean looking 520 STE upgraded to 1MB for 6.49GBP. Bargain! :) Await status of DMA chip...

I got an "untested" 800XL for £5 the other day. I took a gamble since I'm pretty happy repairing them now. Turns out it's fairly clean, mostly socketed (my 1st socketed 800XL) and working perfectly. In fact the video is better than my main unit.

I got an "untested" 800XL for £5 the other day. I took a gamble since I'm pretty happy repairing them now. Turns out it's fairly clean, mostly socketed (my 1st socketed 800XL) and working perfectly. In fact the video is better than my main unit.

If you're handy at fixing, you can really afford to gamble at those kinds of prices. I'll be OK replacing the DMA chip if necessary, a 4MB upgrade will obviously be easy, and any yellowing can be taken care of. I think in the case of this ST, the seller's choice of wording in the listing meant I was probably one of the only people who found it. :D

Latest 'computer recyclers center' finds

Coleco Adam Complete Computer System (previously posted, adding pics)

post-6701-1242190443_thumb.jpg post-6701-1242190453_thumb.jpg post-6701-1242190463_thumb.jpg

post-6701-1242190474_thumb.jpg post-6701-1242190494_thumb.jpg post-6701-1242190502_thumb.jpg

post-6701-1242190512_thumb.jpg

Box full of Atari Portfolio items (previously posted, adding pics)

The Portfolio box is fully packaged. The one outside the box is an extra.

post-6701-1242190521_thumb.jpg post-6701-1242190537_thumb.jpg post-6701-1242190546_thumb.jpg

post-6701-1242190556_thumb.jpg

Atari 1040STe /w monochrome monitor. This is one of the harder to find monitors with the beveled backs

Just got this one today. Have to run the system info on it to see how much ram it has. It also came with a CuBase dongle but no software.

post-6701-1242190565_thumb.jpg post-6701-1242190574_thumb.jpg post-6701-1242190585_thumb.jpg

A sealed copy of one of the Success with Math titles (Quadratics). Images seems to be missing from Atari Mania so will do some scans and attempt to dump it when I get a minute.

Also boxed Adventure Creator, Facemaker, Bubble Burst and Delta Drawing carts and a couple of 'non tested' boxed 1050s that went for cheap. The first one arrived at the weekend and after cleaning the head and tweaking the RPM works fine. It is however one of the dirtiest, yellowest pieces I have ever seen. Where's that RetroBrite ...

Edited by spookt

and a couple of 'non tested' boxed 1050s that went for cheap. The first one arrived at the weekend and after cleaning the head and tweaking the RPM works fine. It is however one of the dirtiest, yellowest pieces I have ever seen. Where's that RetroBrite ...

missed those :(