IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

You running a PAL atari for that dropzone? I hope so or it wil suck!!!

Microdaft is the USA-NTSC version isn't it?

EDIT: From the item description

A vintage arcade adventure game for the Atari Computer.

This is the very rare U.S. big box diskette version of the game.

"rare" should be one of those words that causes auctions to automatically get blacklisted :D

EDIT On second thought, I should list some RARE atari basic and combat carts...

EDIT 2: After all the ebay fees, what is a good price to list 800, 810, 820, 850 for? $50+$25-S&H? $40+$20-S&H?

VINTAGE ATARI 820 PRINTER! ATARI 800!

Item condition:--

Ended:May 07, 201122:06:12 PDT

Sold For:US $49.99 [ 1 bid ]

Shipping:$20.00 Standard Shipping

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2607807282661?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260780728266&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Take the front faceplate out of that, put it on an atari 810 enclosure with an SIO2IDE inside it, and an IDE desktop hardrive... That'd be a pretty awesome "period looking" 800 hardisk setup.

You running a PAL atari for that dropzone? I hope so or it wil suck!!!

Microdaft is the USA-NTSC version isn't it?

EDIT: From the item description

A vintage arcade adventure game for the Atari Computer.

This is the very rare U.S. big box diskette version of the game.

Archer Maclean quote from http://www.dadgum.com/halcyon/BOOK/MACLEAN.HTM

"Trouble was, the publisher had told me it was no longer in production about eighteen months after releasing it and stopped paying royalties. But they didn't know that I traveled a lot and saw it for sale all over Europe and in Australia, and I used to buy copies of my game, get receipts for it, and often take photos on site too. And my contract with them prevented them selling it outside of Europe. Then in 1987 or 1988, I saw a double page ad for it in a US magazine and bought a copy to run on a US machine. It didn't look or play too good because it was tuned for a European machine, and it looked real bad, almost embarrassing."

"rare" should be one of those words that causes auctions to automatically get blacklisted :D

I think a more appropriate response would be an automatic punch in the face, and then a pop up message; "Rare - Are you Sure?" with a Yes garnering another punch in the face, and then the pop up message again...

Speaking of ebay, what's the mod in this 800?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1605863203291?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160586320329&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Radio Modem - lets users use their Atari computers to talk to each other. Kind of like a teleprinter, but uses a computer to read/generate the text. Thats what I think it is, anyway :)

I want that sweet Atari 810 dust cover!!!

i should buy an 820 for all the paper i have for them...

sloopy.

Where do you get paper and ribbons in 2011? My first printer was the 822, and other than the fact that I don't know where to get the printer, I figure I'd never have the paper. I never had the 822, but it's similar. I'm guessing the paper (and the ribbon) both meet with some other (adding machine/typewriter?) standard.

Just curious. Would [thermal] paper for the 822 still be available, as well?

If you've ever got a receipt on thermal paper, chances are the roll from that printer would work in the 822

I know for sure, Epson MKII and MKIII printers used with MICROS terminals use the same paper.

Furthermore, I think the ZIP pack ribbon for an 825 can be wound onto the 820. Gonna check tonight :)

Speaking of ebay, what's the mod in this 800?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1605863203291?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160586320329&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Radio Modem - lets users use their Atari computers to talk to each other. Kind of like a teleprinter, but uses a computer to read/generate the text. Thats what I think it is, anyway :)

I want that sweet Atari 810 dust cover!!!

Kinda, the kantronics cart uses the kantronics "Interface I" or "Interface II" to send & receive Radio Teletype and Morse Code with Ham Radios...

The OS mod looks interesting ;)

i should buy an 820 for all the paper i have for them...

sloopy.

Where do you get paper and ribbons in 2011? My first printer was the 822, and other than the fact that I don't know where to get the printer, I figure I'd never have the paper. I never had the 822, but it's similar. I'm guessing the paper (and the ribbon) both meet with some other (adding machine/typewriter?) standard.

i have a bunch from a lot of A8 stuff i got...

sloopy.

It didn't look or play too good because it was tuned for a European machine, and it looked real bad, almost embarrassing."

I thought maybe since they paid him, he would have fixed it... wishful thinking I guess

But they didn't, they stopped paying his royalties ;-)

Okay, I just bought this: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2607820500651?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=260782050065&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] (an 850). I don't know what I'll do with it, but I haven't had one in the collection for a while.

For the same money, you could have gotten something useful, like an SIO2PC. Collectors are a crazy bunch...

I already have an SIO2PC. This will probably just sit between my 3 800's, 2 400's, 2 1200XL's, etc.. I used to have a lot more. :)

But they didn't, they stopped paying his royalties ;-)

How would one get in contact with Archer Mclean?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Atari 410 Operators Manual

Item condition:Very Good

Ended:May 01, 201104:08:39 PDT

Sold For:US $5.99

Shipping:$3.99 USPS First Class Mail

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1904451015371?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=190445101537&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

!B25ZqkwEWk~$(KGrHqF,!jME)piDJ-jsBMkRKb8gR!~~_12.JPG

i have a bunch from a lot of A8 stuff i got...

I remember that lot! Wasn't it a bunch of books and an 810 as well?

nope, a bunch of 1050's... it was from CL, not feepay...

sloopy.