IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

Why is this Atari related? This is circa 1983 Atomic clock with RS-232 output - easy way to add a Real Time Clock to your computer.

Heathkit GC-1000 Most Accurate Clock w/RS232

Item condition:--

Ended:May 12, 2011 01:18:57 PDT

Sold For:US $325.00

Shipping:$15.00 Economy Shipping

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3305633260131?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330563326013&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

$(KGrHqIOKpcE3J,RS2B8BNynW4wv3!~~_12.JPG$(KGrHqEOKpwE25TshUD3BNyn(T39nw~~_12.JPG$(KGrHqEOKowE3HGei87cBNyn(Tymqg~~_12.JPG

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/vintagemicros/m.html?_nkw=corvus&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1&_fln=1&_trksid=p3911.c0.m283&_rdc=1

I also bought every piece of documentation, disk, manual, and hardware Vintage Micros had for Corvus equipment in the last 3 weeks

Mu how far We've come since then, The equivalent of that whole board would fit in My hand as will the drive.

Mu how far We've come since then, The equivalent of that whole board would fit in My hand as will the drive.

Close, but not quite. The Corvus OmniDisk is a Network Attached Storage device - 20 years ahead of it's time. Also, there was the Corvus Bank - Network Attached Backup using the precursor to DLT, and the Corvus Concept - a network bootable computer system with Portrait-Landscape rotatable high resolution monitor.

Someday I hope to have an Atari 800 / Corvus Concept / Apple III network with shared storage and tape backup.

Maybe these stupidly priced auctions are put up by henpecked husbands who tell their wives that their old gear is "worth hundreds and shouldn't just be given away or thrown out".

So, when the auction (obviously) fails, the other half won't want them to throw out their "valuable gear".

Arrived today. Needless to say, does not match the photo on eBay. This is what happens when you remove the screws from the case, wrap the unit in a bit of bubble wrap (without taping it), wad up a few pages of newspaper, then drop in two power supplies (loose) to act like twin wrecking balls during shipment. And no, I performed no disassembly -- all these pieces were as I pulled them out of the box. Enjoy!

...This is a F-TRAGEDY.

...No doubt those power-supplies played plain close-encounter bowling with that poor 800. Nevertheless, I must tell you that the 800 unit you show there does not seem in good condition, anyway (plastic-case seems all foul-colored, not just age-yellowing).

Usually, I asked all my shippers IN WRITING to pack-up very, very carefully and I also explain the actual parts that would most vulnerable if not properly packed, and how they could break. Next, I ask insurance on shipment, so in case sender chickens-out with his/her own f-up, I still have someone to go after.

I did that when getting my A800, even knowing that it was coming with the two-tone blue MicroCase carrying-case.

Good luck with this wreck, though.

F.

My XF551 SIO connections are perfect, thank to someone named Ken...

The SIO's aren't THAT bad. Sure, they're not the best but have always carried two of these around Europe, from meeting to meeting, with lot's of plugging in and out and plenty of abuse and never had a problem with those.

YMMV.

IIABFIA:"If it aint broke, fix it anyway!":D

That sounds like what's being discussed on the ebay forums right now, Ebay changed the user interface in the USA and lots of users, Both Buyers and Sellers aren't happy and people are talking Boycott...

1st ebay changed the interface to the new one, then ebay changed It back to the old one and then changed the interface once again to the new and hated interface, people are complaining.

Yep, I hate it too! Ebay always make the wrong choice, every time it seems.. hard to be wrong all the time but they seem to be trying for it !

post-11281-0-90744600-1305420634_thumb.jpg

Could not find any mention of this on AtariMania - does anyone know it?

I have about three copies of this cassette, I have the instructions knocking about somewhere too, I can scan them if you are interested... (Not used it myself)

@jacobus

Atari 1020 Color Printer:

- 4-color graphics: (black, red, blue, green). optional 8-pen rainbow package

- alphanumeric and X,Y plotting capability

- 10 cps (40-column mode)

- 20, 40 and 80-column modes

- horizontal and vertical alphanumerics, English and International chr sets

- water soluble ink pen technology

- 4-pen barrel print head

- microprocessor

- paper: standard roll paper (40 column width)

- TX9032 Joystick Sketchpad graphics software cassette included

source : http://www.cs.toronto.edu/pub/usenet/comp.answers/atari-8-bit/faq

Master list

CX4132/TX9032 Joystick Sketchpad

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/118475-atari-software-master-list/

an other on ebay

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2508134899411?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250813489941&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]